PDA

View Full Version : Hell Freezing Over: College Students for... McCain?!?!!

AJ Antimony
03-21-2008, 11:30 PM
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/03/21/MNDCVK1JO.DTL&tsp=1

Bryan DeWinter spent his summer vacation in Israel, speaking with convicted terrorists at a maximum-security prison and venturing to the Syrian and Lebanese borders, where signs of the 2006 war with Hezbollah still remained. In Washington, D.C., he spent winter break meeting with Department of Homeland Security officials, analyzing government tactics to quell terrorist activities.

Although young Democrats have dominated the spotlight this presidential election, helping to swell the ranks of new voters, college Republicans like DeWinter are just as impassioned about the 2008 presidential campaign. But instead of demanding a change of course from the Bush administration's policies, young Republicans remain adamant that the threat of terrorism is still the country's No. 1 priority.

"It is what compelled me to support Rudy Giuliani, initially," said DeWinter, 21, chair of the San Jose State University College Republicans. "I am now happy to support Sen. John McCain, as he is our nominee, and I believe that he is the best candidate out there to continue to combat international terrorism."

The Bay Area is home to 1,700 College Republicans, according to the umbrella organization California College Republicans. It is a sizable group, given the strong liberal bent of the San Francisco region, and the students are often fiery and vocal activists. They are charged with the party's grunt work: registering voters, walking precincts, organizing grassroots campaigns and raising money.

This month, local college conservatives began to abandon other candidates and coalesce, sometimes reluctantly, around McCain, the presumptive Republican nominee.

"While the Democrats battle it out into June, we're getting people excited about our nominee," said Michael Antonopoulos, 20, the Bay Area vice chair of California College Republicans and a student at St. Mary's. "McCain has made huge sacrifices for our country and every day he looks more presidential."

There's more in the link. Sometimes I wish I was dumber so stupidity like this wouldn't bother me...

Nirvikalpa
03-21-2008, 11:33 PM
They make college students look bad.

"I am now happy to support Sen. John McCain, as he is our nominee"

Congrats, I hope you're as happy and excited to still support him when he drafts you to fight in Iran. Idiots.

smartguy911
03-22-2008, 12:17 AM

Congrats, I hope you're as happy and excited to still support him when he drafts you to fight in Iran. Idiots.

since he is soo concerned, DeWinter should volunetter to be the 1st one to get drafted.

ClockwiseSpark
03-22-2008, 01:29 AM
Bryan DeWinter spent his summer vacation in Israel...

I think that says all that needs to be said.

sophocles07
03-22-2008, 01:40 AM
McCain has made huge sacrifices for our country and every day he looks more presidential.
This kind of sentence makes me FUCKING ANGRY.

I think college students in general do this though; I've seen many around Obama tables around campus for the past few weeks. It's pathetic.

Bryan DeWinter spent his summer vacation in Israel...

I think that says all that needs to be said.
SERIOUSLY.

soapmistress
03-22-2008, 01:57 AM
I think I just found my perfect signature if you don't mind, S.

sophocles07
03-22-2008, 02:19 AM
\I think I just found my perfect signature if you don't mind, S.

Yeah we be rockin

Mickeys
03-22-2008, 03:03 AM
A person should NEVEr call themselves intelligent, or act like they are more intelligent than the average person. Why? Because people are ARe never do that. So...anyone that DOES is clearly not

amy31416
03-22-2008, 04:09 AM
A person should NEVEr call themselves intelligent, or act like they are more intelligent than the average person. Why? Because people are ARe never do that. So...anyone that DOES is clearly not

People ARe never do that. Wow, I think I may have found a new sig.

szczebrzeszyn
03-22-2008, 05:15 AM

:D

Meatwasp
03-22-2008, 06:03 AM

The trouble is they will hide in college so they won't be drafted like what happened in Vietnam.

Ozwest
03-22-2008, 06:15 AM

Fu*%k your nominee. Fu#k all the nominees.

As per-usual, you wankers vote for second, or third best...

God Bless America.

AJ Antimony
03-22-2008, 10:41 AM
The trouble is they will hide in college so they won't be drafted like what happened in Vietnam.

So you'd think, but I know people who voted McCain and who would never dodge a draft because of their "duty for their country."

jrskblx125
03-22-2008, 10:50 AM
its funny because on facebook ron paul is at 33%, obama at 28%, clinton at 20%, and mccain at 14%.... so all college kids arent stupid haha... i know im not!

TruthAtLast
03-22-2008, 11:07 AM

ummm, did you mean "Because people who are, never do that."

Actually, there are very intelligent people who DO call themselves intelligent. :D

They may not be humble about it but that doesn't make them any less intelligent. It just might make them a little arrogant.

But ignorance isn't always a sign of stupidity. Some extremely intelligent people are simply misinformed. I think most Ron Paul supporters would like to think that if everyone in the country were just given unbiased information on how our Government runs and how these policies affect their lives and the world, they would be intelligent enough to listen and come to the correct decision on their own.

The problem is that many people don't care, many more wont listen, and still more are so stubborn that they would never admit they were wrong.

Feelgood
03-22-2008, 04:00 PM
Perhaps we should setup what appears to be pro-McCain booths at these colleges. When the students approach, hand them a form to fill out to volunteer for the draft. When they freak out, explain to them this is what is coming with McInsane in the White House.

And yes, I know you dont "volunteer for the draft" it is just there to make a point. :)

amy31416
03-23-2008, 06:13 AM
its funny because on facebook ron paul is at 33%, obama at 28%, clinton at 20%, and mccain at 14%.... so all college kids arent stupid haha... i know im not!

It's certain that all college students are not stupid, I just wish you'd freakin' vote in the real world rather than just online. :)

angelatc
03-23-2008, 08:23 AM
Why? Because people are ARe never do that.

Amy, you missed a word.

angelatc
03-23-2008, 08:24 AM
Perhaps we should setup what appears to be pro-McCain booths at these colleges. When the students approach, hand them a form to fill out to volunteer for the draft. When they freak out, explain to them this is what is coming with McInsane in the White House.

And yes, I know you dont "volunteer for the draft" it is just there to make a point. :)

The draft is coming even if a Democrat wins.

AJ Antimony
03-23-2008, 12:09 PM
The draft is coming even if a Democrat wins.

Good! Sooo many people will protest and dodge

2orb
03-23-2008, 12:19 PM
It's certain that all college students are not stupid, I just wish you'd freakin' vote in the real world rather than just online. :)

+1000

LEK
03-23-2008, 12:36 PM

They want to become war heroes like their war hero.

What they need to do is talk to some of the soldiers back from Iraq.

Remember this kid:
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/c/a/2006/01/29/MNGMHGVCEV1.DTL

Where's the government now?

Akus
03-23-2008, 02:06 PM
well just like Obama followers are cultists, so are McCain followers, but I'm sure McCain follower/Obama follower ratio is 1/10. I just do not see how McCain can beat Obama, should he become a nominee....