PDA

View Full Version : April Fools Money Bomb - Let's reverse this terrible sub-$1000 daily donation trend!!

RonPaulVolunteer
03-20-2008, 07:27 PM
http://AprilFoolsMoneyBomb.com

RonPaulVolunteer
03-20-2008, 09:41 PM
A little saddened that I have to bump this thread after 2 hours and not a single comment.

WRellim
03-20-2008, 09:56 PM
What would be the point?

The campaign has $5+ Million on hand and no intention of spending it on advertising or "actual" campaigning ...so what would be the value in donating MORE money to them at this point in time?

Seriously, unless you have a LOT of cash laying around that you don't know what to do with, you should keep it and put it to use locally or in your own life.

RonPaulVolunteer
03-20-2008, 10:16 PM
What would be the point?

The campaign has $5+ Million on hand and no intention of spending it on advertising or "actual" campaigning ...so what would be the value in donating MORE money to them at this point in time?

Seriously, unless you have a LOT of cash laying around that you don't know what to do with, you should keep it and put it to use locally or in your own life.

Where's the proof they have 5 million on hand?

FSP-Rebel
03-20-2008, 10:19 PM
I think (almost positive) a post came out via the campaign and FEC that we had like 5.5 mil left. So, if anyone could check me on this, I'll glady eat my words.

Akus
03-20-2008, 10:25 PM
why, even if I actually could, would I give these idiots who are running this campaign another nickel?

yongrel
03-20-2008, 10:28 PM
how about we donate to Murray Sabrin? Or BJ Lawson? Maybe Jim Forsythe? Or perhaps Ami Singh. Brent Sanders is running too. And Vern McKinley could use some cash.

Spend money on the candidates who can take the message into office.

WRellim
03-20-2008, 11:37 PM

Try the horse's mouth:
http://query.nictusa.com/cgi-bin/dcdev/forms/C00432914/327711/

Had you been paying attention you would have seen it here:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=129419

$5.5 Million cash on hand as of 2/29/08 -- and unless you have some PROOF that they spent millions in the past 3 weeks (on what???) then it is almost certain that they are still sitting on most of it. (IMHO, A good estimate would be around $5 Million, give or take a few hundred thousand).

Now go eat your hat. (Try putting a little salt on it... or sautee it in butter... YUM!)

Bro.Butch
03-20-2008, 11:54 PM
why, even if I actually could, would I give these idiots who are running this campaign another nickel?

Thank you FRIEND !, You speak for me and most NON Kool AID Drinkers !!!

This was the worse run campaign this cycle and one of the worst of all time. Moore and Snyder should have been fired the day after NH voted ! They should go down in infamy in all your minds as the two men most responsible for squandering the greatest grassroots effort in the history of the FREEDOM movement.

NEPA_Revolution
03-20-2008, 11:55 PM
Ahh, but cant that 5 mil go to other RP Republicans? I think this money bomb should be for High Tide. I posted the video in another forums off topic and people said it made them want to support our cause.

Bro.Butch
03-21-2008, 12:08 AM
PA TV AD Moneybomb will matter in long run

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please spare at least a $ FIVER for this one "The High Tide Money Bomb", THX

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_G3U...eature=related
High Tide Promo

http://alcpac.chipin.com/the-high-tide-airtime
The High Tide Money Bomb

All proceeds go for ads in PA, every penny...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamT
We haven't picked the channels yet, but yours are good suggestions. The PAC takes nothing from the donations. 100% goes to ad buys.

Adam glad to see there is honesty alive and well in this campaign ! Below is a list you and your group can use to contact meetups in PA. Contact them and get them to get TV info for you locally and get them to get their best negotiater to get the best deal for you. It will help you and it will MOTIVATE our friends in PA to fight on, knowing the national supporters are behind them ! I plan to spend time tonite spreading this info to other groups to increase donations and I hope EVERYONE will do the same. Shouldn't we be able to get a minimum of 20-$30,000 ?!? Hopefully much MORE !!!

We need to fight to the end to get this message out !!!

http://ronpaul.meetup.com/cities/us/pa/
Find a Pennsylvania meetup to help!!!

This may also motivate people to start back canvassing their neighborhood precincts...

VIVA LA R(3VOl)uTION :D:D:D

http://www.ronpaulnewspaper.com/
Now needs your help for NC outreach...

Andrew76
03-21-2008, 12:45 AM
I simply cannot believe some of you people. In an effort to clarify, here are just a few reasons why you should continue to donate to Ron Paul:

1) Consider it a tip to the man who's done so much to change the way so many millions of people view their role as an American citizen, eg: "Ron Paul cured my apathy."

2) This campaign is not over. Regardless of a win or loss, if the ten bucks I can afford to donate allows Ron Paul to campaign for another five goddamn minutes, it was worth every cent.

3) Why are we here? To support Ron Paul, or to complain and start juvenil message board flame wars? I for one am a Ron Paul supporter, and I will be one until this campaign is utterly and bitterly finished. ie: it is not finished yet.

4) To show my support for Ron Paul, so he knows we're still out here, spreading the message and proving that enthusiasm still very much exists among the grassroots.

5) I'm not a sellout who gives up before the game is over.

6) I personally want Ron Paul to run as an independent as I believe he, above all else in the nation, is best suited to run as a credible independent: something like, "I tried my best to run for the Republican party nomination, but clearly the republican party has lost its way and is nominating a neocon instead of a republican. Because my supporters demand it, because I demand it and because the American people deserve a real alternative to the nonsense they've been offered, I've decided to run as an independent candidate for the office of the U.S. presidency."
By donating now, I'm contributing to his future independent run. Straight to heck with all of you non-supporters who think he should just give up now. I ask yet again, WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE???????? Go support Obama you sell outs.

I'll be donating on April 1st, because I'm foolish not to support Dr. Ron Paul.

WRellim
03-21-2008, 01:14 AM
I simply cannot believe some of you people. In an effort to clarify, here are just a few reasons why you should continue to donate to Ron Paul:

And a lot of us who live in the real world, cannot believe you're still mixing up your own Kool-Aid and drinking it so regularly.

1) Consider it a tip to the man who's done so much to change the way so many millions of people view their role as an American citizen, eg: "Ron Paul cured my apathy."

The campaign has already received over 34 MILLION dollars. And it was never supposed to be a "tip" -- it was supposed to be used for campaigning (you know, TV and RADIO ADS, campaign trips and candidate campaigning events... that kind of stuff).

2) This campaign is not over. Regardless of a win or loss, if the ten bucks I can afford to donate allows Ron Paul to campaign for another five goddamn minutes, it was worth every cent.

Ummm the "campaign" was actually over before it ever started. Majority of the money was squandered away WAY back in the 4th Qtr of 2007. After New Hampshire, the campaign staff basically just gave up (they were AND STILL ARE simply afraid of what y'all would do to them if they made it "officially over" -- hence all the ambiguous nonsense while they wait for you to just "get over it" and go home peaceable like.)

They have over $5 MILLION they are currently sitting on. If all you can afford is $10... seriously don't bother, as that isn't even going to buy Kent Snyder a single lunch, and certainly won't to anything to "extend" the campaign.

3) Why are we here? To support Ron Paul, or to complain and start juvenil message board flame wars? I for one am a Ron Paul supporter, and I will be one until this campaign is utterly and bitterly finished. ie: it is not finished yet.

Again, it basically IS done. The fact that you refuse to accept that does not change reality.

4) To show my support for Ron Paul, so he knows we're still out here, spreading the message and proving that enthusiasm still very much exists among the grassroots.

WOW... I'm sure he's real impressed... so impressed that... well, what exactly is this expected to accomplish again?

Implying that everyone else *IS* a sellout.

Not buying it bud. I'll stack my early membership in the 2300 club, along with the host of other work I've done against your day-late-and-dollar-short $10 donation on April fool's day anytime. (BTW, last year -- on April 1, 2007 -- I donated $500 -- if you're REALLY all in for this why not match that?)

6) I personally want Ron Paul to run as an independent as I believe he, above all else in the nation, is best suited to run as a credible independent: something like, "I tried my best to run for the Republican party nomination, but clearly the republican party has lost its way and is nominating a neocon instead of a republican. Because my supporters demand it, because I demand it and because the American people deserve a real alternative to the nonsense they've been offered, I've decided to run as an independent candidate for the office of the U.S. presidency."
By donating now, I'm contributing to his future independent run. Straight to heck with all of you non-supporters who think he should just give up now. I ask yet again, WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE???????? Go support Obama you sell outs.

All of which means you have NOT BEEN PAYING ATTENTION! There will be no "independent run" -- Ron has stated this personally time and time again.

Quit insulting people because they do not agree with your personal pipe-dreams!

Actually you are donating on April 1st because you are living in a world of self-delusion and denial... DEAL WITH IT... and if necessary, go get some help.

Andrew76
03-21-2008, 01:43 AM
And a lot of us who live in the real world, cannot believe you're still mixing up your own Kool-Aid and drinking it so regularly.

The campaign has already received over 34 MILLION dollars. And it was never supposed to be a "tip" -- it was supposed to be used for campaigning (you know, TV and RADIO ADS, campaign trips and candidate campaigning events... that kind of stuff).

Ummm the "campaign" was actually over before it ever started. Majority of the money was squandered away WAY back in the 4th Qtr of 2007. After New Hampshire, the campaign staff basically just gave up (they were AND STILL ARE simply afraid of what y'all would do to them if they made it "officially over" -- hence all the ambiguous nonsense while they wait for you to just "get over it" and go home peaceable like.)

They have over $5 MILLION they are currently sitting on. If all you can afford is $10... seriously don't bother, as that isn't even going to buy Kent Snyder a single lunch, and certainly won't to anything to "extend" the campaign.

Again, it basically IS done. The fact that you refuse to accept that does not change reality.

WOW... I'm sure he's real impressed... so impressed that... well, what exactly is this expected to accomplish again?

Implying that everyone else *IS* a sellout.

Not buying it bud. I'll stack my early membership in the 2300 club, along with the host of other work I've done against your day-late-and-dollar-short $10 donation on April fool's day anytime. (BTW, last year -- on April 1, 2007 -- I donated $500 -- if you're REALLY all in for this why not match that?)

All of which means you have NOT BEEN PAYING ATTENTION! There will be no "independent run" -- Ron has stated this personally time and time again.

Quit insulting people because they do not agree with your personal pipe-dreams!

Actually you are donating on April 1st because you are living in a world of self-delusion and denial... DEAL WITH IT... and if necessary, go get some help.

Gosh, .....yer totally right! I'm so glad you were here, setting the record straight for folks like me. It's cool though that you're still hanging around, just for that reason, since you clearly know that the campaign is over. It's great that even though there's no hope whatsoever of Ron Paul even wiping his ass correctly in the next year, that you're still here reminding everyone that "the campaign is over." Your dedication to the "hey the campaign is over" cause is seriously impressive! Kudos to you and your hard work, sir! Please, stay here as LONG AS POSSIBLE and KEEP ON REMINDING US that you think the Ron Paul campaign was a total failure. It accomplishes a lot.... wait..
... hmm, no... wait.... actually no, ..... Hey, wait a sec,... what the f*ck are you still doing here? No, seriously, I'm talking to you. What are you doing here? Hello? Are you listening? One more time: What. Are. You. Doing. Here?

You clearly have given up. We get it. You think the campaign has tanked, and all who continue to support Ron Paul are delusional. Fine, think what you want, but... what does that make you,... if you're still here? Jesus man, get a hobby.

I'm here because I support Ron Paul. You're here to joust with Ron Paul supporters who want to continue to support Ron Paul and his message, no matter what. That makes me a die hard fan, and you.... well, you're just a negative jerk.
Your presence here is confusing... you've given up on the campaign, but you're still hanging around. Why? What are YOU waiting for?

And you also need some english lessons since Ron Paul has, in a technical sense, never said "No," to an indy run. That is just a plain old fact. He's said, "Well.. I just can't see myself doing that, the process is difficult, etc., etc." Or sometimes just, "No, I have no interest in doing so." Which is about as close to "no" as you can get without actually saying it. BUT, even if he did say "NO! Never, ever, ever, ever."
There's nothing wrong with dedicated supporters trying to convince the man otherwise. I'm sorry if my feelings on the matter don't totally jive with yours, but friend, that's just life.

What I simply cannot understand is how my supporting the idea of an indy run by Ron Paul is somehow hurting you. What do you care if he does or doesn't? You've GIVEN UP! Seriously, why are you still here? Truly baffling to all of us.

And by the way, my "10 bucks" is all I can afford at the moment, Mr. "I joined in September 2007." May I direct your attention to my "May 2007" join up date. I win. Now, if you're done comparing penis sizes, please, enlighten us all.... what are you doing here?

uncollapse
03-21-2008, 01:51 AM
it is amazing that you people always like to fight over things of this sort.

GoPaul08
03-21-2008, 01:54 AM
I have SERIOUSLY doubts on that officla report on his cash on hand. Unless he has been taking some donations on the sly. Because according to the ticker, he didn't get nearly as much as it claims in February

Andrew76
03-21-2008, 01:56 AM
it is amazing that you people always like to fight over things of this sort.

To be honest, I don't enjoy it at all. I find it enormously frustrating. All I'm saying is this: If you feel the campaign is over, and all hope is lost, fine. You're entitled to that opinion. And in fact, it is more than likely that Ron Paul's only win will be his recently re-won congressional seat. Fine. But if that's how a person feels, and they're no longer a Ron Paul supporter, what in god's name are they still doing here, stirring up trouble??? Can you say, troll?

GoPaul08
03-21-2008, 01:56 AM
Gosh, .....yer totally right! I'm so glad you were here, setting the record straight for folks like me. It's cool though that you're still hanging around, just for that reason, since you clearly know that the campaign is over. It's great that even though there's no hope whatsoever of Ron Paul even wiping his ass correctly in the next year, that you're still here reminding everyone that "the campaign is over." Your dedication to the "hey the campaign is over" cause is seriously impressive! Kudos to you and your hard work, sir! Please, stay here as LONG AS POSSIBLE and KEEP ON REMINDING US that you think the Ron Paul campaign was a total failure. It accomplishes a lot.... wait..
... hmm, no... wait.... actually no, ..... Hey, wait a sec,... what the f*ck are you still doing here? No, seriously, I'm talking to you. What are you doing here? Hello? Are you listening? One more time: What. Are. You. Doing. Here?

You clearly have given up. We get it. You think the campaign has tanked, and all who continue to support Ron Paul are delusional. Fine, think what you want, but... what does that make you,... if you're still here? Jesus man, get a hobby.

I'm here because I support Ron Paul. You're here to joust with Ron Paul supporters who want to continue to support Ron Paul and his message, no matter what. That makes me a die hard fan, and you.... well, you're just a negative jerk.
Your presence here is confusing... you've given up on the campaign, but you're still hanging around. Why? What are YOU waiting for?

And you also need some english lessons since Ron Paul has, in a technical sense, never said "No," to an indy run. That is just a plain old fact. He's said, "Well.. I just can't see myself doing that, the process is difficult, etc., etc." Or sometimes just, "No, I have no interest in doing so." Which is about as close to "no" as you can get without actually saying it. BUT, even if he did say "NO! Never, ever, ever, ever."
There's nothing wrong with dedicated supporters trying to convince the man otherwise. I'm sorry if my feelings on the matter don't totally jive with yours, but friend, that's just life.

What I simply cannot understand is how my supporting the idea of an indy run by Ron Paul is somehow hurting you. What do you care if he does or doesn't? You've GIVEN UP! Seriously, why are you still here? Truly baffling to all of us.

And by the way, my "10 bucks" is all I can afford at the moment, Mr. "I joined in September 2007." May I direct your attention to my "May 2007" join up date. I win. Now, if you're done comparing penis sizes, please, enlighten us all.... what are you doing here?

But actually, you ARE delusional. You are depserately grasping for straws. OK...so he technically hasn't said hte exact words of "I will not run as an independent". But anyone whose brain is still functional (apparently you are not part of this group) can put two and two together and see that he is CLEARLY saying that.

What is life like in your black and white alternate reality?

Andrew76
03-21-2008, 02:04 AM
"But actually, you ARE delusional. You are depserately grasping for straws. OK...so he technically hasn't said hte exact words of "I will not run as an independent". But anyone whose brain is still functional (apparently you are not part of this group) can put two and two together and see that he is CLEARLY saying that.

What is life like in your black and white alternate reality?"

:D HAHAH.... Well then sir, I ask you the same question: What are you still doing here? You think the campaign is over, there's no hope of an indy run, yet you're still here. Why? What does that make you? And I'm sorry you don't understand the meaning of the word, "delusional," but you're wrong. Ron Paul, WHENEVER he's been asked about an indy run has never, and I mean NEVER said, "unequivocally NO." I don't have the time or the interest to post the hundreds of youtube vids/print interviews to prove my case, but, seriously, do your homework tiger. And, as I said - but will repeat for you - even if he did say "Absolutely not. Never, ever, ever,".... Please, for the love of sanity, explain to me - in detail - how it hurts YOU if I and others like me, wish to try our hand at perhaps convincing the man otherwise? No one can explain this to me, and I assume you won't/can't either. You people blow my mind.

Bubba
03-21-2008, 03:51 AM

QFT

7) to show the campaign that we are still here, alive and kicking

8) to show America that we are still here, alive and kicking

9) to show the world that we are still here, alive and kicking

Bubba
03-21-2008, 03:58 AM
PS Andrew76, you slay me!! Keep up the passion Bro!! and way to call out the trolls. Bitches.

RonPaulVolunteer
03-21-2008, 10:11 AM
bump

ronpaulhawaii
03-21-2008, 10:22 AM
QFT

7) to show the campaign that we are still here, alive and kicking

8) to show America that we are still here, alive and kicking

9) to show the world that we are still here, alive and kicking

+$20.08

GoldStan
03-21-2008, 10:56 AM
They don't get another dime from me after wasting cash and paying staff salaries to do nothing.

It doesn't matter for the folks still living in fantasy-brokeredconvention-secretplan-land though.

ronpaulhawaii
03-21-2008, 11:07 AM
They don't get another dime from me after wasting cash and paying staff salaries to do nothing.

It doesn't matter for the folks still living in fantasy-brokeredconvention-secretplan-land though.

Your broad-brush paints unremarkable splooge :rolleyes:

I intend on sending a donation for this, because I like the date choice :p (and the reasons I quoted)

durden0
03-21-2008, 11:26 AM
how about we donate to Murray Sabrin? Or BJ Lawson? Maybe Jim Forsythe? Or perhaps Ami Singh. Brent Sanders is running too. And Vern McKinley could use some cash.

Spend money on the candidates who can take the message into office.

This guy has it. There are quite a few ron paul republicans running out there who will carry the message. Ron Paul could definitely use some friends on the hill next year. Help him by giving him a base in congress.