PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul attacked on forum...

Nate SY
03-22-2008, 01:47 PM
Anybody want to help me out on this? I've posted under the same name as I do on here.

Please help me show him how it is... Thanks all.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=189&f=2204&t=1734078&sto=MS_26473992#s=189&f=2204&t=1734078

EDIT: memphisVUalum is the guy who is attacking paul.

EDIT #2: Forgot to mention the site owner is a RP supporter who has voted for him, so please don't take anything out on him.

silverhandorder
03-22-2008, 02:01 PM
its old....

Nate SY
03-22-2008, 02:02 PM
its old....

memphisVUalum's posts are from today. The issue isn't the total thread, it's the one guys attacks.

silverhandorder
03-22-2008, 02:03 PM
I see a read a bit. Well I don't have an account on that site. I'll read up on the attacks when i get home today.

SL89
03-22-2008, 02:17 PM
Nice job Nate.

Mickeys
03-23-2008, 02:22 AM
I don't like either your description of Paul's stance, or Paul's stance..

If you believe that life begins at conception, then sayingit is up the the states to decide is like saying that you feel that some states should allow someone to walk up to a man on the street and shoot him dead.

MURDER is a federal offense. Ron Paul himself has said that he believes LIFE begins at conception. Hence, ending that life is murder, and therefore subject to the same federal laws as shooting a man on the street.

Someone is playing both sides of the fence here, and I don't know if it is you or him. But there is absolutely NO ambiguity about it. Abortion is not about pro-choice, or pro-life. It is ALL about when people believe life begins. (For some that is conception, for some it is when the zygote implants, for others it is when the fetus can live outside the mother, and for others it is at birth.) And any intelligent, sane person MUST be against aborting a child at ANY point after the point that you believe that life begins. And you can't leave that up to the states any more than you can say that murder should be left to the states.

I am not going to get into when life begins. The fact of hte matter is, NO ONE knows. There is no consensus on it. But once you make a decision of what you beleive, you have to be true to that belief. And saying that life begins at conception but it is not a federal matter is NOT true to that belief.

RP4EVER
03-23-2008, 10:56 AM
So "Mister Life doesnt begin at conception" when does life begin?

runderwo
03-23-2008, 11:01 AM
MURDER is a federal offense.

And you know what's funny? If anyone read the Constitution, it shouldn't be. Read the murder statutes. They are justified by mentioning "while committing an act of interstate commerce". But we have Raich v. Gonzalez to thank for transforming any conceivable act into an act of interstate commerce. It is only through perversion of the Constitution that murder is a federal crime.

brandon
03-23-2008, 11:16 AM
So "Mister Life doesnt begin at conception" when does life begin?

on the 124th day after conception, around 6PM.

ronpaulhawaii
03-23-2008, 11:20 AM

If you believe that life begins at conception, then sayingit is up the the states to decide is like saying that you feel that some states should allow someone to walk up to a man on the street and shoot him dead.

MURDER is a federal offense. Ron Paul himself has said that he believes LIFE begins at conception. Hence, ending that life is murder, and therefore subject to the same federal laws as shooting a man on the street.

Someone is playing both sides of the fence here, and I don't know if it is you or him. But there is absolutely NO ambiguity about it. Abortion is not about pro-choice, or pro-life. It is ALL about when people believe life begins. (For some that is conception, for some it is when the zygote implants, for others it is when the fetus can live outside the mother, and for others it is at birth.) And any intelligent, sane person MUST be against aborting a child at ANY point after the point that you believe that life begins. And you can't leave that up to the states any more than you can say that murder should be left to the states.

I am not going to get into when life begins. The fact of hte matter is, NO ONE knows. There is no consensus on it. But once you make a decision of what you beleive, you have to be true to that belief. And saying that life begins at conception but it is not a federal matter is NOT true to that belief.

Murder is not a federal crime. That debate is centered around murder for hire

http://writ.news.findlaw.com/hilden/20031015.html

and actually, most states do allow someone to walk up to another on the street and kill them. That debate would center on the activities of the people in question.

http://www.lectlaw.com/def/j059.htm

HTH

ForLiberty-RonPaul
03-23-2008, 12:36 PM
I'm reading through all 18 of Mickeys' posts and finding it very entertaining. .... Also very negative.

Do you have anything positive to say about Dr. Paul Mickeys?? :)

ZzzImAsleep
03-23-2008, 01:56 PM
And saying that life begins at conception but it is not a federal matter is NOT true to that belief.

uh.......what?

coyote_sprit
03-23-2008, 02:07 PM

Ron Paul also said that it's not murder like a shot to the face it's a different kind of murder.

Nate SY
03-23-2008, 07:47 PM
Mickeys I'm not sure if you just accused me of supporting abortions or not, but if so your sorely mistaken.

It's one of the few things I really hate, but it should be left to the states. Now, the states should all outlaw it, but it should be their choice.

surf
03-23-2008, 08:02 PM
Bitter over the loss to Sienna.... people get irrational at such times.

MGreen
03-23-2008, 08:24 PM
I think Paul has explained it as: abortion is akin to murder, but it's up to the states on how to punish those involved, if at all. Murder is only prosecuted at the federal level under certain circumstances. It's nowhere near as simple as 'murder is a federal offense!', because yes, murder is generally left up to the states.

Signzit
03-23-2008, 08:43 PM

Just stop!

We're on to you; like you came here to discover about Ron Paul and his position on issues.

Spare us your protest, leave here now and go to http://www.ronpaul2008.com/issues/life-and-liberty/

After you have read all RP positions then you may return.

Please leave now. Educate yourself so you won't be made to look ignorant.
MURDER is NOT a federal offense. Life and death are state issues. Period!