PDA

View Full Version : Lesson Learned...

psalm82x3
03-23-2008, 07:22 PM
This was the first time I had attended any kind of a political convention, so it was a learning experience for me. The single most important lesson I am taking away for next time, is that not all committees are created equal. In hindsight, we made the mistake of locking up the resolutions comittee, when we should have been worried about nominations. My rankings of committees in order of importance:

1 Nominations
2 Credentials
3 Rules
4 Resolutions
5 Permanent Organizations

The next time we have the conventions, hopefully we will be so great in number that we hold a legitamate majority, but if not, we have to all try our best to get on the nominations committee. If anyone has had a similar experience, please share what you think the order of importance is of the committees.

mavtek
03-23-2008, 07:42 PM
Getting RP supporters on committees is by far the most important thing to do at the convention level. If you dominate the committees you dominate the conventions.

Scribbler de Stebbing
03-23-2008, 08:56 PM
I'd put rules above credentials. And get at least one Paulian appointed as a teller. They who make the rules and count the votes run the joint.