PDA

View Full Version : Cool new RP Newsweek interview article

Truth Warrior
03-21-2008, 09:57 AM
http://www.newsweek.com/id/124451/page/1

BuddyRey
03-21-2008, 10:03 AM
"800,000-strong army of supporters"?!?!?!

C'mon. It was up to 800,000 by last June at the latest!!!! What a preposterously inaccurate figure.

acptulsa
03-21-2008, 10:08 AM
"The media isn't really interested in the issues, they are more interested in noteriety."--Dr. Paul

Kinda explains the Britney Spears phenomenon, doesn't it? Unfortunately, this also describes most of the public.

Truth Warrior
03-21-2008, 10:08 AM

C'mon. It was up to 800,000 by last June at the latest!!!! What a preposterously inaccurate figure.
I'd suggest that you take that up with Ron. :)

Soccrmastr
03-21-2008, 10:11 AM

I think that's confirmed number of donators or something. The campaign has used a figure for number of supporters I believe it was that.

clintontj72
03-21-2008, 10:17 AM
Nice article! :D

klamath
03-21-2008, 10:21 AM
Great article. It keeps reminding me why I support the man so much. I really like his emphysis on cordial.

dannno
03-21-2008, 10:22 AM

That's diebold counting.

klamath
03-21-2008, 10:28 AM

I think I read somewhere else that 800,000 was the number of votes he has received so far. That is the only real solid number.

A Ron Paul Rebel
03-21-2008, 10:33 AM
I cut and pasted the URL for strategy.

My first impression is that they want to alert others
Reading now...

kigol
03-21-2008, 10:42 AM

yeah, for real.

Bryan
03-21-2008, 10:44 AM
+1, good quick read. :)

A Ron Paul Rebel
03-21-2008, 10:46 AM
I love the very last line:

"The media isn't really interested in issues, they are more interested in notoriety."

JS4Pat
03-21-2008, 11:13 AM
Pretty good article, but Ron Paul's tone really bothers me. Like it or not he is the leader (the figure head) of this movement. I believe he has somewhat of a responsibility to LEAD.

Leaders do not make statements like this:

"I feel badly about just quitting."

"They say we should keep going and they almost believe some kind of miracle is going to happen [laughs]."

"For me, I never expected any of this to happen a year ago. I'd say overall it's been 100 times more successful than I ever dreamed."

You can be grounded in reality - but still speak in a manner/tone that leaves no doubt in people's minds that this is just the beginning and that BIG things are going to happen.

Inspire, Motivate, Reassure - that is what us in the forefront of this grassroots movement need from you!

Truth Warrior
03-21-2008, 11:17 AM
Pretty good article, but Ron Paul's tone really bothers me. Like it or not he is the leader (the figure head) of this movement. I believe he has somewhat of a responsibility to LEAD.

You can be grounded in reality - but still speak in a manner/tone that leaves no doubt in people's minds that this is just the beginning and that BIG things are going to happen.

Inspire, Motivate, Reassure - that is what us in the forefront of this grassroots movement need from you!
Sorry, you get what you get. Ron is not our slave. He has the right to live his life his way.

durden0
03-21-2008, 11:20 AM

It's true. I think in the coming years someone is going to come to the forefront as a true leader and orator that everyone can rally behind, including those outside the movement.

JS4Pat
03-21-2008, 11:21 AM
Sorry, you get what you get. Ron is not our slave. He has the right to live his life his way.

No he certainly isn't.

BUT

In my opinion he is letting this movement down by not doing some basic things to make the most of this opportunity.

acptulsa
03-21-2008, 11:22 AM

Well, arguably we and Dr. Paul are running a good cop/bad cop game on the G.O.P. Dr. Paul, btw, is the good cop.

We pretty much dragged him into this, so I think I can excuse him for thinking himself more of a team player than Fearless Leader...

A Ron Paul Rebel
03-21-2008, 11:29 AM
timing, timing, timing!!!

Truth Warrior
03-21-2008, 11:33 AM
No he certainly isn't.

BUT

In my opinion he is letting this movement down by not doing some basic things to make the most of this opportunity.
It seems to me that he has already done more than his share of the work. I understand your point of view, however. Perhaps his new book will provide some additional leadership inspiration, suggestions and insights. :)

Thanks!

0zzy
03-21-2008, 12:00 PM
He's not being a leader because he says he probably won't get the nomination and those who think he can get it aren't grounded in reality.

Wow. I don't know about you, but he's being realistic. "Everyone who dropped out in the presidential race aren't leaders." He's a leader for staying in.

LEK
03-21-2008, 12:13 PM
"...and John McCain has already won the Republican nomination. "

Gosh, why bother even having a convention, voting, speeches, etc. Sounds like it's all wrapped up - onward to November.

(I am sick of the above rhetoric from the article...hence my sarcasm.)

LEK
03-21-2008, 12:20 PM
They say we should keep going and they almost believe some kind of miracle is going to happen [laughs]. I try to keep them grounded in reality.

:D

JS4Pat
03-21-2008, 12:24 PM
He's not being a leader because he says he probably won't get the nomination and those who think he can get it aren't grounded in reality.

But if it is about more than Ron Paul and this election than why does he focus on defeat and losing and feeling bad???

When asked about his candidacy how about something along these lines…

What a lot of people don’t understand is that we are just getting started. I am excited about the real change that is going to take place because of this movement. If it doesn’t happen in November – believe me it will. Thousands of people all across the country (and the world) are working both within in the conventional political system and outside the mainstream political system to educate people on how we get this nation back on track. We are running constitutionally principled candidates, starting activist organizations, organizing marches, raising money, producing videos…

Realism + Optimism = Success

ForLiberty-RonPaul
03-21-2008, 12:49 PM
...or....

we could understand that Ron Paul was always working for us. How about we continue to work for ourselves.

Ron Paul is just one quick way to get this change going. As soon as you have a leader, you'll have a perfect target to bring down a Revolution. Stay decentralized. Make this YOUR Revolution, not Ron Paul's Revolution.

0zzy
03-21-2008, 01:05 PM
...or....

we could understand that Ron Paul was always working for us. How about we continue to work for ourselves.

Ron Paul is just one quick way to get this change going. As soon as you have a leader, you'll have a perfect target to bring down a Revolution. Stay decentralized. Make this YOUR Revolution, not Ron Paul's Revolution.

Indeed. Ron Paul was just a prominent voice. Jefferson didn't take the lead to write the constitution, someone encouraged him to do it (John Adams I believe). Paul didn't want to run for president, someone encouraged him to do it.

Truth Warrior
03-21-2008, 01:43 PM
Jefferson was in France at constitution time. The Federalist's were very concerned that his opposition would doom it.

acptulsa
03-21-2008, 01:48 PM
Jefferson was in France at constitution time. The Federalist's were very concerned that his opposition would doom it.

Ozzy is correct except only that he was thinking of the Declaration, not the Constitution.

Truth Warrior
03-21-2008, 02:02 PM
Ozzy is correct except only that he was thinking of the Declaration, not the Constitution.
The two are often confused by far too many.<IMHO> :(

0zzy
03-21-2008, 02:48 PM
The two are often confused by far too many.<IMHO> :(

I knew the difference I just was typing too fast and didnt feel like writing "The Declaration of Independence" rather than constitution.

Truth Warrior
03-21-2008, 02:51 PM
I knew the difference I just was typing too fast and didnt feel like writing "The Declaration of Independence" rather than constitution.

OK :cool: I understand. I often type it "D of I" myself. :)

Working Poor
03-21-2008, 03:44 PM
I am just glad he got coverage that didn't try and make him look like a bafoon.

Mordan
03-21-2008, 06:48 PM
But if it is about more than Ron Paul and this election than why does he focus on defeat and losing and feeling bad???

When asked about his candidacy how about something along these lines…

What a lot of people don’t understand is that we are just getting started. I am excited about the real change that is going to take place because of this movement. If it doesn’t happen in November – believe me it will. Thousands of people all across the country (and the world) are working both within in the conventional political system and outside the mainstream political system to educate people on how we get this nation back on track. We are running constitutionally principled candidates, starting activist organizations, organizing marches, raising money, producing videos…

Realism + Optimism = Success

I agree with you. But you cannot change Ron Paul's personnality. I love the guy but I sometimes think he is not prepared enough in oratory skills and PR. RPRs will have to find a new messenger with for 2012.