PDA

View Full Version : Am I free to go?

MrKoffee
03-20-2008, 08:31 AM
This has been posted here before but I think it is essential to keep fresh in the minds of liberty loving Americans. This is what we are fighting against. Government tyranny on all levels. Checkpoints have already come to America under the guise of a variety of other reasons. This one brave American who was once arrested in such a scenario now is very cautious telling officers only what he has to (NOTHING!) and using the 5th amendment to spare himself from unreasonable questioning. This guy has a real set of balls to be able to stand up to the DHS at these checkpoints.

Here is the link, enjoy! http://www.youtube.com/user/CheckpointUSA

Lucille
03-20-2008, 08:42 AM
I've seen those videos. That guy has massive cahones.

Everyone should go to his site and see what those jack-booted "border patrol" thugs are up to.

pacelli
03-20-2008, 08:52 AM
The "Day 5" video has a particularly frightening verbal exchange and show of force. Notice how the Border Patrol agent continues repeating the same phrase, "Good afternoon sir, US Border Patrol, of what country are you a citizen?". She doesn't answer his questions, "What is your name?" "Am I being detained?". She just parrots the same phrase over & over again. Meanwhile 12 agents surround his vehicle and start taking pictures of him as they wave to his camera.

The sick thing is that we now view the guy's behavior as courageous when in fact he has no obligation to answer her questions or cooperate with the checkpoint procedures. Give them an inch, they take a mile. No american has to cooperate with the procedures. Their mental conditioning of the public is evidently working. Let's just cooperate and answer their questions so we don't cause a problem.

SneakyFrenchSpy
03-20-2008, 08:53 AM
Make sure you guys check out video blogs for day 1 & 3. They're quite the eye-openers. If everyone were aware of their rights and started behaving that way, they'd see how futile this whole charade is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6uw7506xMw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irYJVn2k6zU&feature=related

Lucille
03-20-2008, 09:30 AM
Here's a reason piece on it. It's not just humans they're looking for.

Human Contraband, Pot Residue, Whatever (http://www.reason.com/blog/show/125554.html)

But the vast majority of people getting busted at checkpoints in Arizona near Yuma aren't smugglers or illegal immigrants. They aren't even big-shot partiers like Lil Wayne. They're just average people who happen to be carrying a smidgen of marijuana in their vehicles.

If you're boycotting reason, here's the Phoenix New Times story:

Border Patrol checkpoints near Yuma nab hordes of pot users headed back from the beach (http://phoenixnewtimes.com/2008-03-13/news/border-patrol-checkpoints-near-yuma-nab-hordes-of-pot-users-headed-back-from-the-beach/full#comments)

The small sedan slowed as it approached the U.S. Border Patrol checkpoint on a deserted section of Interstate 8 east of Yuma. The car contained three middle-age women on their way back to the Valley after a planning retreat in San Diego.

[...]

Mary, the oldest of the group, was driving. She didn't sweat the traffic stop as her car rolled up. She'd been through this same movable checkpoint along the stretch of I-8 East before and had never had a problem.

This time, something was different. She noticed that the checkpoint seemed better staffed than usual. One green-shirted agent manned a small, white booth while others milled about near tents, office-trailers, and patrol cars. Another agent walked a dog, which held its snout high as it sniffed along a line of slowing vehicles.

As Mary's sedan neared, the dog tensed as if it had seen a rabbit, straining at its leash and jerking its human handler forward. Mary was told to park her car under a large canopy to the right of the road. An agent walked up to the driver's-side window and asked her if she would consent to a search of the vehicle.

"This was pretty intimidating," she recalls. "They had guns and were wearing fatigues. We're three little ladies from Phoenix who are calm, peaceful people."

dannno
03-20-2008, 10:08 AM

Lois
03-20-2008, 10:09 AM
Sorry, but I'm confused:confused:

I just watched the video of the guy giving the Border Patrol a hard time.

I thought 'we' hate Illegal Immigration. And we hate Amnesty. The Illegal Immigrants are ruining our sovereignty, etc.

So if they are 'border patrol', does that mean they are stopping people along the Mexican Border, and trying to find Illegal Immigrants. Isn't that a good thing?

How can we 'round up' Illegal Immigrants if we can't patrol the borders?

Lois

SneakyFrenchSpy
03-20-2008, 10:13 AM
Sorry, but I'm confused:confused:

I just watched the video of the guy giving the Border Patrol a hard time.

I thought 'we' hate Illegal Immigration. And we hate Amnesty. The Illegal Immigrants are ruining our sovereignty, etc.

So if they are 'border patrol', does that mean they are stopping people along the Mexican Border, and trying to find Illegal Immigrants. Isn't that a good thing?

How can we 'round up' Illegal Immigrants if we can't patrol the borders?

Lois

From the video description:

This internal suspicionless Homeland Security checkpoint took place on Southern Arizona's SR86 near Mile Post 146 on January 8, 2008.

The location is over 40 miles North of the Southern Border on a highway that never intersects the border.

So if the checkpoint is 40 miles away from the border, what's stopping them from extending that to 100 miles? Then 250? Then 500? And before you know it, these could be all over from ND to TX and everywhere in between.

Where do you draw the line? Border Patrol should be for just that purpose: PATROLLING THE BORDER, not the highways inside the country.

MrKoffee
03-20-2008, 10:15 AM
As someone just posted. It isn't a border. These have been popping up in the southern united states and even in some Northern ones as well. Random police checkpoints under the guise of border security or whatever else they're using? This isn't America.

kigol
03-20-2008, 10:23 AM
:)