PDA

View Full Version : The potential of us & the asleep?

dsarver88
03-22-2008, 11:21 PM
Hello all,

I have been talking to many RP supporters and liberty minded people lately which has given me a very somber thought...

Given the state of the typical American household and the mindset that goes with it, have we reached our maximum potential at this stage?

Or in other words, is it likely that there are liberty-loving, constitution-mided Americans out there who haven't heard of RP? Is there anyone out there still "in the dark" who would easily get the message of the Freedom movement and the RP candicacy?

Generally, the RP supporters I have met were "outside the mainstream" already. They didn't believe the popular media, had their own sense of right and wrong, and knew the proper role of government. It's that very nature that makes me think that those who would "get it" are already onboard. They would have found solutions already and not waited to be given them.

So, depending on where you live, the voting results show that 7-15% of the population is awake and oriented. That being the numbers, wouldn't that mean that 85-93% of the population is asleep and dazed?

Of course, some people will never want to wake up because being an individual who is self-responsible is a scary thing. A sleepy state will always be their preferred life...

So... here are some questions...

How do we wake up the rest? Or SHOULD we try to wake up everyone? Or just enough to allow us to make a change?

Should we count on the "sheep" to be neutral and follow whatever loudspeaker is closest? Or try to shake them out of their nap?

And if so, what percentage of the population would be needed to reach a tipping point to allow a return to Constitutional principles?

Just curious on what everyone thinks now that a solid "patriot population" is assembled and anxious... what's the overall theory?

Changing the hearts & minds of as many as possible and then waiting for liberty to bubble up to the surface from an engaged citizenry?

Or surgical actions to make changes for our goals bypassing those who wouldn't understand what we were doing anyway?

Have a doughnut... let's discuss...

LibertiORDeth
03-22-2008, 11:26 PM
cheese.

icon124
03-22-2008, 11:30 PM
just want to add that I wasn't awake before Ron Paul came along...this movement woke me up.

They threw cold water on me while I was in a VERY deep sleep. :)

Alawn
03-22-2008, 11:37 PM
I know people that were not awake at all before Ron Paul. I don't think everybody was outside the mainstream.

Mr. White
03-22-2008, 11:55 PM
Ron Paul opened my mind up in a sense. My experiences on this board led me to understand that a lot of people on this side also think they know to be fact that which is simply their opinion. More and more it seems members of this board seek to exclude those who disagree or besmirch their ideas with the claim that they are sheeple or asleep. I think it's time that some realize that the shit they're shoevling is just as deep as those they oppose. That includes this board and that includes me.

Not meaning to take away from your thread as it's a valid question. I just think the manner in which you've characterized 85% of America is ignorant and counter-productive to anything you seem to be wanting to accomplish.

dsarver88
03-23-2008, 12:31 AM
Ron Paul opened my mind up in a sense. My experiences on this board led me to understand that a lot of people on this side also think they know to be fact that which is simply their opinion. More and more it seems members of this board seek to exclude those who disagree or besmirch their ideas with the claim that they are sheeple or asleep. I think it's time that some realize that the shit they're shoevling is just as deep as those they oppose. That includes this board and that includes me.

Not meaning to take away from your thread as it's a valid question. I just think the manner in which you've characterized 85% of America is ignorant and counter-productive to anything you seem to be wanting to accomplish.

well, you made some valid comments there... but please note that i said "asleep" not "ignorant"

to use a simple analogy, imagine a 100 room hotel having its roof catch on fire

based on the results of voting in states so far about 10% - the RP supporters - decided to evacuate the building. some made noise and banged on doors on the way out. some pulled the fire alarm - others called 911. nobody could say that they didn't do everything reasonable and then some to help the other hotel guests.

as the fire trucks pull up with sirens blazing, some others wake up and raise a ruckus - the newly "awake" - and they too vacate trying to help others on the way out

now, we have maybe 70 rooms that are occupied that will probably be at least seriously hurt.

do we go inside and try again to save them from the fire? or do we throw rocks at their windows from the safety of outside in a last futile attempt to wake them?

as the fire crews go inside and pull people out, we can hear them say "if i would have only known, geez, i would have been the first one out. i was too busy watching american idol to hear the noise" ;)

so then we get the last 10-20 people who refuse to come out cause they are about to announce the winner of AI... and they perish...

some people can be spared and some we cannot...

however, the problem is the hotel is destroyed - where do we sleep tonite?

and there lies the trouble... do we focus on saving the guests or saving the hotel???

in one outcome, we all stand outside feeling good that we just avoided certain peril but still have to sleep on the grass

in the other, we try to fight the fire at great peril to ourselves because we want to have a bed to sleep in tonite - even if the other guests won't help save themselves...

oh well, it's late... not sure my analogy had enough steam to make it to the end...

anyway, the whole idea behind this thread is pretty straightforward

which is a better tactic? to save the population by changing it? or to save the population by changing the structure it exists in - one item at a time?