PDA

View Full Version : Another way to help Ron Paul

noxagol
08-18-2007, 10:44 PM
Well, once he gets elected, it will be huge but it won't be the end. He will still have 435 opponents. How do we help him here?

RUN FOR OFFICE IN YOUR AREA!

The House is pretty easy to win, especially if your district is small and everyone there already supports Ron Paul.

I plan to do this myself in 2010 because I am not old enough to do it in '08.

Also running for state and local government would help too.

THIS IS A REVOLUTION PEOPLE, LET'S TAKE IT AND RUN WITH IT EVERYWHERE POSSIBLE!

jj111
08-18-2007, 10:50 PM
Good luck. I didn't know that seats in the House of Representatives were that easy to win.

DeadheadForPaul
08-18-2007, 10:52 PM
If you guys are serious about getting into office, you need to IMMEDIATELY start making connections with your local, county, and state party. Get involved

noxagol
08-18-2007, 10:55 PM
Good luck. I didn't know that seats in the House of Representatives were that easy to win.

Well, its not as easy as I make it sound obviously. But if Ron Paul gets enough support just tap into that crowd. It will certainly make it possible, and having a friendly Congress is important to make changes happen. Plus, we need new blood in Congress anyways, its approval rating is lower than freaking Dubya's!

0zzy
08-18-2007, 11:01 PM
If you guys are serious about getting into office, you need to IMMEDIATELY start making connections with your local, county, and state party. Get involved

Ron Paul inspired me, but at the time being I'm only 17. So maybe 2010 or 2012 after college. Though do I really want to be a congressmen? :) Depends, see what the future holds for me.

I plan on studying every single issue America is facing one day. Like, I'm just going to read every book and watch every movie concerning issue XXX for a week and do that for like 4 months and be super uber educated.

Sound like a good idea? :)

FreedomLover
08-18-2007, 11:03 PM

ha, i think he meant easier than that of a senator or governor.

its worth it to take a shot, theres been many political novices who've surprised the establishment.

I think you need to work your way up though. get well known in your area and run for a small seat in the state legislature or something, then makes some allies there, and then run for congress.

FreedomLover
08-18-2007, 11:08 PM
Ron Paul inspired me, but at the time being I'm only 17. So maybe 2010 or 2012 after college. Though do I really want to be a congressmen? :) Depends, see what the future holds for me.

I plan on studying every single issue America is facing one day. Like, I'm just going to read every book and watch every movie concerning issue XXX for a week and do that for like 4 months and be super uber educated.

Sound like a good idea? :)

That's the spirit.

Although many people learn more about how to win an election and how to hide money laundering than how to govern effectively these days, hopefully the new generation of congressmen in the next 10-20 years will change that.