PDA

View Full Version : Iraq war stats as we hit 4,000 KIA

malibuu
03-21-2008, 10:54 AM
from today's USA Today - online available tomorrow . . .

---------------------------

One in six were too young to buy a beer -

About two dozen were old enough for an AARP card.

Eleven died on Thanksgiving, and eleven on Christmas.

At least five died on their birthdays.

1 % were named Smith.

Have a Good Friday everybuddy !

constitutional
03-21-2008, 10:57 AM
We only talk about American soldiers who are dead... what about Iraq civilians and millions that have been displaced? It's arrogant ... everytime someone talks about American soldiers dead and not talk about the civilians.

IntruderII
03-21-2008, 02:15 PM
And does that number even include all the contractors? I mean, aren't contractors the majority of our people working over there?

raiha
03-21-2008, 02:27 PM
Yep we are over the million mark of dead Iraqis. some of those haven't even started PlaySkool yet. Ooops forgot...there aren't any play schoolz.

Geronimo
03-21-2008, 06:19 PM
KIA is kind of like DOA. The number of 4,000 doesn't count the soldiers who died at (or on the way to) a hospital. Or during their stay at the hospital.

ronpaul.republican
03-21-2008, 07:33 PM
We only talk about American soldiers who are dead... what about Iraq civilians and millions that have been displaced? It's arrogant ... everytime someone talks about American soldiers dead and not talk about the civilians.

I agree. Too bad it's not 40,000 killed.

Vet_from_cali
03-21-2008, 08:46 PM
I agree. Too bad it's not 40,000 killed.

so you want 40,000 dead soliders? not understanding that remark you made :confused:

klamath
03-21-2008, 08:50 PM
so you want 40,000 dead soliders? not understanding that remark you made :confused:
Notice his post count.

michaelwise
03-21-2008, 09:09 PM
But the surge is working and we are winning. Bull Shit. The War is unwinnable and we are bankrupting the country in the process.

icon124
03-21-2008, 09:12 PM

I don't think they keep track of that...I assume they don't give a shit to be blunt...but I really wish the would talk about total dead from both sides...innocent or not...that would give us a full view...but you know how fair and balanced everything is ;)

New York For Paul
03-21-2008, 11:39 PM
Even military guys are still concerned it is not going to turn out well.

From the Washington Times, Harlan Ullman.

"Today, the administration is claiming that the "surge" has worked, violence is down and Iraq is on the road to success."

"Yet, last week, Gen. David Petraeus voiced concern over the failure or pace of political reconciliation to take hold.

An objective assessment of the political process in Baghdad would not lead to optimistic conclusions about what Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki will be able to achieve as the surged U.S. forces are drawn down, raising the prospect of a return to violence and instability. So, five years into the war, what can we learn that may be useful in keeping Iraq from failing and in informing future White Houses to steer clear of repeating past mistakes?"

http://www.washingtontimes.com/article/20080319/EDITORIAL09/350158595/1013

ronpaul.republican
03-24-2008, 04:48 AM

The more dead US soldiers, the more the neocons are exposed for the war criminals they are.

May every last US soldier die in Iraq, then may the neocon traitors start up the draft & send new meat over there from our college campuses.

THAT would wake up the Americunts. Maybe.

Rahl
03-24-2008, 05:07 AM
The more dead US soldiers, the more the neocons are exposed for the war criminals they are.

May every last US soldier die in Iraq, then may the neocon traitors start up the draft & send new meat over there from our college campuses.

THAT would wake up the Americunts. Maybe.

too extreme, but it raises an interesting question.
how many more soldiers do have to die before the public will protest on a large scale.

ronpaul.republican
03-26-2008, 09:02 AM
too extreme, but it raises an interesting question.
how many more soldiers do have to die before the public will protest on a large scale.

Too extreme??

The United States committed aggressive war. It is keeping people locked up indefinitely without trial. It is torturing and murdering. It is the most serious threat to the world in the world.

Nothing is too extreme to stop the monstrosity called the United States.