PDA

View Full Version : Bush surpasses all Presidents in Vacation Days 1.5 years worth

Ex Post Facto
03-21-2008, 06:05 PM
http://media.www.csucauldron.com/media/storage/paper516/news/2008/03/17/TheMeltingPot/Bush-Sets.Presidential.Record-3272145.shtml

That's right. George W. Bush has surpassed all past U.S. presidents in (drum-roll, please)… number of vacation days! According to CBS Radio News correspondent Mark Knoller, Bush surpassed the previous record of 436 days by Ronald Regan when he made his 70th trip to Crawford, Texas this February. 452 days and counting - that's close to 1 1/3 years. A remarkable feat, considering all the domestic and international crises he's had to deal with. Between 9/11 and the ensuing 'war on terror', Hurricane Katrina, gas and food prices and the recent epidemic of foreclosures sweeping the nation, one might assume our president should be busy at work.

Of course, upon further examination it all makes sense. The war in Iraq has been called one of the biggest foreign policy disasters in American history - and it's certainly been the most expensive. The federal government failed its citizens miserably in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, and there is strong evidence that they ignored dire warnings in the months leading up to it. Superficial efforts to stem the foreclosure crisis have done little to help the millions of hardworking Americans in danger of losing their homes. Food prices have skyrocketed. Gas is likely to reach $4 per gallon by late spring.

Meanwhile, Exxon Mobile is posting record profits in the billions and the CEOs of shady lending companies like Countrywide are leaving their companies with cushy retirement packages in the hundreds of millions - while our government touts 'voluntary' measures to help those at risk of foreclosure. No-bid contracts are being awarded in Iraq and coffers are being filled. And as we watch with increased frustration, powerless to stop it all, we wonder if this is all purely circumstantial.

In the last year of his second term, our president can sit back in his Crawford ranch and survey the damage he's done with satisfaction. He has successfully waged a war on the middle class through a remarkable combination of sheer negligence and deliberate, calculated action. Perhaps as Americans, we should ask ourselves why we impeach presidents for having extramarital affairs and why we look the other way when they set records in both vacation time and vicious corruption.

forsmant
03-21-2008, 06:35 PM
Bush is laid back, with his mind on his money and his money on his mind.

Nirvikalpa
03-21-2008, 06:37 PM
Doesn't he also have the record for falling off of Bicycles? :D

I don't even have a comment for this. I'm just plain pissed off and tired of it.

Shii
03-21-2008, 07:12 PM
It's hard work.

heartless
03-21-2008, 07:40 PM
It's hard work.

ah sarcasm... Americans' favorite past-time

IPSecure
03-21-2008, 07:59 PM
If bush wants all of these wars, why does he not get up off his lazy arse, and fight them himself?

Commander in sleep?

The world is full of kings and queens, that blind your eyes then steal your dreams...

10thAmendmentMan
03-21-2008, 08:03 PM
I'd rather have him vacationing than doing even more.

Slutter McGee
03-21-2008, 10:18 PM
I am one of the few that thinks Bush isn't an idiot, simply bad a public speaking. I don't think he is a puppet for the NWO or a part of a giant conspiracy to purposely destroy the middle class.

I just think that these things ARE resulting from his mistakes.

That being said, I doubt he is spending all his time at his ranch just being lazy and watching TV.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

The One
03-21-2008, 10:20 PM
I am one of the few that thinks Bush isn't an idiot, simply bad a public speaking. I don't think he is a puppet for the NWO or a part of a giant conspiracy to purposely destroy the middle class.

I just think that these things ARE resulting from his mistakes.

That being said, I doubt he is spending all his time at his ranch just being lazy and watching TV.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

Your name is Slutter.

Ex Post Facto
03-22-2008, 10:45 AM
Your name is Slutter.

He also used his 5th post to comment on Bush. :D

New York For Paul
03-22-2008, 01:26 PM
http://media.www.csucauldron.com/media/storage/paper516/news/2008/03/17/TheMeltingPot/Bush-Sets.Presidential.Record-3272145.shtml

That's right. George W. Bush has surpassed all past U.S. presidents in (drum-roll, please)… number of vacation days! According to CBS Radio News correspondent Mark Knoller, Bush surpassed the previous record of 436 days by Ronald Regan when he made his 70th trip to Crawford, Texas this February. 452 days and counting - that's close to 1 1/3 years. A remarkable feat, considering all the domestic and international crises he's had to deal with. Between 9/11 and the ensuing 'war on terror', Hurricane Katrina, gas and food prices and the recent epidemic of foreclosures sweeping the nation, one might assume our president should be busy at work.

Of course, upon further examination it all makes sense. The war in Iraq has been called one of the biggest foreign policy disasters in American history - and it's certainly been the most expensive. The federal government failed its citizens miserably in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, and there is strong evidence that they ignored dire warnings in the months leading up to it. Superficial efforts to stem the foreclosure crisis have done little to help the millions of hardworking Americans in danger of losing their homes. Food prices have skyrocketed. Gas is likely to reach $4 per gallon by late spring.

Katrina. Maybe Bush can hire these guys for the next emergency. Or he and Michael Brown can drive around picking up survivors.

http://www.dcducks.com/gallery/ott_dc-duck-0018s.jpg

http://www.dcducks.com/gallery/ott_dc-duck-0059s.jpg

http://www.dcducks.com/gallery/ott_dc-duck-0008s.jpg
They drive by FEMA HQ everyday, yet they were never used.

http://www.dcducks.com/index.htm