PDA

View Full Version : Democrat Debate on NOW

nullvalu
08-19-2007, 08:33 AM
I just happened onto it, not sure if anyone knew about it/cared about it but its on "This Week with George Snuffulupogus" on ABC.

paulaholic
08-19-2007, 09:48 AM
Kucinich is doing well.

I kind of like Gravel. He knows that he's got no shot, so he doesn't hold back and isn't afraid to attack the others, and make really bold statements.

Brasil Branco
08-19-2007, 09:48 AM
Any stream?

angelatc
08-19-2007, 09:52 AM
Kucinich is doing well.

I kind of like Gravel. He knows that he's got no shot, so he doesn't hold back and isn't afraid to attack the others, and make really bold statements.

I would like to see a Gravel PResidency for several reasons, one being that it's been far too long since we've had a grumpy old man calling the shots.

I don't agree with him much from a fiscal-political policy, but I'd vote for him just because I think he's an honest man.

Slugg
08-19-2007, 10:02 AM
I would like to see a Gravel PResidency for several reasons, one being that it's been far too long since we've had a grumpy old man calling the shots.

I don't agree with him much from a fiscal-political policy, but I'd vote for him just because I think he's an honest man.

Yup, I'm willing to vote for any honest man out there right now. But, honesty is only the best policy if the voters are informed.

james1906
08-19-2007, 10:08 AM
Anyone hear what Bill Richardson just said? It was a pretty good Ron Paul impersonation.

Paulitician
08-19-2007, 10:15 AM
Kucinich did a good job at getting great laughs when he answered the prayer question, and when he said it was an inadequate debate and brought up two bigger issues. I agree with him on that, the debate has been absolutely ho-hum and I'm only watching it for him and Gravel. Gravel was kicking ass just now but doesn't quite know how to articulate himself well...

Anyone hear what Bill Richardson just said? It was a pretty good Ron Paul impersonation.
That's what I thought too, hehe.

james1906
08-19-2007, 10:20 AM
I wonder who made the decision to actually spread out the candidiates?

james1906
08-19-2007, 10:24 AM
Ha! Clinton said those who fought for women's rights brought her there today. Hey Hill, you're only there because your husband was president!

Original_Intent
08-19-2007, 10:34 AM
Great speech against American imperialism by Gravel.

Clinton looks like she has a dead mouse pinned on her lapel.

james1906
08-19-2007, 10:36 AM
Gravel continues to be a thorn in the side of those hacks He's amazing.

Original_Intent
08-19-2007, 10:41 AM
The debate isn't even over and I think Obama just won it. Not a fan of Obama, but he nailed that question and got a good audience response.

james1906
08-19-2007, 10:42 AM
I looked at the ABC poll, and Obama's 'spammers' have put him at the top.

ThePieSwindler
08-19-2007, 11:05 AM
The debate isn't even over and I think Obama just won it. Not a fan of Obama, but he nailed that question and got a good audience response.

What was the question/response?

Spike Kojima
08-19-2007, 11:12 AM
Guys the "Nobody won. I'm voting Republican." option is 6th. That would be a pseudo Ron Paul victory (in the dem debate) ,if it was 1st.

http://abcnews.go.com/politics

I can say that i can agree with some of the Dems on social and foreign policy. But if he gets the republican nomination I would always pick Paul , because he follows the constitution so strictly.

james1906
08-19-2007, 11:16 AM
Guys the "Nobody won. I'm voting Republican." option is 6th. That would be a pseudo Ron Paul victory (in the dem debate) ,if it was 1st.

I can say that i can agree with some of the Dems on social and foreign policy. But if he gets the republican nomination I would always pick Paul , because he follows the constitution so strictly.

I put in a vote for Gravel, he needs all the help he can get.

ThePieSwindler
08-19-2007, 11:18 AM

The problem with the Dems and foreign policy is that, for the most part, they might be against the Iraq war but are certainly not for a non-interventionist foreign policy. Lets face it - the less a war has to do with national security (Darfur), the more likely democrats are to want to fight it. Obama would send troops into Darfur, and he would send troops into Pakistan. Sure Osama might be there, but so might many, many other sects who do not want US troops there, plus we would risk alienating the Pakistani government (who we still give foreign aid to). And social issues? Huh? What? I'm guessing you're a former democrat supporting Ron Paul, because thats the main reason i HATE the democrats are social/economic issues (they arent about personal freedom anymore - its all about collectivism and handouts to groups)

constituent
08-19-2007, 11:30 AM
i tried to vote several times, but got an error message until i chose hilary.

what's with that?

Spike Kojima
08-19-2007, 11:41 AM
The problem with the Dems and foreign policy is that, for the most part, they might be against the Iraq war but are certainly not for a non-interventionist foreign policy. Lets face it - the less a war has to do with national security (Darfur), the more likely democrats are to want to fight it. Obama would send troops into Darfur, and he would send troops into Pakistan. Sure Osama might be there, but so might many, many other sects who do not want US troops there, plus we would risk alienating the Pakistani government (who we still give foreign aid to). And social issues? Huh? What? I'm guessing you're a former democrat supporting Ron Paul, because thats the main reason i HATE the democrats are social/economic issues (they arent about personal freedom anymore - its all about collectivism and handouts to groups)

No, I'm more of an anarcho capitalist. Government is force ,tax is slavery.

When I say I agree with Dems , I think I was being overly generous . By saying a I agree with "some " dems socially, I meant I have no problems with people who use drugs , the gays or other generally liberal things.

Foreign policy.. It just seem that the say they will end the war in Iraq (8 months in control of the legislature isn't enough time it seems).

On second thoughts just pretend I didn't even say "I can say that i can agree with some of the Dems on social and foreign policy".It was ill advised to say so.

nullvalu
08-19-2007, 12:29 PM
I voted for Gravel as well, he was the only 'real' person up there, perhaps with the exception of Kucinich (although i feel bad because they probably had more shots of his wife than him)..

Hillary & Obama did the typical spin jobs of not answering questions directly, but skewing the questions so much to the point where they're answering their own questions that they'd feel more comfortable with.

John Edwards doesn't seem that bad, but he may just be a better liar than the rest, not sure..

But Gravel is definately one of ours & I loved his response on the education system (privatization to create competition)

angelatc
08-19-2007, 12:54 PM
My favorite line went to Kucinich.

First the set up: Stephy asked something like if the candidates believed that prayer could help avert disasters.

Later, Kucinich said "Well George, I've been up praying for 45 minutes that you would call on me."

0zzy
08-19-2007, 01:04 PM
My favorite line went to Kucinich.

First the set up: Stephy asked something like if the candidates believed that prayer could help avert disasters.

Later, Kucinich said "Well George, I've been up praying for 45 minutes that you would call on me."

I rofl'd at that too :).

Kucinich and Gravel are too smart for dumb voters to understand. It's sad really.