PDA

View Full Version : Liberty items for the troops

USAFCapt
03-21-2008, 10:06 AM
Hello all

I am currently stationed in Afghanistan. I would like to see if anyone has any Liberty-type items that they would like to send in care packages to the troops. Some items off the top of my head that you can send:

- Books: We have two areas where troops take and leave used books. We work long hours, but trust me, we still have some down time. If anybody wants to purchase Ron Paul's new book and send a few copies I will make sure they make it to the most highly transited break areas.

- Magazines: If anyone has any left over editions of Reason or anything of the sort I will put them in the break areas. I see people reading lots of magazines.

- Any Ron Paul/Liberty type literature: Slim Jims, business cards, pamphlets, copies of the Constitution. I can slip them into used books and put them in the break areas.

- Freedom type DVDs, shows, documentaries. "Freedom to Fascism" or "Why We Fight," comes to mind.

- You can mix in basic toiletry items like small shaving gel cans, toothbrushes, etc.

- Anything else you would like to send

When I talk politics to many of the guys, they have a libertarian view toward the world. But almost none of them knew of Ron Paul (a few knew of the Libertarian party). Most of them hate the idea of serfdom toward the government and most have large families with conservative/libertarian mindsets.

It takes approx 10 days for a package to arrive from the states.

If you would like, you can send random care packages. Just send them to this exact address:

Any Soldier
PRG 6-1*
APO AE 09354-3005

*You can replace 6-1 with 6-2, 6-3,6-4, 6-5, 6-6, 6-10, 6-12, 6-1-4 and it will go to many different recipients.

Thanks for your time and energy

Update, 9Apr: I've received about 10 packages thus far! The DVD Freedom to Fascism and the DVD with RPs picture on the front have been snapped up the fastest. Republic Magazine has shipped 100+ of the back issues! If you are sending a random package to Any Soldier, please don't put my name on it. Also, don't label the contents as "Ron Paul" anything, just put books, magazines...something generic. I'll keep you guys updated.

Update, 2 May: What an outpouring of support! I have received items from approx 18 different people/companies including: Gloria and Dixie, Barclay, American Border Patrol, Gabe G, John Birch Society, Mike R, Girlfriend Galas, Kyle W, Nancy d, Renee C, Janna C, Jaime B, Zuliani, Jim S, and M Relfe. (That is not everybody.) I have received The Manifesto from two separate people and of course put those on prominent places. I will be leaving in two weeks so any last minute packages to me should be sent soon. Please use the above "Any soldier" address anytime you would like.

Update, 11 May: I have received items from Steve B. and Mike R. Please do not send any more items directly to me as I will be leaving shortly. You can use the Any Soldier address from here on out if you would like. I have heard 3 random people mention Ron Paul in the last month without any inquiry from me. Thanks for helping sow the seeds of thought and liberty.

acptulsa
03-21-2008, 10:10 AM
Thanks for your time and energy

It is truly nothing, Captain. I think I speak for all of us here when I thank you for your time, energy and much more!

clintontj72
03-21-2008, 10:20 AM
Thank you sir for your service! I've been out since 96', but to this day remember swearing to uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States...not the President...not any congressman...the Constitution...that drives me!

clintontj72
03-21-2008, 10:22 AM
People should send beef jerky or something with a pocket Constitution and a Ron Paul slim jim...grrr...take a bite out of a slim jim :D

heartless
03-21-2008, 10:37 AM
bump!

UnitedWeStand
03-21-2008, 10:42 AM
I have a lot of slim jims to send, but I think that the new "for a strong national defense" would probably be the best one to send, eh?

How about a few leftover copies of the "ron paul newspaper"? Anyone have any?

I have a couple of Ron Paul DVDs I'd like to send.

I'd like to send some luxury items like candy. What ships well? Also, how would a few boxes of "heavy metal cleansing" pills go over?

Thank you for all you do. But thank you especially for your love and commitment to your fellow Servicemen and all Americans as evidenced by your seeking to educate them. I will help you in any way that I can. Thank you for seeking our help!)

Spirit of '76
03-21-2008, 11:20 AM
Great idea, CPT Tucker! I'll see what I can put together.

acptulsa
03-21-2008, 01:53 PM
The Captain's thread deserves a major bump!

Sorry. Very sorry. I'll try to restrain myself in the future.

GunnyFreedom
03-21-2008, 02:20 PM
I have a lot of slim jims to send, but I think that the new "for a strong national defense" would probably be the best one to send, eh?

How about a few leftover copies of the "ron paul newspaper"? Anyone have any?

I have a couple of Ron Paul DVDs I'd like to send.

I'd like to send some luxury items like candy. What ships well? Also, how would a few boxes of "heavy metal cleansing" pills go over?

Thank you for all you do. But thank you especially for your love and commitment to your fellow Servicemen and all Americans as evidenced by your seeking to educate them. I will help you in any way that I can. Thank you for seeking our help!)

We have a "For a Strong National Defense" slimjim???!!!??? :eek: Wow. That would be handy as all get out...

btw - bump!

NoxTwilight
03-21-2008, 02:33 PM
I am asking my meetups for slim jims and anything else that we can send.

What about DVD's with speeches, Liberty type movies or documentaries? Heck I would be happy to send DVD's of TV shows or anything they wanted. Send me a list!! I have at least 100 DVD's that I can use to start with.

Please let us know anything else that is needed or wanted - I know I'll be happy to send what I can.

ronpaulhawaii
03-21-2008, 04:01 PM
Great idea, CPT Tucker! I'll see what I can put together.

Hmmm? A Manifesto book bomb with SJ inserts? Chocolate Liberty dollars? A chip-in for an engraved .45 for the good capt'n? Hhhmmm...

liberteebell
03-21-2008, 04:13 PM
It is truly nothing, Captain. I think I speak for all of us here when I thank you for your time, energy and much more!

+2008

soapmistress
03-21-2008, 05:05 PM
I'm sending a letter and some slim-jims. :)

ClockwiseSpark
03-22-2008, 01:23 AM
bump

VoteForRonPaul
03-22-2008, 01:27 AM
Is not Ron Paul prohibited in Afghanistan? :D

Mopsus
03-22-2008, 05:24 AM
Is not Ron Paul prohibited in Afghanistan? :D

Nah.... Just here in the good ole US of A

USAFCapt
03-22-2008, 07:45 AM
Thanks for the great response.

Yes, DVDs of any sort, be they new, used, or copied would be used quite a bit around here. They love TV shows like Lost, Heroes, etc...but if you mixed in some Ron Paul DVDs/youtube clips it would be all the better. Guys and Gals watch DVDs on their laptops/DVD players all the time. Every time they are put in the break area they are snatched up and reused.

Yes, if anyone would like to ship the new Ron Paul book via Amazon it is free shipping. I would put them in this break area on the top shelf of the book shelf, highly visible.

Weather is still good to ship food items; late May is when it becomes too hot.

Appreciate it

Nate
03-22-2008, 11:28 AM
This is a great idea! I'm going to a meeting of activists here in Chicago later today and I'll try and get some things sent from here. I'm going to send some books from my library. Support the troops with an airlift of liberty. We should have been doing this months ago.

amy31416
03-22-2008, 11:58 AM
Thanks for posting this, I'll definitely send a care package. Is there anything in particular that you guys need?

NEPA_Revolution
03-22-2008, 12:04 PM
Captain Tucker, I have a few still rapped blocks of Ron Paul pamphlets I can send you guys.

amy31416
03-23-2008, 10:24 PM
Yeah, I'm bumping this thread. Whatcha gonna do about it?

DeadtoSin
03-23-2008, 10:56 PM
Other than the RP stuff is there anything you guys could use? Maybe like some soap/non-aerosol shaving cream/whatever?

ForLibertyFight
03-23-2008, 11:23 PM
bump :D

Verad
03-24-2008, 12:16 AM
I suppose it would be a bad idea to send pocket constitutions with the enumerated power of the Legislature to declare war highlighted, right?

garrettwombat
03-24-2008, 05:21 AM
i have 6 boxes of slim jims, 1 box of trifolds and a huge roll of stickers.

i like the pocket constitution idea also...
maybe we can send some copies of the "Oath of enlistment" on paper

I do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same.......

ronpaulhawaii
03-24-2008, 09:44 AM
There is a wonderful mythical law of nature that the three things we crave most in life -- happiness, freedom, and peace of mind -- are always attained by giving them to someone else. - Peyton Conway March

Corydoras
03-24-2008, 09:53 AM
I signed you up for the Dunkin Donuts coffee raffle.
Maybe if enough people enter you, you'll win!

https://www.dunkindonuts.com/aboutus/contact/Feedback.aspx?type=4

amy31416
03-24-2008, 09:57 AM
There is a wonderful mythical law of nature that the three things we crave most in life -- happiness, freedom, and peace of mind -- are always attained by giving them to someone else. - Peyton Conway March

That's beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

acptulsa
03-25-2008, 08:15 AM
Bump for general purposes.

acptulsa
03-25-2008, 01:10 PM

What she said.

RP4EVER
03-25-2008, 01:19 PM
i dont have any RP items to send; but ill gladly donate to shipping if needed

ronpaulhawaii
03-25-2008, 02:12 PM
Help your brother's boat across, and your own will reach the shore. ~Hindu Proverb

pinkmandy
03-25-2008, 02:59 PM
Major bump, er, um Captain! I mean Captain!!!

hillertexas
03-26-2008, 01:22 PM
bump

Kotin
03-26-2008, 01:29 PM
bump for the captain.

ronpaulhawaii
03-27-2008, 06:27 PM
I must study politics and war that my sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy. - John Adams

kigol
03-27-2008, 06:35 PM
good post

jlaker
03-27-2008, 09:17 PM
Bump to captain!

ronpaulhawaii
03-28-2008, 10:33 AM
There is nothing so likely to produce peace as to be well prepared to meet the enemy. - George Washington

ronpaulhawaii
04-04-2008, 08:02 AM

What she said.

;)

Roxi
04-04-2008, 08:25 AM
DUDE this is totally awesome... i sooo have some stuff ill send you

Joseph Hart
04-04-2008, 04:22 PM
Either this will turn out to be a great idea, thousands more troops for Ron Paul or the government will burn all the stuff going in. Anyone else think our government completely censors Ron Paul?

ClayTrainor
04-04-2008, 05:41 PM
Either this will turn out to be a great idea, thousands more troops for Ron Paul or the government will burn all the stuff going in. Anyone else think our government completely censors Ron Paul?

I wouldnt be surprised if they make efforts to censor him but, i doubt it's complete.

Elegy
04-06-2008, 05:28 PM
This is a great idea, I'm a SGT here in Iraq and would be more that willing and happy to help too. DVD's would be optimal, after rolling out on missions for 12 hours, most of us just like chilling out and watching tv or something. But anything that can help would be great. I've met a total of 2 soldiers that even know who Paul is, one being my roomate who I turned on to the good Dr.

ronpaulhawaii
04-07-2008, 11:54 AM
This is a great idea, I'm a SGT here in Iraq and would be more that willing and happy to help too. DVD's would be optimal, after rolling out on missions for 12 hours, most of us just like chilling out and watching tv or something. But anything that can help would be great. I've met a total of 2 soldiers that even know who Paul is, one being my roomate who I turned on to the good Dr.

Welcome to the forum, Sargent:). Post an address and I imagine some of us will be happy to send supplies, or better yet, PM the topic starter and see if he will add your info to the OP.

Sorry you guys are still stuck over there, and I hope for a safe return ASAP

m

ItsTime
04-19-2008, 11:30 AM
bump

ronpaulhawaii
04-19-2008, 12:06 PM
I just ordered some Manifestos to send these guys, I hope others are doing the same

:D

ronpaulhawaii
05-01-2008, 11:00 PM
bump

soapmistress
05-01-2008, 11:52 PM
Wondering if he got any of the stuff...

USAFCapt
05-02-2008, 07:50 AM
Wondering if he got any of the stuff...

You bet! What an outpouring of support! I have received items from approx 18 different people/companies including: Gloria and Dixie, Barclay, American Border Patrol, Gabe G, John Birch Society, Mike R, Girlfriend Galas, Kyle W, Nancy d, Renee C, Janna C, Jaime B, Zuliani, Jim S, and M Relfe. (That is not everybody.) I have received The Manifesto from two separate people and of course put those on prominent places. I will be leaving in two weeks so any last minute packages to me should be sent soon. Please use the above "Any soldier" address anytime you would like.

soapmistress
05-02-2008, 08:16 AM
Wonderful news!!

ronpaulhawaii
05-02-2008, 09:14 AM
You bet! What an outpouring of support! I have received items from approx 18 different people/companies including: Gloria and Dixie, Barclay, American Border Patrol, Gabe G, John Birch Society, Mike R, Girlfriend Galas, Kyle W, Nancy d, Renee C, Janna C, Jaime B, Zuliani, Jim S, and M Relfe. (That is not everybody.) I have received The Manifesto from two separate people and of course put those on prominent places. I will be leaving in two weeks so any last minute packages to me should be sent soon. Please use the above "Any soldier" address anytime you would like.

RP supporters :) We hate unjust war, we support our troops; Good work all, keep the love flowing...

Giuliani was there on 911
05-02-2008, 02:39 PM
I'm very disappointed in seeing this thread stickied. How the hell can you be against war and still support the people who carry out the act of fighting the war. There is no draft, nobody was forced to join.

Jeremy
05-02-2008, 02:50 PM
I'm very disappointed in seeing this thread stickied. How the hell can you be against war and still support the people who carry out the act of fighting the war. There is no draft, nobody was forced to join.

They didn't sing up for the Iraq war, they signed up to join the military and protect this country. They are not currently protecting this country. You should also know that Ron Paul got more donations from military people than all Democrats and other Republicans combined.

ronpaulhawaii
05-07-2008, 03:41 PM
Capt Tucker, I hope you are still around. I got something for you guys today that I would like to see passed around for a few years...

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb19/mkauai/Unknownsoldier.jpg

I understand that you are shipping out soon, if there is someone else that can see that this begins a journey, please let me know. It is my dream that I will recieve photos of those who read and pass on the book

with all of my appreciation

m

RestoreTheRepublic
05-07-2008, 04:41 PM

Echoing the sentiments of an above poster, these men and women signed up to protect this country from enemies both domestic and foreign. They do not have the discretion to pick and choose their fights. The President has the enumertaed powers of commander-in-chief, and thus they are obliged to follow. I understand there is the conscientious objector status, but many of these men and women have their primary occupational income as the military. Don't blame them, blame the government if you are angry about them being in Iraq. These men and women are model citizens, and I support the military fully.

Cowlesy
05-07-2008, 04:56 PM
Capt Tucker, I hope you are still around. I got something for you guys today that I would like to see passed around for a few years...

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb19/mkauai/Unknownsoldier.jpg

I understand that you are shipping out soon, if there is someone else that can see that this begins a journey, please let me know. It is my dream that I will recieve photos of those who read and pass on the book

with all of my appreciation

m

Dude you are the fucking man.

Awesome idea!

ronpaulhawaii
05-07-2008, 10:11 PM

While an abhorrence of war is understandable, the world is imperfect and pacifism, at this point in time, is an unreasonable ideal.

A strong defense need not be offensive...

Dude you are the fucking man.

Nah, not me. He treats me well though :)

USAFCapt
05-11-2008, 05:58 AM
Update, 11 May: I have received items from Steve B. and Mike R. Please do not send any more items directly to me as I will be leaving shortly. You can use the Any Soldier address from here on out if you would like. I have heard 3 random people mention Ron Paul in the last month without any inquiry from me. Thanks for helping sow the seeds of thought and liberty.

newyearsrevolution08
05-11-2008, 12:16 PM
We will be adding active military to the list after we get Books sent to all delegates. This will give people the option to buy the manifesto for one soldier or 1,000.

I see plenty of manifestos getting shipped that way soon, one thing I hope however is that the troops COME HOME before we even send the first book.

All we will need help with is a list to ship to, also people will have the option of buying and getting the manifesto shipped using addresses of soldiers the "customer" knows as well. It can be personal OR someone can say "send 100 books to 100 soldiers" and then we would get our list together and cross off 100 names and addresses and SHIP AWAY!

I think getting as many copies into the hands of soldiers whether active, returning OR just enlisting would be a great effort.

We can't wait to get that portion of the Revolution By Mail started as well!

Support the troops who are against unconstitutional wars.

ronpaulhawaii
05-11-2008, 12:20 PM
I am wondering if I should send the signed copy to "anysoldier". Just seems riskier than sending to someone who undersands my intent

:confused::o:confused:

newyearsrevolution08
05-11-2008, 12:30 PM
I would send the signed copy to someone you knew would get it and appreciate it.

ronpaulhawaii
05-11-2008, 12:41 PM
Yes, I am hoping Capt Tucker or Elegy or another service member reads this and can help me out

newyearsrevolution08
05-11-2008, 12:47 PM
Maybe contact the winter soldier project and have them send you a list. I am actually going to contact them and see if we can get books to their members as well.

Elegy
05-19-2008, 01:49 PM
Yes, I am hoping Capt Tucker or Elegy or another service member reads this and can help me out

Sorry about the delay ronpaulhawaii and newyearsrevolution, I've been very busy and our internet is hit and miss at times. I'm still excited about this and will send you my mail address by pm. I just don't feel comfortable posting it on here, people in my unit are getting hemmed up for stupid crap, but I would be more than happy to distribute anything you would like to send. Thanks man.

ronpaulhawaii
05-19-2008, 01:54 PM
Sorry about the delay ronpaulhawaii and newyearsrevolution, I've been very busy and our internet is hit and miss at times. I'm still excited about this and will send you my mail address by pm. I just don't feel comfortable posting it on here, people in my unit are getting hemmed up for stupid crap, but I would be more than happy to distribute anything you would like to send. Thanks man.

:D

I was hoping you'd show up.

:)

and yes, PM is better