PDA

View Full Version : Missouri Ron Paul Campaign Needs Legal Advice

PaulineDisciple
03-22-2008, 10:05 AM
Please read this article to get the background:

http://www.stltoday.com/blogzone/political-fix/political-fix/2008/03/ron-paul-backers-tangle-with-state-gop-over-caucus-reports/

I would like to have some advice from anyone with a legal background. The Ron Paul headquarters of Kansas City is planning on submitting an injunction for the Missouri state GOP by Tuesday morning. We would like some advice on how it should be worded.

Thank you in advance,
A Jackson County Delegate wanting to know if he is being disenfranchised
:mad:

Mr. White
03-22-2008, 11:53 AM

http://www.stltoday.com/blogzone/political-fix/political-fix/2008/03/ron-paul-backers-tangle-with-state-gop-over-caucus-reports/

I would like to have some advice from anyone with a legal background. The Ron Paul headquarters of Kansas City is planning on submitting an injunction for the Missouri state GOP by Tuesday morning. We would like some advice on how it should be worded.

Thank you in advance,

Pile some money together and hire a lawyer with election law experience...

Mickeys
03-22-2008, 12:17 PM
Pile some money together and hire a lawyer with election law experience...

By Tuesday?

I agree that this is certainly not the place to come for legal advice, but geting a lawyer to do this by Tuesday is going to cost a whole lot more money than they can raise by Tuesday. I think the question has to be asked is why did they wait so long to try to get the advice?

The Lantern
03-22-2008, 12:49 PM

Thank you in advance,

Is this an independent request or does it come through Debbie Hopper?

PaulineDisciple
03-22-2008, 01:33 PM
This is an independent request but I am in contact with the Kansas City Ron Paul HQ and since we have not heard anything from Debbie Hopper, we were going to submit our own injunction since it was our caucus that the Chairman stormed out of and we want to make sure that they are not going to use their list instead of the one that was voted on and passed with all Ron Paul delegates on them. I am also one of the delegates and want to be able to ensure that I and my fellow delegates were not disenfranchised. One of our members knows a little bit about law and we are intending on having something prepared if Debbie Hopper has not acted by Monday.