PDA

View Full Version : If signs and bumper stickers were any indication of voter support.......

The One
03-21-2008, 04:16 PM
RP would have taken the San Antonio area in a landslide. I've been here for the past week on vacation, and there are signs and bumper stickers everywhere. I see more signs on one block here than I've seen in my entire hometown of Amarillo. My wife is getting really tired of me shouting "Ron Paul for President" every time I see another sign 'cause I see one every other minute. Kudos to the San Antonio supporters. BTW--I literally haven't seen one single sign for another candidate. Although I'm well-aware that signs don't equal votes, it sure makes you wonder how we didn't do any better than we did.

syborius
03-21-2008, 04:20 PM
RP would have taken the San Antonio area in a landslide. I've been here for the past week on vacation, and there are signs and bumper stickers everywhere. I see more signs on one block here than I've seen in my entire hometown of Amarillo. My wife is getting really tired of me shouting "Ron Paul for President" every time I see another sign 'cause I see one every other minute. Kudos to the San Antonio supporters. BTW--I literally haven't seen one single sign for another candidate. Although I'm well-aware that signs don't equal votes, it sure makes you wonder how we didn't do any better than we did.

No wonder at all buddy, this election has been the most fraudulent in American political history.

The One
03-21-2008, 04:38 PM
No wonder at all buddy, this election has been the most fraudulent in American political history.

I can't say that thought never crossed my mind.

PlzPeopleWakeUp
03-21-2008, 04:41 PM
nt

Banana
03-21-2008, 04:46 PM
IMO, we need to look at the whole picture.

Assume we've already established that signs and stickers for Ron Paul outnumber everyone by huge margins.

But how many people don't have any signs and stickers? I'd bet they outnumber the RPRs. Assuming that they don't have one because they're simply not in it, it is reasonable conjuecture to say that they are likely to vote for whoever get shoved down their throat, courtesy of MSM, and if they are repubs, it's McCain.

McCain has more voters than Paul, but Paul has more supporters than McCain.

syborius
03-21-2008, 05:59 PM
IMO, we need to look at the whole picture.

Assume we've already established that signs and stickers for Ron Paul outnumber everyone by huge margins.

But how many people don't have any signs and stickers? I'd bet they outnumber the RPRs. Assuming that they don't have one because they're simply not in it, it is reasonable conjuecture to say that they are likely to vote for whoever get shoved down their throat, courtesy of MSM, and if they are repubs, it's McCain.

McCain has more voters than Paul, but Paul has more supporters than McCain.

gibly gobble goobla goop, pooga noogga nubbly boop, piddly paddle poop......

Akus
03-21-2008, 06:27 PM

I disagree, I can easily believe that some people went only as far as putting a Ron Paul sticker on their car and not an inch more. They just didn't bother voting. It is possible.

Mickeys
03-22-2008, 03:13 AM
"If signs and bumper stickers were any indication of voter support..."

...but they aren't. Being the most outspoken is not the same as being the most numerous.

Anyone who truly believes that Ron Paul won any primaries is kidding themselves.

Coca Cola receives FAR more complaint letters and e-mails than they do letters of praise. Every food company...every company in general does. Do you think that this is because the majority of Coca Cola drinkers are unhappy with the product? Of course not. But people who are happy with the status quo do not take the time to be outspoken about their happiness. Just like politics. I know this is a newsflash to some people here, but a whole bunch of people are NOT struggling financially. And they are not unhappy with the way things are in their life. Where pretty much 100% of Ron Paul supporters make it known to the publicthat they ARE osupporters, maybe like 5% of McCain, or Hillary, etc. supporters bother to put up bumper stickers. And honestly...most people don't want to cheapen their automobile with a bumper sticker of any kind.

Not to mention, Ron Paul supporters are the only ones that are going to commute hundreds of miles to show up at a function to try to prove a point. McCain supporters don't feel the need to prove a point, trying to get publicity.

HollyforRP
03-22-2008, 03:28 AM
"If signs and bumper stickers were any indication of voter support..."

...but they aren't. Being the most outspoken is not the same as being the most numerous.

Anyone who truly believes that Ron Paul won any primaries is kidding themselves.

Coca Cola receives FAR more complaint letters and e-mails than they do letters of praise. Every food company...every company in general does. Do you think that this is because the majority of Coca Cola drinkers are unhappy with the product? Of course not. But people who are happy with the status quo do not take the time to be outspoken about their happiness. Just like politics. I know this is a newsflash to some people here, but a whole bunch of people are NOT struggling financially. And they are not unhappy with the way things are in their life. Where pretty much 100% of Ron Paul supporters make it known to the publicthat they ARE osupporters, maybe like 5% of McCain, or Hillary, etc. supporters bother to put up bumper stickers. And honestly...most people don't want to cheapen their automobile with a bumper sticker of any kind.

Not to mention, Ron Paul supporters are the only ones that are going to commute hundreds of miles to show up at a function to try to prove a point. McCain supporters don't feel the need to prove a point, trying to get publicity.

Are you a Mccain supporter?

HollyforRP
03-22-2008, 03:38 AM
What I'd like to know is

If there were more MCcain, Clinton or Obama signs around (I haven't seen not even one) would they too be forced to take them down like Ron Paul supporters?

Even off of their own properties and trucks?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSpIbrMRq3s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJG3GB4EXag

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTqmDpcaXQw

The One
03-22-2008, 05:19 AM
Are you a Mccain supporter?

Go look at the 7 posts he's made. He's either a McCain supporter, a troll, or just an astonishingly annoying prick.