PDA

View Full Version : Where is the MSM coverage of today's straw polls?

wgadget
08-18-2007, 08:09 PM
I went to CNN.com---nothing.

I went to foxnews.com--nothing.

Has anyone seen anything reported about this, other than the regular Ron Paul news sites?

Tell me this isn't really happening....Send me some links---PLEASE!

Nihilist23
08-18-2007, 08:16 PM
Let me bring you up to speed here:

- The MSM doesn't want Ron Paul to win and won't talk about him unless they absolutely have to. Two relatively small polls won't do that.

- We know the MSM has no credibility, so there's no reason to care what they report on. They're doing a bad job, so the best thing you do is ignore them, or if that doesn't suit you, call/e-mail to complain about it.

- Yes, it really is happening, but if he keeps winning polls it just makes it all the sweeter, does it not?

Nefertiti
08-18-2007, 08:21 PM
What he needs to ultimately win are those straw poll voters to go to the polls next year and vote for him, which they are proving to do. To me that is the true sign of his growing strength, not whether the media covers him.

He is getting more mentions on talk shows and getting interviews on interview shows in the last week. This is probably better than media spin stories anyway.

SWATH
08-18-2007, 08:24 PM
Send the stories to Tucker so at least he will be aware of them.

wgadget
08-18-2007, 08:29 PM
It seems that a RP caller got through to Hugh Hewitt today and told him that Ron won one of the straw polls...and he brushed it off by generally putting down the people of the state. I can't remember if it was Alabama or NH, but I'm thinking it was Alabama.

:(

trispear
08-18-2007, 08:32 PM
Old media serves its own interests, not the people's.

LibertyEagle
08-18-2007, 08:33 PM
It seems that a RP caller got through to Hugh Hewitt today and told him that Ron won one of the straw polls...and he brushed it off by generally putting down the people of the state. I can't remember if it was Alabama or NH, but I'm thinking it was Alabama.

:(

LOL! Let him keep it up. Can you imagine what the people of Alabama thought, when they heard him diss their state? C'mon, Hugh, PLEASE keep it up! :D

Wyurm
08-18-2007, 08:36 PM

Oh, yeah, and by the way giving alot of viewership and thanks to MSNBC is why they have started actually being supportive of Ron Paul. If we could just keep that up it would be awsome and if we could triple it, I'll bet MSNBC would become the Ron Paul supportive network.

quickmike
08-18-2007, 08:40 PM
I went to CNN.com---nothing.

I went to foxnews.com--nothing.

Has anyone seen anything reported about this, other than the regular Ron Paul news sites?

Tell me this isn't really happening....Send me some links---PLEASE!

Duh!!!! You guys still dont get it do you? They will NEVER give Ron Paul the airtime he deserves unless he actually gets the nomination. Their parent companies are directly connected to the military industrial complex and other big government lobbyists, therefore their interests are directly opposite of what Ron Paul stands for. Now do you understand why its up to the people and not the media to get the word out?

hard@work
08-19-2007, 01:09 AM
Their parent companies are directly connected to the military industrial complex and other big government lobbyists, therefore their interests are directly opposite of what Ron Paul stands for. Now do you understand why its up to the people and not the media to get the word out?

I really wish this wasn't true. It's so sad that this country has fallen into that. Thank God for new media, if the old guard won't re-establish the fourth estate then they will lose to it to those who will.

quickmike
08-19-2007, 01:27 AM
I really wish this wasn't true. It's so sad that this country has fallen into that. Thank God for new media, if the old guard won't re-establish the fourth estate then they will lose to it to those who will.

Just relying on the new media wont win it either because that only represents about half the population that uses the internet for their political news. What about the others? We must use word of mouth and knocking on doors to get to the rest. If we are too lazy to do that, we lose............ Period.

Matt Collins
08-19-2007, 02:12 AM
A few hundred votes in a non-legal straw poll isn't worth reporting on unless it's a VERY slow news day. Also keep in mind, very little fresh news is released on the weekends because all of the full-time people are usually off. I part-time as a talk radio producer so I feel qualified to comment

Lord Xar
08-19-2007, 02:19 AM
I work in the IT world.. very smart people who get their news on the Internet. Youtube/Myspace/lewrockwell etc... those places are NOT news sources for the majority of internet users..

The Globalists OWN the Old Media, and they pretty much own the New media as it stands now. These big internet news companies want globalism too...

When i asked a very smart man at my work, who I know is political. "so have you ever heard of Ron Paul... no, only on some bumper stickers.." that was it.

I know you all think we kick ass on the internet, and we do for the people "in the know"... but for the masses, nope.

I mean, some person just hit up a Allman Brothers concert, most of them have not heard of Ron Paul.. also, when calls were put to Iowa.. most of the college campuses.. too..why? Because to find Ron Paul you must "search".. and most poeple on the internet do NOT search..

WE HAVE TO PUT FEET TO THE GROUND. That is the only way....

fj45lvr
08-19-2007, 03:07 AM
what percentage of Americans are even on the internet???

the "old guard" media is still the KING reigning supreme..... hopefully its days are numbered.

there are still alot of Americans that don't even use a computer or know how to use a computer.

Man from La Mancha
08-19-2007, 03:18 AM
We need an awesome DVD to work on non RP fans tested on people that haven't heard of Paul. To spread far and wide. Sevenate so far has done a good job putting the clearest YouTubes together but still it is for fans. I'm ready to go crazy to spread one but haven't found a mesmerizing emotional one to do that. A hard task. It is easy to criticize,I know, But I want a DVD so bad. And a long one is good broken in segments.

Razmear
08-19-2007, 03:24 AM
Buy cheap infomercial spots, there are lots of insomniacs out there, and those spots can't cost too much on networks like Chiller and such. Check local channel rates too.
If we can produce radio and newspaper ads, we should be able to fill up 28 minutes of an infomercial.

eb

freedom_junkie
08-19-2007, 05:50 AM
Can I just say that Huckabee was on the Colbert report and asked who are you most afraid will gain on you from your rear view mirror, he said and I quote "Ron Paul"

Sean
08-19-2007, 06:46 AM
The Alabama straw poll gained some local media attention. The NH one that had Dr. Paul, Huckabee and Tancredo in attendance hasn't had any news item at all that I can find.

Alabama Supporter
08-19-2007, 06:50 AM
The Tuscaloosa News probably has a readership of 30,000+ maybe.

http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/article/20070819/NEWS/708190370/1007

Sematary
08-19-2007, 07:01 AM
I work in the IT world.. very smart people who get their news on the Internet. Youtube/Myspace/lewrockwell etc... those places are NOT news sources for the majority of internet users..

The Globalists OWN the Old Media, and they pretty much own the New media as it stands now. These big internet news companies want globalism too...

When i asked a very smart man at my work, who I know is political. "so have you ever heard of Ron Paul... no, only on some bumper stickers.." that was it.

I know you all think we kick ass on the internet, and we do for the people "in the know"... but for the masses, nope.

I mean, some person just hit up a Allman Brothers concert, most of them have not heard of Ron Paul.. also, when calls were put to Iowa.. most of the college campuses.. too..why? Because to find Ron Paul you must "search".. and most poeple on the internet do NOT search..

WE HAVE TO PUT FEET TO THE GROUND. That is the only way....

Then we need to put it in front of them on the internet as well. Banner ads, google ads, etc... etc... etc...

Pharoah
08-19-2007, 07:36 AM
The old media works for its advertisers - not for the public. They are purely about profit. The only way Ron Paul would get major coverage is by literally throwing money at them... and since Ron is the only one that cares about the people's money - that ain't gonna happen.

By contrast, Romney is cunning enough to grease the wheels...

Republican Presidential Candidate Mitt Romney placed more local
TV advertisements than all other candidates combined, with 4,549 ads, mostly on local broadcast television, through June 10 according to The Nielsen Company.

http://www.businessweek.com/the_thread/brandnewday/archives/2007/07/romneycan_buy_m.html

^^ This gives Romney leverage - he can threaten to stop buying advertising with a given network if he doesn't like the coverage he receives. The sales team panics and whines to the manager - pretty soon, the talking heads are told to find ways to drop Romney's name into the conversation in a positive way. It isn't fair or ethical, but that's the old media for you. So you can see that it's not in their interests to promote someone like Ron Paul if they can possibly avoid it.

jasonhlasvegas
08-19-2007, 08:07 AM
We don't need the media. We have justintv, meetup, forums like these, and big DVD duplicators.

ZandarKoad
08-19-2007, 08:19 AM
I don't know about you guys, but...

I KNOW WHERE AMERICANS LIVE.

Get a street map and START GOING DOOR TO DOOR! It's cheap, it's effective, it's fun, it's good excercise, anyone can do it.

See how Milwaukee's doing it. (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=70)

gtjwkq
08-19-2007, 08:34 AM
That's a great idea!

We should keep an eye open for major Ron Paul events and write down any blatant omissions. So far we had the Iowa Straw Poll reporting from Fox News (that screenshot with the poll results is PRICELESS), do you guys have any other strong examples? Post them here.

Collect every tangible evidence of news being suppressed on Congressman Ron Paul. If we have footage or reports contradicting them, all the better.

When we have enough for a good story, tell Colbert or Jon Stewart about it.

Mainstream media being so blatantly manipulative is something worth making fun of, and we know Comedy Central has no problem making fun of the media as well.

LibertyEagle
08-19-2007, 08:36 AM
We need an awesome DVD to work on non RP fans tested on people that haven't heard of Paul. To spread far and wide. Sevenate so far has done a good job putting the clearest YouTubes together but still it is for fans. I'm ready to go crazy to spread one but haven't found a mesmerizing emotional one to do that. A hard task. It is easy to criticize,I know, But I want a DVD so bad. And a long one is good broken in segments.

Yes, there are several DVDs out there. I haven't looked at all of them. Having a good quality DVD we can massively dup and distribute, seems to me like it would be a very important effort. Should we try to get this done?

ButchHowdy
08-19-2007, 08:43 AM
There's still Boortz, Hannity, Limbaugh, Ingraham, and Savage tomorrow!!

Not?

torchbearer
08-19-2007, 08:58 AM
NBC in Alabama did story: http://www.nbc13.com/gulfcoastwest/vtm/news.apx.-content-articles-VTM-2007-08-18-0008.html

torchbearer
08-19-2007, 08:59 AM
updated version of another story that came out last night. looks revised.
http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/article/20070819/NEWS/708190370/1010/NEWS05

Scribbler de Stebbing
08-19-2007, 09:37 AM
Duh!!!! You guys still dont get it do you? They will NEVER give Ron Paul the airtime he deserves unless he actually gets the nomination.

You think they'll give him airtime if he wins the nomination? Puhleeeese.

Sometime around August 2008 . . . "The Presidential candidates face off tonight in their first one-on-one debate, Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton vs. Independent Rudy Giuliani, the Republicans having failed to nominate a candidate."

llamabread
08-19-2007, 10:00 AM
The Birmingham News Sunday Paper didn't have anything about the straw poll. I'm writing a letter to the editor now expressing my disgust.

Estanislao
08-19-2007, 10:14 AM
If Ron wins the poll, the poll isn't important.
If Ron doesn't win, the poll is taken much more seriously.

I guess we're just the internet.

ah spin, gotta love it.
Keep sticking it in their face.

I'm keeping track of all the wins and all the online polls, and it's getting EXTREMELY impressive.

http://www.roncan.com