PDA

View Full Version : nader at 5% minimum

kirkblitz
03-20-2008, 04:43 PM
http://www.boston.com/news/politics/politicalintelligence/2008/03/nader_making_pr.html

"Could the Nader nightmare be happening again to Democrats?

Ralph Nader's just-starting presidential campaign is bragging today about a poll released over the weekend that showed that the consumer activist and political gadfly would get 6 percent of the vote in a three-way race with Republican John McCain (45 percent) and Democrat Hillary Clinton (39 percent) and would get 5 percent in a contest with McCain (44 percent) and Democrat Barack Obama (39 percent).

Nader's support is enough to make a difference, and he takes more voters away from Democrats, according to Zogby International, which conducted the survey on March 13 and 14 (it has a margin of error of plus or minus 3.2 percentage points).

"Nader's presence in the race can potentially turn a lulu of a race into an absolute tizzy," pollster John Zogby said in a statement. "The messages to Democrats are clear -- number one, Nader may win enough support to get into the general election debates. Number two, what could be at risk is support among several key constituencies that the Democratic Party candidate will need to win in November, notably younger voters, independents, and progressives."

since SC doesnt allow write in votes for the president i just might have to vote nader.

PennCustom4RP
03-20-2008, 05:10 PM
This all may be true. Not all Americans, or dare I say most Americans are not happy with the 'presumed' three choices they have.
The more choices people have, the more they feel they've had a say, and the Happier they are.
Ron Paul also needs to run Independent, if for no other reason but to let us Americans feel that we had a choice, and the Duopoly was not shoved down out throats.

Chomsky
03-20-2008, 05:31 PM
three choices?...lets go ahead and make it four!

Paulitician
03-20-2008, 05:32 PM
WTF, I completely forgot he was even in this race.