PDA

View Full Version : Controlling the National Campaign

HammerDR
08-19-2007, 07:12 AM
Or, rather, why you shouldn't.

Many people here are so enthusiastic and excited that they have decided to look at the national campaign critically. Suggestions, comments and complaints have ranged from firing Ron Paul's campaign staff and hiring Rove to having us write the good doctor's speeches for him. While these comments can be amusing, many of them are said in all seriousness.

We are the Grassroots Campaign. We are different. We are not the Ron Paul Presidential Campaign Committee. We are an entirely different entity. We have a great thing going for us--we are organized and widespread enough that we can do things that the national campaign could only DREAM about doing. We have put signs in every major city in the United States. We have gone to baseball games and handed out material. We have told parents, grandparents, siblings and children about Ron Paul. We are, in a single word, awesome.

Likewise, the National Campaign is different from us. In fact, they are regulated by the FEC to not contact us. To many this is frustrating but I see this as a plus--the national campaign is a "traditional" campaign while we run the non-traditional, revolutionary campaign. They have resources and assets that we could only dream of having--chief among them is Dr. Ron Paul himself. They have had a strong finish at Ames and have gotten great responses to each debate. They have successfully put Dr. Paul on the Daily Show, the Colbert Report, Morning Joe, Tucker, etc. They are doing their job and they are surprising a lot of people--they are a very successful traditional campaign.

Grassroots and National. Both are important. Both are different. Neither should try to control the other. We here at the Grassroots should continue to create viral YouTube videos and dominating the small, local straw polls. We should continue to spread the message with the materials at hand and we should continue to be as enthusiastic as we have been. The National campaign should do what it has always done--slowly climb the ranks toward respectability, competitiveness and relevance.

We here at the grassroots really shouldn't worry about the National Campaign. We all know what Ron's message is. We all know that he isn't going to change that message. We all agree with it and we should all continue to support it. If we, the Grassroots, attempt to become the National Campaign Chair (poor Kent) then we have completely hijacked a completely different entity of this campaign as a whole that was working for the message.

Two heads at better than one. Two organizations are better than one. Let the National Campaign spread the message in their own way. We, the grassroots, should spread the message in our own way. Who cares how we get the people on board--it's getting them on the ship that counts.

Sean
08-19-2007, 07:28 AM
I don't think we should control the national campaign, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't give our advise or ideas. When I had a job at 17 I worked for a company that was losing thousands in profit a day. I was probably the lowest paid person there yet I came up with the idea that stopped that loss while management had no idea how to as they were so far above the ground floor process.

HammerDR
08-19-2007, 07:30 AM
I don't think we should control the national campaign, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't give our advise or ideas. When I had a job at 17 I worked for a company that was losing thousands in profit a day. I was probably the lowest paid person there yet I came up with the idea that stopped that loss while management had no idea how to as they were so far above the ground floor process.

There's absolutely no indication that the national campaign is going anywhere but exponentially up :P

gtjwkq
08-19-2007, 08:42 AM
I agree with Sean, we can always help with feedback and suggestions. Even if the national campaign seems to be having success, it might not be enough and it can always do better. We all just want to make sure Ron Paul becomes president.

angelatc
08-19-2007, 08:44 AM
I don't want to control the campaign. But I know where Ron Paul stands on issues, and even I have trouble deciphering what he said sometimes.

Constuctive criticism isn't dangerous.

UtahApocalypse
08-19-2007, 09:18 AM

The thing is due to FEC regulations we absolutely CANNOT discuss, plan, ask, advise or anything like that with the Campaign. The minute they even recieve a e-mail from one of us about something they can become responsible for it, even if they don't reply or take any action. Yes, at times it sucks and can get frustrating. Those are the rules though, and I promise if Ron Paul keeps moving up other campaigns will attack anyway they can. If anything in the campaign is out of line for the FEC it can be over that quick. Everyone please keep up the work your doing, but do it grassroots revolution style!

LibertyEagle
08-19-2007, 09:20 AM
I don't want to control the campaign. But I know where Ron Paul stands on issues, and even I have trouble deciphering what he said sometimes.

Constuctive criticism isn't dangerous.

Yeah, I agree. Me too.

Jean
08-19-2007, 12:14 PM
I have been told we can send information to the campaign without a problem. The campaign can not send information back to us! It is a one way street! But they do send their love!:D