PDA

View Full Version : So Angry.

CoreyBowen999
03-22-2008, 09:54 PM
Ok so my dad knows I like Ron Paul because I tried to convince him to support Ron too but he is just too stubborn on the war. Today we pass by a Ron Paul supporters car with a bumper sticker and as my dad described it, "gangster looking". The guy kind of swerves once. My dad goes on to say "what a fucking typical Ron Paul supporter. They are all irresponsible and shouldn't be allowed to vote.. So we get in to this big arguement because if he is making fun of all Ron supporters, then he is making fun of me.

yongrel
03-22-2008, 09:55 PM
Emancipate yourself.

kirkblitz
03-22-2008, 09:55 PM
hehe i suck at driving to!

Mr. White
03-22-2008, 09:58 PM
Sounds like he was trying to get under your skin. Sounds like you're letting him. You wanna make yourself feel better? Ignore him.

AJ Antimony
03-22-2008, 10:02 PM
Tell him to read the Constitution. Then he can talk to you again.

JosephTheLibertarian
03-22-2008, 10:13 PM
Tell him to enlist and fight, instead of sitting on his fat ass.

DealzOnWheelz
03-22-2008, 11:10 PM
Ask him which hand he would like his chip implanted in

The One
03-22-2008, 11:11 PM
Ok so my dad knows I like Ron Paul because I tried to convince him to support Ron too but he is just too stubborn on the war. Today we pass by a Ron Paul supporters car with a bumper sticker and as my dad described it, "gangster looking". The guy kind of swerves once. My dad goes on to say "what a fucking typical Ron Paul supporter. They are all irresponsible and shouldn't be allowed to vote.. So we get in to this big arguement because if he is making fun of all Ron supporters, then he is making fun of me.

Ever hear of the Menendez brothers???

Soccrmastr
03-22-2008, 11:18 PM
Get a new dad.

LibertiORDeth
03-22-2008, 11:32 PM
Tell him to enlist and fight, instead of sitting on his fat ass.

I am in the same boat as Corey, but my dad is in the Guard, and is going to Iraq next year, so that wouldn't work for me :p

icon124
03-22-2008, 11:34 PM
tell him if he likes the war so much go volunteer...and then come back and see if he still likes it

Mickeys
03-23-2008, 02:05 AM
Here is the thing...for everybody...if you try to tell someone about Ron Paul, and they make it clear they don't want to hear, then SHUT THE HELL UP! Being a nuisance and calling other stupid, and thinking that you are superior to others is not the way to go.

Mickeys
03-23-2008, 02:06 AM
tell him if he likes the war so much go volunteer...and then come back and see if he still likes it

That is an argument of a VERT weak mind. I thought Ron Paul supporters were supposed to be smarter than to use that very weak, Michael Moore style argument.

Congratulations..you are now on the same level as Michael Moore. Wow.

The One
03-23-2008, 05:46 AM
Mickeys, I've read your posts in this thread, and I've looked through your previous posts. You are no RP supporter. What are you doing here?

JosephTheLibertarian
03-23-2008, 08:36 AM
I am in the same boat as Corey, but my dad is in the Guard, and is going to Iraq next year, so that wouldn't work for me :p

Really? Well, at least he's going to fight, not sitting on his ass and expecting others to spill blood for his own false sense of paranoia derived security.

Corydoras
03-23-2008, 08:43 AM
Corey, look your dad in the eye, and say very calmly, "I suggest you speak with respect toward someone who will be deciding which nursing home you're going to be put in when the time comes."

CoreyBowen999
03-23-2008, 08:44 AM
Here is the thing...for everybody...if you try to tell someone about Ron Paul, and they make it clear they don't want to hear, then SHUT THE HELL UP! Being a nuisance and calling other stupid, and thinking that you are superior to others is not the way to go.

Mickey.. I didn't try to shove the information down his throat. It is not I who is annoying the other person; it is him. I do not see myself as my dads superior:p

Corydoras
03-23-2008, 08:47 AM
He has no right to speak to you with such disrespect.

And he's stupid if he thinks he can talk to you that way and expect you to treat him respectfully when he gets too old to feed himself and go to the toilet himself.

CoreyBowen999
03-23-2008, 08:49 AM
Corey, look your dad in the eye, and say very calmly, "I suggest you speak with respect toward someone who will be deciding which nursing home you're going to be put in when the time comes."

haha nice

LEK
03-23-2008, 12:43 PM
Will he miss you when you're drafted?

Be respectful...say nothing...he already knows what you believe.
He'll get it eventually...world affairs speak loudly to the truth.
And when he wants to ask you what you think...be respectful BUT give it to him straight.

TER
03-23-2008, 12:51 PM
Corey, don't be mad. Make this another example of how hard you must struggle to take the blinders from his eyes. Do this gently, with compassion, patience, and most important, love.