PDA

View Full Version : So what does all this good news mean??

shagywashere
03-20-2008, 06:44 PM
The changes in Alaskan Republican party and the St Peter's convention or something like that, what does all this mean. We changed the rules to make them oppose the income tax, The Fed, War in Iraq and other things, but what does it really mean and accomplish? Does this mean that all Alaskan Republicans have to follow by this? I mean as of now Republicans don't follow their own party platform so changing it around isn't going to make them follow it all the sudden. Can someone explain this to me as I have really no idea whatsoever what this good news means.

Hook
03-20-2008, 11:11 PM
It means that we are keeping our eyes on them and they know we are a force to reckon with. At least in Alaska.

In MO, we basically have an outright majority, which basically allows us to choose all the delegates to national.

UK4Paul
03-21-2008, 07:38 AM
Unbound boing.

luke-gr
03-21-2008, 09:04 AM
Good question from the original poster. I am so encouraged to hear about the changes. It does mean that people have to stay involved and get more people involved or the status quo could easily return.

What do the resolutions and platforms mean? Are they general guidelines?

Lovecraftian4Paul
03-21-2008, 11:00 AM
It seems like the only progress these reforms will make at all will be at a very local level. The best thing to come out of a struggle within the GOP would be to split a chunk of the party off into forming a new one. Changing the larger party is almost completely contingent upon a McCain defeat, which isn't looking very likely right now with the implosion of the Democrats. If we want a Ron Paul like candidate in 2012, there will be no choice but to do a third party run. McCain or his Vice President will likely be running for re-election in 2012, and the two major parties never turn down an incumbent or a Vice President in their primaries.

bg1654
03-21-2008, 11:22 AM
It means that the revolution is on the move. We have got the ball rolling in the right direction. Now we just need to keep it going and push it faster if we can. Stay involved at the local level and put pressure on the GOP to adopt more true convservative ideals. You can make a difference.