PDA

View Full Version : An Icy Revolution

Nate K
03-20-2008, 07:12 PM
Some of you may be aware that there is a good chance that we are going into an ice age, either from lack of sunspots or because of the inevitable cycle that exists. (iceagenow.com)

If this is so, sea levels drop because places like northern America and canada become glacial. They drop so much that I believe in 30,000 BC, our ancestors built land bridges from Africa to the Americas and Australia (could also be partly due to continental shifts).

Look into Atlantis, there's a lot of civilizations under the sea. What does that mean if we are headed into an Ice Age? More land. (just not north!)

What we should consider is preparing to claim that new land if this is so. Nobody "owns" places like the Gulf of Mexico do they?

Feelgood
03-20-2008, 07:20 PM
Ummm is this for real?!

Nate K
03-20-2008, 07:22 PM
Ummm is this for real?!

Nope i just made this whole thread to trick you and you only, don't worry everyone, nothing to see here.

Acidlump
03-20-2008, 07:26 PM
lol, i just can't imagine what an ice age would be like in this age of technology. not that an ice age isn't possible. just seems strange because when I think of Ice ages i think about neanderthals. Interesting to think about at least.

Dreamofunity
03-20-2008, 07:29 PM
When does it predict it will hit fully? Are we talking a year, five, ten, a hundred?

Whether it be global warming, or global cooling, what really gets me is the f-cking with our weather. I can't even stand to go outside anymore because I have to look at the sky and all the fake clouds(chemtrails), they're getting bad here in Florida, and even though they may have beneficial reasons for it, no one talks about it and frankly I don't trust the government to do the right thing in a lot of situations.

Again, whether warming or cooling, somethings happening and changing with our weather, I'm open minded mainly because I only know what I'm told, and that isn't much. Got anything besides that website? it was poorly put together.

pcosmar
03-20-2008, 07:31 PM
There is more solid scientific evidence for this than there is for Global Warming.
http://www.dailytech.com/Temperature+Monitors+Report+Worldwide+Global+Cooli ng/article10866.htm

clintontj72
03-20-2008, 08:11 PM
Mexicans start worrying now...reverse immigration coming soon to a central American country near you :D

m72mc
03-20-2008, 08:20 PM
Itīs only a matter of time. But whatever happens, it will take thousands of years.

Nate K
03-20-2008, 08:22 PM
Itīs only a matter of time. But whatever happens, it will take thousands of years.

it takes less that 20 years. usually around 5 years.

m72mc
03-20-2008, 08:46 PM
it takes less that 20 years. usually around 5 years.

well depends on what you mean. Sunspots have already decreased in numbers.
it will probably get colder in a few years. But any major shifts as u talk about( new land) takes hundreds or thousands of years. We humans live so short lives compared to the earth cycles.

Hook
03-20-2008, 11:05 PM

Aren't you from Sweden? Seems like global warming would be a lot better for the Swedes than another ice age.

Hook
03-20-2008, 11:08 PM
well depends on what you mean. Sunspots have already decreased in numbers.
it will probably get colder in a few years. But any major shifts as u talk about( new land) takes hundreds or thousands of years. We humans live so short lives compared to the earth cycles.

Exactly right. Normal ice age cycles last about 20 to 30 thousand years. These changes are caused by the precession of our axis. Then there is a 100 thousand year great cycle that really changes the weather.

Anyway, the changes are almost unnoticable in human lifespan timescales.

m72mc
03-20-2008, 11:08 PM
Aren't you from Sweden? Seems like global warming would be a lot better for the Swedes than another ice age.

well itīs not like I can affect the eventual coming ice age anyway, besides I wonīt live long enough to feel much effect, unless I set a new record.

But yeah, Iīm enjoying the warm weather these last years. But I doubt it has anything to do with cows producing to much butane gas.

old article (my time) not very old in earths time:says; Next ice age is 15,000 years off
http://www.abc.net.au/science/news/stories/s1128898.htm

Feelgood
03-21-2008, 12:31 AM
Curious, what exactly do spoof posts have to do with Ron Paul or the grassroots movement??

GoPaul08
03-21-2008, 01:58 AM
Wow...it is nice to see your complete lack of reality extends to things other than politics. "Good chance" of going into an ice age?

LOVE to see an expert make those claims. (And NAte, you are about as far from an expert on ANYTHING as you can get.)

Andrew76
03-21-2008, 02:22 AM
Wow...it is nice to see your complete lack of reality extends to things other than politics. "Good chance" of going into an ice age?

LOVE to see an expert make those claims. (And NAte, you are about as far from an expert on ANYTHING as you can get.)

Yeahhhh boyeeee! Go get em' GOPAUL! You sure showed em there!

TheTyke
03-21-2008, 02:27 AM
This is a dream for me. I love snow and ice, and hate the sweltering summers in Kentucky (I know it gets worse, but I work in a factory that's warmer inside than out usually).

But I don't really want to leave my family so... I hope there's a new ice age :D

acroso
03-21-2008, 02:55 AM
Even if there was a ice age, the ice only moves south at a rate of 150 ft per year...so it won't happen very quickly.

m72mc
03-21-2008, 06:56 AM
Curious, what exactly do spoof posts have to do with Ron Paul or the grassroots movement??

The spoof is the notion that global warming is man made in any big part. There is no conclusive proof of that. The sun has more sunspots and gets warmer in intervals, and right now the sunspots have decreased, meaning it will get colder in the solar system in the future. An even bigger spoof is that a man gets the Nobel prize for a movie that is so full of errors, that it has been ruled by a judge not fit to be shown in schools without corrections.
So we are indeed headed for a colder period, although how fast and for how long, no one can say.
To get an ice age some believe the earths axis has to be tilted also, but Iīm sure no one knows for sure. This is cause the magnetic field supposedly affects how much solar irradiation hits the earth.
Though when the sun gets warmer the whole solar system gets warmer, which should rule out any fear itīs all man made.
As Ron Paul has said we need more research in this area.
The same people that screams carbon tax now to scare us, probably will scream something else to stir up fear regarding any eventual ice age coming also, should the earth cool down.

I for one wonīt get all stirred up, cause I know the sun is not a constant, but shifts in intensity.