PDA

View Full Version : Why The Official Campaign Is Not Supporting The High Tide Ad?

VoteForRonPaul
03-22-2008, 02:17 PM
Yesterday I asked AdamT (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpost.php?p=1364348&postcount=13), why the official campaign is not supporting his Ad (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3MLTvYBQy0)? And he nicely replied to me as follows

Thanks Adam for all the efforts. But I have a question; Why you guys do not ask the support of the official campaign? PA is the only primary state in April.

So far I've had 0 success in getting through to anyone at the campaign. No one answers the phones. We are all for getting them to air it, and it seems they are sitting on at least $5 million. If anyone has any inroads please have the campaign contact us ASAP.

Now I am asking the people who trust the campaign to help Adam, contact their beloved campaign and ask them to support this great Ad in order to be aired in Pennsylvania as soon as possible, enough is enough! And there was another great idea that some people mentioned it before that this Ad should be broadcasted in theaters before every show in PA. Why not? And what the official campaign is waiting for????????????????????????

Mickeys
03-22-2008, 04:19 PM
Just because YOU think something is a good idea does not mean it is. Has it ever occurred to you that they are MUCH (like infinitesimally times more) smarter than you are when it comes to this? They have people whose entire adult lives...the entire CAREERS...are doing this sort of thing. Theyt are not some 16 year old who got into political 10 months ago because it was the in thing to do during 11th grade study hall.

The grassroots campaign HURT Ron Paul more than it helped him,Much more. And continues to do so every day. You may have noticed that Ron Paul himself has pretty much distanced himself from you (other than taking your money)...and now you know why.

nate895
03-22-2008, 04:23 PM
Just because YOU think something is a good idea does not mean it is. Has it ever occurred to you that they are MUCH (like infinitesimally times more) smarter than you are when it comes to this? They have people whose entire adult lives...the entire CAREERS...are doing this sort of thing. Theyt are not some 16 year old who got into political 10 months ago because it was the in thing to do during 11th grade study hall.

The grassroots campaign HURT Ron Paul more than it helped him,Much more. And continues to do so every day. You may have noticed that Ron Paul himself has pretty much distanced himself from you (other than taking your money)...and now you know why.

Uh, Ron Paul would have been in Duncan Hunter's situation if it weren't for the grassroots.

slacker921
03-22-2008, 04:45 PM
Mickeys - Please go ask someone who was in one of the other campaigns.. Romney, Huckabee, etc.. and see what opinion they have of their counterparts in the Paul campaign. Seriously, I'm curious to see if they share your respect for the Paul campaign staff.

VoteForRonPaul - I think they're simply holding the cash and will apply it towards another campaign or other local campaigns. That's my take.

VoteForRonPaul
03-22-2008, 05:04 PM
Just because YOU think something is a good idea does not mean it is. Has it ever occurred to you that they are MUCH (like infinitesimally times more) smarter than you are when it comes to this? They have people whose entire adult lives...the entire CAREERS...are doing this sort of thing. Theyt are not some 16 year old who got into political 10 months ago because it was the in thing to do during 11th grade study hall. The grassroots campaign HURT Ron Paul more than it helped him,Much more. And continues to do so every day.
This reply is the true definition of non-sense and emptiness!

You may have noticed that Ron Paul himself has pretty much distanced himself from you (other than taking your money)...and now you know why.
Here you are lying like hell!
Ron Paul never distanced himself from his people but instead he asked the truthers politely not to attach his name to theories which he might not believe in. And before this clarification many people were confused about his position and now most of them understand his position very well and they respect it even if they do not agree with it!
http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:Z2zw3ZgDLLkiCM:http://1passwd.com/images/features/stop_tiny.png lying!

constitutional
03-22-2008, 05:31 PM

You are a moron.

Go away from this place. Thanks.

Penners
03-22-2008, 05:41 PM

You are so totally wrong about HQ... there were many "rookies" on the team. Do you research before you post. And they are not 16, some were 23 and sure did not a ANY CAREER of experience.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
03-22-2008, 05:53 PM
Uh, Ron Paul would have been in Duncan Hunter's situation if it weren't for the grassroots.

100% true.

Anyway... This thread did have a point (maybe?) before the attempted hijack.

So, bump.

westmich4paul
03-22-2008, 09:21 PM

Agreed! I mean they have done such a wonderful job with all that cash so far just keep giving and shove ya head back into the sand.

VoteForRonPaul
03-28-2008, 11:28 PM
Did the official campaign start in supporting the high tide ad or not yet? :confused:

AdamT
03-28-2008, 11:36 PM
Did the official campaign start in supporting the high tide ad or not yet? :confused:

I spoke to Jesse Benton's assistant yesterday and he was supposed to leave a msg with Lew Moore & Kent Snyder. No call back yet, and I don't really expect one either. That's all I know on that front.

VoteForRonPaul
03-28-2008, 11:56 PM
I spoke to Jesse Benton's assistant yesterday and he was supposed to leave a msg with Lew Moore & Kent Snyder. No call back yet, and I don't really expect one either. That's all I know on that front.
Thanks for the update Adam!

Bradley in DC
03-28-2008, 11:58 PM

Another HQ staffer on the forum? :p Their hostility towards us is legendary!

Banana
03-29-2008, 12:02 AM
Another HQ staffer on the forum? :p Their hostility towards us is legendary!

Bradley- Mickeys is actually one of several duplicate accounts- abe, GoPaul08 RonPaulFan and so on. They've been all banned. Just FYI.

VoteForRonPaul
03-29-2008, 12:16 AM
Bradley- Mickeys is actually one of several duplicate accounts- abe, GoPaul08 RonPaulFan and so on. They've been all banned. Just FYI.
Now I wonder when you will be banned Banana ;)

qh4dotcom
03-29-2008, 12:27 AM
The Official Campaign IS supporting The High Tide Ad....sort of....the High Tide Ad was added to Ron Paul's official Myspace page

http://www.myspace.com/ronpaul2008

Ron Paul has 130,000+ MySpace friends plus all the people that visit that page...so thousands will see the High Tide ad thanks to Ron Paul and his approval to add the High Tide Ad to his official Myspace page

VoteForRonPaul
03-29-2008, 01:56 AM
The Official Campaign IS Supporting The High Tide Ad....sort of....
We need this ad to be broad casted on TV and theaters in PA , adding it on my space is not going to change anything!

smartguy911
03-29-2008, 02:04 AM
well i think majority of young folks are with Obama, so I don't know if this will attract 40+ audience. I think at this stage HQ simply want supporters to focus on the delegate process.

It's possible HQ has something else planned for $5 million+ and they are waiting for the right opportunity. I am still waiting for Ron Paul to surprise me, so I can run around and tell everyone around me "I told you..i told you"..

VoteForRonPaul
03-29-2008, 02:11 AM
It's possible HQ has something else planned for $5 million+ and they are waiting for the right opportunity. I am still waiting for Ron Paul to surprise me, so I can run around and tell everyone around me "I told you..i told you"..
I am afraid this will never happen and that the story of delegates is going to be nothing but a myth which the campaign managers are using to shut our mouths.
Sad to say that what started in the dark is going to stay in the dark, unless if we do something about it!

tajitj
03-29-2008, 02:22 PM
Great question. I think even the official campaign is looking to the future. This is now. I think a million for an ad campaign in the remaining states would do great things for our movement NOW. Imagine if he could win Oregon or South Dakota, or Idaho. I mean they are overlooking the fact that a victory would force media to really look at McCain.

The left would love a Paul victory as they fight it out. It would take the pressure off them.

TwiLeXia
03-29-2008, 04:39 PM
if the campaign really isn't supporting the high tide ad, then i think that's pathetic.

i donated my money out of a strong feeling for dr. paul but it's sad to see the campaign just eat it up. as a result of this, i don't think i'm ever donating to another campaign ever again. maybe the grassroots, but definitely not the actual campaign.

Margo37
03-29-2008, 05:18 PM
This is now. I think a million for an ad campaign in the remaining states would do great things for our movement NOW.

NOW is key, we have people still thinking about jumping into this race while we had such a
powerful grassroots and now nothing from the campaign, non-existant. Time is running out on this country, it doesn't have years, not even 4 to remake a party from within or elect like minded politicians, this was THE election and time. I fear for this country.