PDA

View Full Version : IMPORTANT QUESTION -- Does Obama Write His Own Speeches??

Lois
03-21-2008, 03:14 PM
Everybody thinks Obama's speeches are so great -- but does he write them all himself?

In particular -- did he write the Pastor Wright speech that he just gave us?

Lois

The One
03-21-2008, 03:29 PM
Doesn't matter if he writes them....he delivers them very well, and that's all the sheeple care about. Hell, do you think GWB has ever had an original thought make its way from his brain and then out his mouth??? Of course he hasn't, but if he manages to make his way through a speech without mangling every other word, the MSM drools all over themselves about what a great speech The President just gave.

ItsTime
03-21-2008, 03:30 PM
My guess is he does not. he has a hard time keeping his lies straight. He even lied several time about his own live in his biography...

LibertyIn08
03-21-2008, 03:31 PM
He wrote the Wright speech himself, but others have written his other speeches.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Y7OFLl3asg

RonPaulVolunteer
03-21-2008, 04:36 PM
The devil made him do it.

Primbs
03-21-2008, 04:55 PM
Obama has some very old Kennedy speech writers. While you may not agree with Kennedy, the speeches were considered great by many watchers.

devil21
03-21-2008, 05:22 PM
Either you are good at writing speeches or you are good at giving speeches. Not both ;)

yongrel
03-21-2008, 05:31 PM
Yes, Obama writes many of his own speeches, and has heavy input in all of them.

For instance, his recent speech about race was composed almost entirely by himself, according to various articles.

EDIT: And no, this isn't an important question. Not remotely.

Alawn
03-21-2008, 05:48 PM
No he writes none of them

uncollapse
03-21-2008, 06:35 PM
he delivers like he wrote those speeches.. but probably those were written by someone else. We should pass an act to make those, politicians acknowledge at the end of the end the authors who wrote them.

Lois
03-21-2008, 07:02 PM
This article explains that he has three speechwriters --

What Would Obama Say?

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/20/fashion/20speechwriter.html?_r=2&oref=slogin&oref=slogin

"And he leads a team of two other young speechwriters: 26-year-old Adam Frankel, who worked with John F. Kennedy’s adviser and speechwriter Theodore C. Sorensen on his memoirs, and Ben Rhodes, who, at 30, calls himself the “elder statesman” of the group and who helped write the Iraq Study Group report as an assistant to Lee H. Hamilton."

Although he did write the latest Race Speech.

yongrel
03-21-2008, 07:05 PM
Seriously, it matters not one iota whether or not Obama writes his own speeches.

devil21
03-21-2008, 07:28 PM
Seriously, it matters not one iota whether or not Obama writes his own speeches.

Why not? Everybody talks about how great his speeches are, yet hes obviously not even writing them. How can you trust the words of someone when the words aren't their own? Just because it's a common practice doesn't mean it's completely acceptable.

uncollapse
03-21-2008, 07:52 PM
Why not? Everybody talks about how great his speeches are, yet hes obviously not even writing them. How can you trust the words of someone when the words aren't their own? Just because it's a common practice doesn't mean it's completely acceptable.

well.. you just said it.. it is common practise.. comon practise makes it acceptable.. a bill must be pass to force them to acknowledge the author of the speech.

wowabunga
03-21-2008, 09:01 PM
Did anyone see him on the MTV debate ? It was a causal event... and for 10 plus minutes he rambled on and I was shocked at how many many many times he let the "uh" word loose. My goodness he couldn't finish a thought without 1-3 of them "uhs".

You don't see too many folks talk about this... but it was so obvious I nearly shut down the interview video... but I wanted to stay objective and see what he had to say and what he stood for. I can say one thing now for sure... he really sucks at talking off the top of this head. He needs a good month or two at "Toastmasters" where they ween you off that bad speaking habit....

A recent video showing how annoying it can be...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThEAO0lt4Dw

Ron LOL
03-21-2008, 09:35 PM
Doesn't matter if he writes them....he delivers them very well, and that's all the sheeple care about. Hell, do you think GWB has ever had an original thought make its way from his brain and then out his mouth??? Of course he hasn't, but if he manages to make his way through a speech without mangling every other word, the MSM drools all over themselves about what a great speech The President just gave.

Wow, as if we wouldn't all be jumping for joy if Ron Paul signed up for public speaking lessons under Obama.

Jesus, dude, the message is key, but if you're as poor a speaker as Ron Paul is, it's never going to get out there.

uncollapse
03-21-2008, 09:48 PM
Did anyone see him on the MTV debate ? It was a causal event... and for 10 plus minutes he rambled on and I was shocked at how many many many times he let the "uh" word loose. My goodness he couldn't finish a thought without 1-3 of them "uhs".

You don't see too many folks talk about this... but it was so obvious I nearly shut down the interview video... but I wanted to stay objective and see what he had to say and what he stood for. I can say one thing now for sure... he really sucks at talking off the top of this head. He needs a good month or two at "Toastmasters" where they ween you off that bad speaking habit....

A recent video showing how annoying it can be...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThEAO0lt4Dw

yes. i remember. Obama flops badly during that debate. :D

The One
03-21-2008, 09:55 PM
Wow, as if we wouldn't all be jumping for joy if Ron Paul signed up for public speaking lessons under Obama.

Jesus, dude, the message is key, but if you're as poor a speaker as Ron Paul is, it's never going to get out there.

Jesus dude, maybe you could sign up for lessons from Obama on how to play turd burglar and smoke crack in the back of a limo.....just a suggestion.

devil21
03-22-2008, 03:29 AM

But why did Letterman air a segment about Obama's inability to speak from his own mind without using "uh" (the mark of a puppet) 30 times in one interview? His speeches and being black are all that matters to his campaign...and he doesnt even write the speeches and he's only half black. Clear proof that he's an empty suit.