PDA

View Full Version : Paulville News! $180 per acre

Opulen
03-22-2008, 02:35 AM
We found 50 acres at a low price of $180 a acre in Texas..:)

Log in and check out West Texas Land Prospect #1 in the forums at paulville.org (http://www.paulville.org)

1 share per acre

there are 50 total shares and only 11 more shares available

Paulitical Correctness
03-22-2008, 07:10 AM
The goal of Paulville.org it to establish gated communities containing 100% Ron Paul supporters and or People that live by the ideals of freedom and liberty.

If your interested and willing to attempt to literally change the world one community at a time then please Join us if your interested.

What the fuck is this shit?

Change the world? 100% Paul-supporter communities? Sounds like cult-think to me. "Convert or die", "Join us" /insert evil grin.

As Paul supporters, we like to bitch about the neocons, the MSM, the liberals, the _______'s - but honestly, wouldn't it be dull if everyone shared exactly the same thoughts, beliefs, and opinions as you?

I'll take a world in which I walk around bitterly and angrily as the minority as opposed to living amongst clones. I can't help but get this image of the thousand robots lined up in the warehouse in I, Robot - responding to Detective Spooner, "One of us. One of us." in unison.

/rant

This is stupid.

evilfunnystuff
03-22-2008, 07:35 AM
i for one would never want to live in a GATED community or one that seeks to restrict the thought of its citizens no matter how well intentioned. that is what this whole movement is about.

however i do really like the idea of creating communities with high concentrations of ACTIVE liberty minded folks. it could really help the movement having these little clusters would be very helpfull if strategicly placed across a state.

torchbearer
03-22-2008, 07:38 AM
It would be a solution to getting the type of local government you like...
Also increases your chances of electing a like minded state rep. and makes you a good voting block for congress.
These communities are developed for political reasons not "religious cult" reasons.
Not all Ron Paul supporters are the same... in fact, we are all quit different.
One thing we do share.... we want to live unmolested by others... and this kind of community would provide that kind of political environment.
It would also help you against federal molestation too.

torchbearer
03-22-2008, 08:03 AM
//

american.swan
03-22-2008, 08:14 AM
The goal of Paulville.org it to establish gated communities containing 100% Ron Paul supporters and or People that live by the ideals of freedom and liberty.

If your interested and willing to attempt to literally change the world one community at a time then please Join us if your interested.

Change the world? 100% Paul-supporter communities? Sounds like cult-think to me. "Convert or die", "Join us" /insert evil grin.

As Paul supporters, we like to bitch about the neocons, the MSM, the liberals, the _______'s - but honestly, wouldn't it be dull if everyone shared exactly the same thoughts, beliefs, and opinions as you?

I'll take a world in which I walk around bitterly and angrily as the minority as opposed to living amongst clones. I can't help but get this image of the thousand robots lined up in the warehouse in I, Robot - responding to Detective Spooner, "One of us. One of us." in unison.

/rant

This is stupid.

I understand where your coming from, but this "gated" community idea would be good for some. Neighbors would have to understand that nothing nutty is going on behind the fence. This isn't a nudist colony or some satanic cult.

shrugged0106
03-22-2008, 08:19 AM
I wouldnt call it "Paulville" as it would only paint a cultish and anti-society/commune perception.

Name it something more in line with what it is intended. "Constitution haven" or free town, or any such item.

Focus on the ideals not a person.

torchbearer
03-22-2008, 08:21 AM
I understand where your coming from, but this "gated" community idea would be good for some. Neighbors would have to understand that nothing nutty is going on behind the fence. This isn't a nudist colony or some satanic cult.

Gated doesn't mean it has to be behind a 20 foot brick wall.

Landmark in Alexandria uses a beautiful looking water way with fountains (basically a moot)
it has one entry way via smal bridge that goes through a gated area where there is a place for a watchman to be post at night.
which i'd rather have a watchman versus neighborhood cameras.
So- their gated community is seen by all that pass...

shrugged0106
03-22-2008, 08:30 AM
Gated doesn't mean it has to be behind a 20 foot brick wall.

Landmark in Alexandria uses a beautiful looking water way with fountains (basically a moot)
it has one entry way via smal bridge that goes through a gated area where there is a place for a watchman to be post at night.
which i'd rather have a watchman versus neighborhood cameras.
So- their gated community is seen by all that pass...

Heck, I dont think Las Vegas has any non-gated communities! I've never seen such a walled fortress type of town before living there.

nc4rp
03-22-2008, 08:56 AM
$180 for a peice of property is all the reason you need to do this. teh fact that Paul supporters would be your neigbors is just bonus :D

mtmedlin
03-22-2008, 10:28 AM
Florida has so many gated communities its insane. It has nothing to do with a cult, it keeps commercial vehicles from ruining your privately paved roads and also lets the people control the rif raf coming in and out. (no trick or treaters, no Jehovas witness, no soliciting etc.)

mavtek
03-22-2008, 10:43 AM
Sorry, that is desert! Are you guys crazy? That price is average at best. Not only that but it is in the middle of nowhere! If you are willing to actually look at serious places look for acreage around Waco, Commerce, or Greenville. Much of the land around those areas is already zoned agriculture and is far more fertile and less than 30 miles from real cities that can provide services like Internet and Water, oh and JOBS! In Kemp property is listed for around $3,000 an acre and selling for $2500 per, this may sound like a fortune, but this is property that will actually support crops. Often times you can find property that already has ponds or creek access as well.

CurtisLow
03-22-2008, 12:33 PM
We should buy this as a gated community.. lol

Your $1,500,000 will get you:

• 57 acres terrain one and a half hours west of Spokane, 10 minutes from Interstate 90.
• 16 underground buildings including:
• Three 160' Tall Missile Silo.
• Three (4 story) Equipment Terminal buldings.
• Two Antenna Silos.
• 100' Diameter Control Dome.
• 125' Diameter Power Dome.

The purchase conditions are $300,000 down payment, 7% interest payments in three years, skip the middle man! Step right up, folks! Step right up.

The cost to build this is well over 500 Million.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://gizmodo.com/assets/resources/2007/09/Picture%252074.png&imgrefurl=http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/atomic-fun/titan-nuclear-missile-base-for-sale-icbms-not-included-303255.php&h=523&w=698&sz=610&hl=en&start=12&um=1&tbnid=_07tSmxpciwNQM:&tbnh=104&tbnw=139&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dfor%2Bsale%2Bwar%2Bbunkers%26um%3D1%2 6hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26channel%3Ds%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26sa%3DX

OferNave
03-22-2008, 12:54 PM
Isn't that sort of the point of this?

http://freestateproject.org/

And if you want a specific town, a bunch of people have settled in Grafton, and are doing well in local politics.

DeadtoSin
03-22-2008, 01:28 PM
Sorry, that is desert! Are you guys crazy? That price is average at best. Not only that but it is in the middle of nowhere! If you are willing to actually look at serious places look for acreage around Waco, Commerce, or Greenville. Much of the land around those areas is already zoned agriculture and is far more fertile and less than 30 miles from real cities that can provide services like Internet and Water, oh and JOBS! In Kemp property is listed for around $3,000 an acre and selling for $2500 per, this may sound like a fortune, but this is property that will actually support crops. Often times you can find property that already has ponds or creek access as well.

Mavtek is right, it would be a bit more expensive. I think that it might be more expensive in Kemp county than it is around the Greenville/Commece area. I live out near Greenville and Commerce. There are places that you can drive for 10 minutes and not see a house. I'm not sure how it is zoned, but I can't see most of it being a problem.

Opulen, if you are completely set on having it in that area, then I certainly understand. I'm not sure how much, if any, money you have put into the project already. If you would like me to give you the acreage price on different tracts of land around the Greenville/Commerce/Sherman area I'd be glad to. I picked these areas because they were suggested to me, not because I live near them. (Even though I do.) Also, I gave those areas that Mavtek suggested some thought because the Greenville/Commerce area has a lot of potential for growth. A lot of people are moving out of the DFW area and coming that direction. So if you'd like I can get you some info, but let me know either way.

EastWindRain
03-22-2008, 03:44 PM
This idea has merit. There is strength in numbers. :)

Soccrmastr
03-22-2008, 03:49 PM
You guys are retarded. The Paulville idea is really good, creating communities of like minded people who can all be close together to get things done and participate in local government. There are a bunch of organizations like this, like the free state project which ron paul endorsed, and the liberty island project started by members of this forum.

mavtek
03-22-2008, 04:02 PM
You guys are retarded. The Paulville idea is really good, creating communities of like minded people who can all be close together to get things done and participate in local government. There are a bunch of organizations like this, like the free state project which ron paul endorsed, and the liberty island project started by members of this forum.

I got no problem with the idea, but the land they are suggesting is in BFE and it's desert. Not exactly the best case scenario for people looking to be self sufficient.

RonPaulFanInGA
03-22-2008, 04:54 PM
The gated community of 100% Ron Paul supporters I really like.

The name "Paulville" I don't. Call it something involving a or a combination of the words: revolution, freedom, liberty or constitution.

LibertiORDeth
03-22-2008, 05:00 PM

/rant

This is stupid.

www.libertyisland.tk would work much better.

Mr. White
03-22-2008, 05:59 PM
One of us... One of us... One of us...

FreeTraveler
03-22-2008, 06:24 PM
www.libertyisland.tk (http://www.libertyisland.tk) would work much better.

What does a forum have to do with this subject? Why are you spamming thread after thread with links to your forum? Stop, please!

Post reported to Mods.

flames2dust77
03-22-2008, 06:44 PM
Dell city, TX? omg....I grew up about 150 miles from there...trust me...you don't want to live there. It's horrid.

LibertiORDeth
03-22-2008, 06:51 PM
What does a forum have to do with this subject? Why are you spamming thread after thread with links to your forum? Stop, please!

Post reported to Mods.

Sorry, but we need members :p

d03boy
03-22-2008, 06:57 PM
they'll just redirect NAFTA superhighway through the property :P

RonPaulFanInGA
03-22-2008, 07:09 PM
I like the idea. Just hope the current location isn't too bad (hot) a place.

JosephTheLibertarian
03-22-2008, 07:28 PM
I would have to build my own house or what?

mavtek
03-22-2008, 07:31 PM

Apparently Wonkette can't find shit to write about......

steve005
03-22-2008, 07:33 PM
they dont have to put the gate up, I like the idea other than the gate, I want to live with like minded people, not these idiots that to call sheep would be an insult to sheep

steve005
03-22-2008, 07:34 PM
they'll just redirect NAFTA superhighway through the property :P

steve005
03-22-2008, 07:34 PM
^lolololool

Opulen
03-22-2008, 08:18 PM

You can find out more information here Paulville.org (http://www.paulville.org). Please no speculations

Opulen
03-22-2008, 08:25 PM
I would have to build my own house or what?

The people need to develop the land. Its easier to do this when the land is not a forest type

Sandra
03-22-2008, 08:33 PM
There are absolutely huge faults to this concept. The idea of land ownership and inheritence will bring down this idea, coupled with forcing the children of co-op participants to support Ron Paul in order to claim their inheritance. You must go by Texas inheritance laws, regardless, which would make this concept impossible.

FreeTraveler
03-22-2008, 09:03 PM
Sorry, but we need members :p

With that kind of attitude toward RPF and the members here, I'm not the least bit surprised. I know I won't even bother to check it out because of all the spam I've seen here by you. Good way to win friends and influence people.

Knightskye
03-22-2008, 09:28 PM
Round all the Paul supporters up and gate them in? What is this?

DaveH
03-22-2008, 09:58 PM
This sounds a lot like the communal ideas we had back in the 60s.
Only difference I see is you all don't want to be self sufficient, plus you aren't quiet as open with the buds :)

mavtek
03-23-2008, 08:56 AM
You can find out more information here Paulville.org (http://www.paulville.org). Please no speculations

No Speculation here, I'm in Texas I know what area you are talking about. That area is very much like I would imagine Hell is like. Areas around Waco, Greenville, Kemp, Ft. Worth aren't heavily wooded, but are fertile pastures that are already used for Corn, Cotton, wheat, Tomatoes, soy, and other things like melons and cabbage. The land you propose is great as a solar farm, but solar farms cost more than farms even though the land is more expensive. Not to mention the area's I propose are far more hospitable to trade and everyday life including jobs.

truelies
03-23-2008, 09:02 AM
Would be curious to see a Covenant/Contract of exactly what people are signing up to regarding their dealings/obligations in regard to other members of the community.

truelies
03-23-2008, 09:05 AM
There are absolutely huge faults to this concept. The idea of land ownership and inheritence will bring down this idea, coupled with forcing the children of co-op participants to support Ron Paul in order to claim their inheritance. You must go by Texas inheritance laws, regardless, which would make this concept impossible.

depends on how the Covenant is written.

JosephTheLibertarian
03-23-2008, 09:09 AM
How about we live on a commune?

Corydoras
03-23-2008, 09:20 AM
Home prices are dropping across the country and there are entire blocks in foreclosure in some cities and people want to homestead in the desert instead of taking over a neighborhood?

JosephTheLibertarian
03-23-2008, 09:23 AM
Home prices are dropping across the country and there are entire blocks in foreclosure in some cities and people want to homestead in the desert instead of taking over a neighborhood?

Well, didn't the jews make the desert a paradise? or was it US tax money? lol

james1906
03-23-2008, 01:59 PM
Anyone driven through west Texas? There's nothing there!

newyearsrevolution08
03-23-2008, 02:12 PM
"Freedom Valley, Tx" - that sounds nice I think

truelies
03-23-2008, 04:08 PM

an interesting concept. how would you handle the remaining non-libertarian folk scattered among you?.........and deal with the city government

Also there would be the advantage of an existing urban econonmy to plug into.

TruthAtLast
03-23-2008, 04:35 PM
Heck, I dont think Las Vegas has any non-gated communities! I've never seen such a walled fortress type of town before living there.

that's true. i'm in southern California and there are thousands of gated communities and I've lived in several. That's the norm for me.

I have mixed feelings about this particular community. I can see Brent's point about having political influence in an area that is overwhelmingly pro freedom. I would actually enjoy living in such a place. However, if our goal is to spread the message of Freedom and convert others across the country, it probably isn't the best idea to herd all of us up into a single place. It makes spreading our message a little harder. (it also makes it easier for the Government to come after us).

Maybe if there were hundreds of these communities developed in strategic areas where the cumulative effect could gain us more control in Congress, that would be a good master strategy. But if that is the case, we wouldn't necessarily have to create new communities, we could just take over existing ones.

I also wonder about the sustainability and legality of it. Let's say someone wants to sell their house or they die and have their heirs take over ownership... could non-freedom people begin to infiltrate the community? In real estate there is something called "steering" which is against Fair Housing laws. For instance, if a client was gay, as a real estate agent you can't "steer" the client to an area that has a higher percentage of gays. I'm sure this would also be the case with political affiliation.

Just something to think about.

Corydoras
03-23-2008, 05:00 PM
an interesting concept. how would you handle the remaining non-libertarian folk scattered among you?.........and deal with the city government

It's like when an ethnic group moves into a neighborhood and becomes the majority. The people who were there from before just have to deal with it.

As for the city government, it totally depends on where the neighborhood is.

Corydoras
03-23-2008, 05:06 PM
In real estate there is something called "steering" which is against Fair Housing laws. For instance, if a client was gay, as a real estate agent you can't "steer" the client to an area that has a higher percentage of gays. I'm sure this would also be the case with political affiliation.

The agent can't steer a client, but the agent and/or the owner can certainly place ads in freedom-oriented publications and websites. The owner doesn't have to list the property with every agent in a fifty-mile radius, just with an agent who agrees to advertise it to liberty-loving people.

And there's nothing against a client asking to see properties in a certain neighborhood. That's how ethnic or gay neighborhoods arise. So freedom-minded people will know to ask to see available properties near the intersection of X Street and Y Avenue.

Luft97
03-23-2008, 05:33 PM
I think this is a great Idea. I myself have a nice large plot of land in north east Texas I am in the process of relocating to. Many here think that the S isn't going to HTF, but for those that do I think that a SMALL community like this willing to help each other sounds like a great option for those looking to get out of the cities, that will ultimately be a death trap. If I did not already own my own land I would give this some serious thought. Good luck with your endeavours.

RonPaulVolunteer
03-23-2008, 05:36 PM
Please post a link to a Google map of the area.
Does it have roads, water, sewerage, electricity, gas.
For $180 it sure does not sound like it.

Luft97
03-23-2008, 05:39 PM
Please post a link to a Google map of the area.
Does it have roads, water, sewerage, electricity, gas.
For $180 it sure does not sound like it.

Just put the GPS coordinates from the website into google maps and zoom out you will see where it is.

JulioForPaul
03-23-2008, 05:44 PM
West Texas is maybe one of the most unihabitable areas in the country. If you cut the state in half the eastern portion contains 20+ million and the western portion is populated by nobody.

Land in West Texas also is virtually worthless. You can pick it up for 50 dollars and acre or less, because there is nothing out there. No roads, water, electricity. Nothing.

VaderM5
03-23-2008, 06:30 PM
I like this idea, only I'd prefer it to happen on the coastal side of the state.

e-ville
03-23-2008, 11:08 PM
This is a experiment, and in one location in particular thats attractive to some but not others, many of these could spring up all over the USA in different locations.

The Gated term does not mean gates or fences.. most gated communities don't have gates nor even fences.

Where can you go in this country that has 100% "like minded" individuals of the freedom and liberty mindset... no where.. unless you start one.. This is the start of one.

Yes it's undeveloped land, no city sewer, no city water, etc.. however those things, if you know anything about rural lifestyle, you simply provide for your self. a.k.a. a well and a septic system, as for power and internet and all those other things, you can get them any where with out even being connected to any wires.. Let's take internet.. satellite or cell phone based work great, power in this area can be solar as its very very good there in the southwest, and wind is also very viable. Not to mention there is grid power in the area if wanted... Personally, why shell out 100+ a month to the grid, when you can make a up front investment and get it for free.

The goals of this particular "Paulville" (the name is just a name for the idea), was for remote off grid, leaning persons that don't want the hussle and bussle of the city life and want to get away from it. This provides that for the participants.

Being Paul supporters, we come from many different walks of life, but most are well informed and when I hear people that don't have a clue of how rural America lives. It kind of amazed me that even some Paul supporters are very closed minded.

This isn't about a location or a lifestyle, it's about like minded people getting together in the understanding that everyone should be free to lead there life the way they want to.. and to work to that end. It's yet one more step to a better future.

The idea is not communes, cults, or nudest colonies. It's just a bunch of like minded people living in the same location, to help each other, and to be good neighbors to each other. Some joined just for cheap southwest vacation land in the sun, some as a long term investment, some for full time living.

At this point it doesn't matter the opportunity is gone for this location, all 50 slots have been filled and land purchase has begun.

It's a experiment in freedom and liberty, it may work, it may fail.. but let them not say we didn't try.

mavtek
03-24-2008, 01:07 AM
Wow good luck to you E-ville!

I can't say I agree with you on your selection of location, buy I certainly respect your attempt. Some words of advice, West Texas is not exactly suited for wells, did you ask about aquifers prior to purchase(water table info should be somewhere)? Wind power is cheaper than Solar, but for that area Solar might be more effective. While I won't stipulate what you plan to do for money may I suggest in that area if you can find a creek or pond Aloe and Sweet potatoes can be grown. This would help supplement your income and diet. As a community you may want to open a small market to house goods.

FYI cell coverage in that area is not 3G so internet isn't what I'd call available, satellite while not quite a nightmare I'd just assume have dial up for the price. To save cost look into both premanufactured housing and solar systems.

Oh and Good Luck!

Danny Molina
03-24-2008, 03:40 PM
West Texas? Might as well be in Mexico.

SteveMartin
03-24-2008, 04:00 PM
Northern Maine. Lots of land for $200 an acre, and with access to water/electric/jobs (some), etc.

OptionsTrader
03-24-2008, 04:02 PM
This smells like a scam.

Who is making money off of this idea?

mavtek
03-24-2008, 04:05 PM
Northern Maine. Lots of land for $200 an acre, and with access to water/electric/jobs (some), etc.

Huhm, how bad is the winter there? Cheap land is great, but I'm not against paying $3k an acre for good cheap land.

CurtisLow
03-24-2008, 05:56 PM

I was looking into it to... Like 150 Acres with a 4 acre pond for 70k

But it would have to be a group of people. I could not live there all by myself.

To lonely.. :eek:

LongWong/island

Huhm, how bad is the winter there?
Very cold ! -0 temps and a lot of snow.

CurtisLow
03-24-2008, 06:01 PM
This smells like a scam.

I at least like to see 1000 posts and then I'm still skeptical.

My lawyer once told me. " I would not buy a ten cent property without having a deed search done. Your just asking for trouble."

TruthAtLast
03-24-2008, 06:46 PM
Huhm, how bad is the winter there? Cheap land is great, but I'm not against paying $3k an acre for good cheap land.

my thought exactly.

Joseph Hart
03-24-2008, 06:48 PM
LOL, the http://paulville2008.myminicity.com/ was more entertaining :P
Unemployment up to 38%! It because we gave up on our currently life, to the campaign.

yixil
04-01-2008, 12:30 AM
Make sure it's not in the extraterritorial jurisdiction of Dell City. Wouldn't want to be forcibly annexed.

Conza88
04-01-2008, 12:34 AM

Hahah @ Waco. That just brings up bad images for me, right there.

JDouglasFisher
04-01-2008, 01:02 AM
Hey Look,

If the Israelis can take desert and turn it into farmland, we can do it to.

I personally think you should get away from being a gated community and become a legitimate municipality, but thats just my thoughts.

Still, I am not worried for the folks moving out there. With all the technology we have, it could theoretically be the most inhospitable place in the United States, AND STILL be turned into a wonderful town.

Don't let the naysayers get you down. They're just upset cause they didn't think of it first.

J.

Mckarnin
04-01-2008, 01:14 AM

Log in and check out West Texas Land Prospect #1 in the forums at paulville.org (http://www.paulville.org)

1 share per acre

If you really want a community with resources, shops, etc...then you may want to look into new urbanism...of course you'd have to do things a little differently if people want land to farm on but it is a cool model...http://www.newurbannews.com/

Mckarnin
04-01-2008, 01:23 AM
Finally a way to get some that value for our taxpayer dollars...I wonder if you could make a 6 story apartment building out of a silo... :-)

We should buy this as a gated community.. lol

Your $1,500,000 will get you:

• 57 acres terrain one and a half hours west of Spokane, 10 minutes from Interstate 90.
• 16 underground buildings including:
• Three 160' Tall Missile Silo.
• Three (4 story) Equipment Terminal buldings.
• Two Antenna Silos.
• 100' Diameter Control Dome.
• 125' Diameter Power Dome.

The purchase conditions are $300,000 down payment, 7% interest payments in three years, skip the middle man! Step right up, folks! Step right up.

The cost to build this is well over 500 Million.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://gizmodo.com/assets/resources/2007/09/Picture%252074.png&imgrefurl=http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/atomic-fun/titan-nuclear-missile-base-for-sale-icbms-not-included-303255.php&h=523&w=698&sz=610&hl=en&start=12&um=1&tbnid=_07tSmxpciwNQM:&tbnh=104&tbnw=139&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dfor%2Bsale%2Bwar%2Bbunkers%26um%3D1%2 6hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26channel%3Ds%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26sa%3DX

Sandra
04-01-2008, 07:57 AM
Hey Look,

If the Israelis can take desert and turn it into farmland, we can do it to.

I personally think you should get away from being a gated community and become a legitimate municipality, but thats just my thoughts.

Still, I am not worried for the folks moving out there. With all the technology we have, it could theoretically be the most inhospitable place in the United States, AND STILL be turned into a wonderful town.

Don't let the naysayers get you down. They're just upset cause they didn't think of it first.

J.

Most of it went back to desert unfortunately. The currently "blooming" parts were always that way.

Todd
04-01-2008, 08:29 AM
Gated community?
Man...this is not what all of this is about. And we wonder why people are calling us whackos.

jake
04-01-2008, 08:42 AM
agreed. a gated community.. that's just so wrong.

orlandoinfl
04-01-2008, 08:54 AM
yeah, just like protecting the southern border is also a bad idea.

cnaw
04-01-2008, 09:07 AM
This smells like a scam.

Probobly not a scam. The price is probably for the land and not for the mining/mineral rights. So if oil is discovered in the area, you can expect a well to pop up in your backyard, with little to no recourse on your end to stop it.

weslinder
04-01-2008, 09:08 AM
I've been to Dell City, Texas before. Unless there is a run on salt, that land is worthless. I certainly understand that $180/acre is a bargain anywhere, but you couldn't pay me enough to actually move there. (Maybe I'll buy a lot and rent it to someone else.) Anyone wants to move out there, let me know. I'll buy a lot and rent it to you for $10/year.

JosephTheLibertarian
04-01-2008, 09:42 AM
Gated community?
Man...this is not what all of this is about. And we wonder why people are calling us whackos.

Living in a gated community is a whacko idea? Interesting.

RPTXState
04-01-2008, 10:06 AM
No.

Just...no. We need to be spreading our message throughout the United States, not locking ourselves up in an isolated community.

revolutionman
04-01-2008, 10:26 AM
Isolating ourselves in islands and gated communities is not what the Revolution is about. The revolution is about protecting our rights and not having a slothful gluttonous government dictating every aspect of our lives.

we want to put ourselves out there for the world to see, not lock ourselves away.

Everyone is gonna rebel in their own way, but i think its important to keep the big picture in mind. This is about restoring the US Constitution as the supreme law of the land, holding our elected officials responsible for not upholding the Constitution.

Tarzan
04-01-2008, 12:32 PM
I've been to Dell City, Texas before. Unless there is a run on salt, that land is worthless. I certainly understand that $180/acre is a bargain anywhere, but you couldn't pay me enough to actually move there. (Maybe I'll buy a lot and rent it to someone else.) Anyone wants to move out there, let me know. I'll buy a lot and rent it to you for $10/year.

I think we can make this work... we are just missing the right logo.
Some snappy graphics could overcome all of the problems.
Here are some ideas:

http://gilbert-american.com/ronpaul/dellcity2.jpg

http://gilbert-american.com/ronpaul/dellcity1.jpg

http://gilbert-american.com/ronpaul/dellcity3.jpg

H Roark
04-01-2008, 12:54 PM
This isn't a bad idea, its like the Free State Project (and we know how effective that was :rolleyes:) only more concentrated. It sure is better than the Liberty Island idea. At least its still in the United States.

Also to the detractors that feel its scary to be surrounded by clones, just stick around in this forum long enough and see how different we RP supporters all are. We're individuals. You want to talk about clones?! Just live in a big city, mass media homogenizes all.

Gated communities sound confining, but here in So Cali the better neighborhoods are usually gated. I see it as more of a security measure than anything else. Personally I don't like it, but hey whatever.

Mckarnin
04-01-2008, 01:32 PM
I think we can make this work... we are just missing the right logo.
Some snappy graphics could overcome all of the problems.
Here are some ideas:

http://gilbert-american.com/ronpaul/dellcity2.jpg

http://gilbert-american.com/ronpaul/dellcity1.jpg

http://gilbert-american.com/ronpaul/dellcity3.jpg

Glad to see you putting your graphic design skills to use....those are very funny

Roxi
04-01-2008, 01:49 PM
i don't mind west texas.... and im totally down for something thats NOT on the coast... everything seems to happen on the coast, which means broke people like me can't go/participate

(don't get me wrong both of the coasts are my top choice but too expensive and far away from family) its just not feasible for a lot of us to just pack up and move 2,000 miles away but a couple hundred miles i could totally go for...

i do know some of the acreage in KS goes for about $140 an acre as well

OH also

on the paulville.org site i found a typo
These communities are not for the faint at heard they will start as undeveloped land in non city locals, as this is the way to secure large tracts of land needed for these efforts.

just lettin ya know!

FSP-Rebel
04-01-2008, 02:05 PM
This isn't a bad idea, its like the Free State Project (and we know how effective that was :rolleyes:) only more concentrated. What people fail to realize about the Free State Project is that it's still in its infancy. Only about 500 people have moved there so far. You can't expect much too soon. But, the early mover folks have stopped the implementation of a state income and/or sales tax, they've preserved their right to carry guns in the state house/senate, they have a state law prohibiting Real ID compliance, they've killed a proposed seat belt law, they've helped loosen homeschooling laws and other things I'm missing. The MSM has no manipulation affect on a local/state level like they do over the Presidential Race.
The key to their early successes (which makes you wonder how much more effective they'll be with a few hundred/thousand more) is the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance (www.nhliberty.org) which is a liberty political activist org that reviews every bill before the legislature and gives annual ratings to all legislators as far as how pro-liberty they are--and this is all on a statewide basis. The NHLA also makes calls to action in which numerous folks show up to the state house from all around to testify for or against certain bills. They have many state reps as members (both dems and repubs), who do their bidding for them. Point is, no other state has an a org that is this effective with a small activist pool, who according to some people, are a joke--hence my response. Good luck with Paulville, though. You got a lot of work ahead of ya.

crazyfingers
04-01-2008, 02:19 PM
words

Yeah I find it perplexing that so many people who purportedly support freedom are so quick to lash out at those who are actually fighting to achieve it. The FSP is the most practical “libertarian” endeavor I’ve ever seen and I can’t wait to be a part of it (hopefully within 6 months or so, depending on the employment situation).

By the way, Paul did better in NH than he did in any other primary, which are a much better indication of true levels of support than caucuses.

Kalifornia
04-02-2008, 03:36 PM
There are many places that are far superior to West Texas if you want to buy a large piece of property cheaply and subdivide it as a 'gated community'. East Texas is far better than west Texas. Most of Oklahoma is better, Half of Missouri, and Half of Arkansas are better. Most of Northern Louisiana is better. Much of Eastern Montana and a huge part of South Dakota are better.

In a perfect world, you would be within a half hour of a major city so that people can hold jobs while they build their self sustaining vision. DFW is a great option, so is Billings, Sioux City, Kansas City, MO, Springfield, MO, OKC, etc...

Land that is 1000-2000 dollars an acre but has sufficient rainfall to grow crops, trees, and sustain livestock is vastly superior to land at 180 an acre that is good for nothing but sitting on and importing the necessities of life.

Kalifornia
04-02-2008, 03:40 PM
What people fail to realize about the Free State Project is that it's still in its infancy.... ...Good luck with Paulville, though. You got a lot of work ahead of ya.

I agree that the NH FSP is making progress, Im just not sure that they will ultimately be successful, and I find myself hating the intolerance and abrasiveness of many FSP activists. As for me, my wife would rather sever a limb than move to New England, so I will sit where I am for a while. I do see a relocation to the NW, MO or TX in my future, though.

JosephTheLibertarian
04-02-2008, 06:48 PM
Yeah I find it perplexing that so many people who purportedly support freedom are so quick to lash out at those who are actually fighting to achieve it. The FSP is the most practical “libertarian” endeavor I’ve ever seen and I can’t wait to be a part of it (hopefully within 6 months or so, depending on the employment situation).

By the way, Paul did better in NH than he did in any other primary, which are a much better indication of true levels of support than caucuses.

Uh, no. Ron Paul did his best in Montana.

revolutionman
04-02-2008, 08:38 PM
flights of fancy...

Whats the point of a libertarian gated community?? its still subject to state and federal law dictated to the people by the democrats and republicans who serve as the mouthpiece for the money men.

Also, ever heard the phrase dont put all your eggs in one basket??

the government will accuse you of being radical sepratists and the people will believe them and stand idle while they lay you all to waste like the Branch Davidians.

Much better to stay embedded in large communities with mixed political affiliation, and slowly grow our ranks. recession is certain, depression is possible, government blunders and corporate abuse are inevitable. Every time the establishment fails a citizen, we should be near by to offer kind words of encouragement, and reinforce the old American ideals that have been so long forgotten they seem new and foreign. Sepratism and isolationism will just reinforce the public misconception that we are all fucking idealistic crazies, with no grasp of reality. We know thats not the case, but they generally beleive what they are told to believe. if media misinformation is coupled with crappy decisions tied to our movement, it will just reinforce the misinformation.

JosephTheLibertarian
04-02-2008, 08:44 PM
I'd like to live on a commie commune lol. When I say that, it surprises people. But I do support voluntary socialism :p

crazyfingers
04-02-2008, 09:21 PM

I said he did better than any other primary. Montana was a caucus...not exactly the best indication of popular support.

LibertiORDeth
04-02-2008, 09:27 PM
With that kind of attitude toward RPF and the members here, I'm not the least bit surprised. I know I won't even bother to check it out because of all the spam I've seen here by you. Good way to win friends and influence people.

I have confined nearly all the posts relating to it in their respective topics.

bojo68
04-08-2008, 06:38 AM
Anyone driven through west Texas? There's nothing there!

They had 1200$ speeding tickets there 20~30 yrs ago...

tmosley
04-08-2008, 10:25 AM
Just FYI, if the land is that cheap there, that means there is no water, not municipal, not in the ground, and certainly not on the surface. You are going to have to import water if you want to live there. I think that place is actually right next door to the most sparsely populated county in the United States. I myself had eyed that place as a possible location for a giant, highly isolated ranch so I could retire away from civilization. The water thing swayed me against it, though.

If you could find someplace that has a salt water aquifer or otherwise access to salty or polluted water for cheap, I have access to bleeding edge water filtration technology (long lasting reverse osmosis membranes--theoretically unfoulable to boot). In addition, the wind in that area is pretty strong, and probably constant. One can purchase a 5MW windmill for about 1.5 million dollars, and it will produce electricity more cheaply than grid electricity. These types are quite large, and if not maintained they can be quite deadly, but we should be able to situate it well away from a populated area and keep homes and businesses out of the range of the turbines should they come apart.

Eric21ND
04-15-2008, 02:09 PM
I would actually say North Dakota was better since he won half of our national delegates. ;)

rockandrollsouls
06-01-2008, 06:35 PM
I know this thread is near dead, but how did you guys locate the land for so cheap? What webpage did you use to find it? I was considering purchasing land, but I don't know where to start or what to use. If I could find it for as cheap as you guys did, I'd be a happy camper :D

Pauls' Revere
06-01-2008, 07:57 PM
How much weed can you grow on 50 acres?

Perry
06-01-2008, 08:30 PM

1 share per acre

I can't believe you can buy land that cheap anywhere. I have land in Alaska where there's a square mile per person and my
one humble acre is $80,000.

LibertyCzar
06-03-2008, 12:27 PM

1 share per acre

Is this anything like the FLDS? And just how influential are they on Texas policies?

newyearsrevolution08
06-03-2008, 12:42 PM
How much weed can you grow on 50 acres?

As much as I need to medicate with.:D

newyearsrevolution08
06-03-2008, 12:45 PM
I can't believe you can buy land that cheap anywhere. I have land in Alaska where there's a square mile per person and my
one humble acre is $80,000.

Over here by me, I have located 120 acres for under 200k. I think that is damn good pricing here in California myself. Look for areas that are not so "expanded" upon yet.

My plan, not a paulville style anything but rather locate a small enough city with a council and then take it over with CONSTITUTIONAL platform. At least that is my plan but we shall see how it goes.

Land is the way to go but I think this paulville should be done in all states. Just make each city a paulville by taking over the council and mayoral positions and any other office position that has any pull in how things are ran.

AgentPaul001
06-09-2008, 07:54 AM
Agreed. I think the Paulville concept is pretty cool, but I think a better course of action would be to locate existing communities where Paul Supporters / True Conservatives can move and institute change in the local governments to hopefully benefit the community as a whole. Rather then locations where Paul supporters simply "get away".

RonPaulFanInGA
09-18-2008, 03:48 AM
Is Paulville still going to happen or what? Nothing new for a while now.

newyearsrevolution08
09-18-2008, 04:01 AM
Is Paulville still going to happen or what? Nothing new for a while now.

do you have the cash for buying acres? if so then you paulville can be anywhere you want it to be buddy.

JosephTheLibertarian
09-18-2008, 04:21 AM
Which states have no property tax? I'd like to buy land.

newyearsrevolution08
09-18-2008, 04:22 AM
Which states have no property tax? I'd like to buy land.

Alaska maybe?

you can homestead there so I would start there other than that, not sure BUT happy to listen to anyone who has word on it.

I do know that IF we become city council and mayors we can make ALL cities without that bullshit whether they want it or not though

JosephTheLibertarian
09-18-2008, 04:23 AM
Alaska maybe?

you can homestead there so I would start there other than that, not sure BUT happy to listen to anyone who has word on it.

I do know that IF we become city council and mayors we can make ALL cities without that bullshit whether they want it or not though

maybe New Hampshire?

e-ville
05-19-2009, 11:20 PM
I'm a share holder in Paulville's texas property and founder of paulville.org will be going to the texas property for a much needed vacation.

The paulville projects still chugging along, slowly as expected, people can't just drop everything and move, build, and change there lifestyle.

As for West texas, I love the south west, its far more hospitable than locations like Las Vegas, Phenix etc.. We are purposely making the trip to TX in there hottest months of summer, on average the end of May and June are there warmest months of the year..

Im going to be posting photos and video ect, links will be in the west texas forums on paulville.org.

Were going there with our old travel trailer and "off griding" it for a couple weeks.. Should be enlightening and entertaining..

So if you want to learn a bit more, or just be entertained, were leaving early on Saturday the 23rd, 2009 and will be posting updates photos and video as often as possible while driving.. then once were established on the property check out the local area and extended area while were they and post our findings.

Look for links on the Paulville forums if your interested.

Imperial
05-21-2009, 01:54 PM
I was wondering what happened with this.

angelatc
05-21-2009, 01:57 PM
I was wondering what happened with this.

I copied this from their forum:
here are some preliminary links for the trip, were leaving Saturday morning early AM, thats the 23rd of may 2009.

So watch these places.. this is where updates will be made:

Photos
http://picasaweb.google.com/Texaspaulville/WestTexasTripMay2009#5337380319915813042

Video
http://www.youtube.com/user/texaspaulville

Broadcast video and chat
http://www.ustream.tv/texaspaulville
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/West-Texas-Visit

I put together a fairly funny video that is rendering now about how "crazy" our trip to texas will be.. it will be on the youtube channel in a few hours..
http://paulville.org/forums.html

heavenlyboy34
05-21-2009, 04:03 PM
Nice idea, but I'd prefer to get out of the desert. I've lived here for years and want OUT!

satchelmcqueen
05-21-2009, 05:49 PM
if i didnt have kids and a wife to convince to move, ild be there right now.

max
05-21-2009, 05:56 PM
What wrong with all of us being ideological clones if the ideology is correct?

Freedom works. End of discussion.

RonPaulFanInGA
05-21-2009, 06:47 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paulville,_Texas

It's been a while. Where is this freedom town already?

anaconda
05-21-2009, 06:58 PM

/rant

This is stupid.

I disagree about the society at large. Just because we all believed in civil liberties and free markets would not make for a boring community. We would all be free to unleash our creativity and individualism. The only thing that we would have in common is that we wouldn't have to waste all of our damn time fighting for freedom. We could just go back to being "vigilant." It would actually make for a more diverse and dynamic society. We would be the opposite of "clones." Please remember that if we win this battle for our freedom, we will no longer be outsiders or revolutionaries. We are hoping that the freedom platform becomes widespread, main stream, and, if necessary, an eventual afterthought that will be boring compared to the robust flair of individualism (or teamwork if we choose) and diverse creativity.

On the other hand, the Paulsville sounds a little strange because because it can't really be free amidst the current status quo. It would be like some form of retreat. The last thing we need now is to retreat. Truth is on our side and we need to mix with others to continue to educate and make converts.

tonesforjonesbones
05-21-2009, 09:12 PM
I want to know why , if you paid 180 bucks per acre..why are you charging people 500 dollars per "share" ..in other words....you can never own the land...you just own shares...now, I got caught up in that "share" business a few years ago..and the banks dont' like to loan money based on "shares"...gotta actually own the lot. I'd like to do it...but I'm not diggin on the share business. tones

speciallyblend
05-22-2009, 12:59 PM
hoa free right??