PDA

View Full Version : Why RP is not in Pennsylvania?

VoteForRonPaul
03-20-2008, 03:20 AM
With 5.5 Million dollars in hand and this campaign is failing to ship Ron Paul to Pennsylvania. Click here (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=129419) and here
Ron Paul coming events (http://www.ronpaul2008.com/events/)

wgadget
03-20-2008, 07:32 AM
Well, I see that he'll be on with Kudlow tomorrow. From what I've heard from Kudlow, he's just another neocon apologist who thinks the economy is fine.

Should be interesting if you happen to tune in. I guess the show is on from 10:00-1:00pm.

ItsTime
03-20-2008, 07:33 AM
It costs money to run as an indie

VoteForRonPaul
03-20-2008, 07:56 AM
Well, I see that he'll be on with Kudlow tomorrow. From what I've heard from Kudlow, he's just another neocon apologist who thinks the economy is fine.

Should be interesting if you happen to tune in. I guess the show is on from 10:00-1:00pm.
Who cares about Kudlow:confused: I already memorized RP's message and I can tell you what he is going to say :o
But the question now how we are going to utilize the next 5 months in order to spread the message in the next states while we have such lazy campaign?

brandon
03-20-2008, 08:22 AM
With 5.5 Million dollars in hand and this campaign is failing to ship Ron Paul to Pennsylvania. Click here (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=129419) and here
Ron Paul coming events (http://www.ronpaul2008.com/events/)

Do they really still have 5.5 on hand?

Not only are they not shipping RP to PA, they also are not sending any funding whatsoever.

kigol
03-20-2008, 08:37 AM
:(

MikeSmith
03-20-2008, 10:11 AM
Ron Paul has stated that he will campaign in Pennsylvania. He does have a job as a Congressional Representative though, so I don't know how much time he will spend there.

Posting this again:

Winning is now up to supporters becoming delegates, unbinding themselves from voting for McCain, and showing up en masse. The campaign believes advertising will do very little now. They are mostly correct, however, I think running the high tide ad once would be a worthy effort, as it would galvanize supporters, bring new people to research Paul, and help to change some of the pre-conceived perceptions of others. I believe they will send the left-over funds to a PAC, which could finance Ron Paul Republicans and maybe start a new organization or something.

coffeewithchess
03-20-2008, 10:37 AM
Ron Paul has stated that he will campaign in Pennsylvania. He does have a job as a Congressional Representative though, so I don't know how much time he will spend there.

Posting this again:

Winning is now up to supporters becoming delegates, unbinding themselves from voting for McCain, and showing up en masse. The campaign believes advertising will do very little now. They are mostly correct, however, I think running the high tide ad once would be a worthy effort, as it would galvanize supporters, bring new people to research Paul, and help to change some of the pre-conceived perceptions of others. I believe they will send the left-over funds to a PAC, which could finance Ron Paul Republicans and maybe start a new organization or something.

Yea, well if RP didn't have a book that is coming out next month, I would have assumed he had other things more important to do like...voting in Congress, but considering he has a book coming out next month, I would like to know how he has had time to write a book with his busy schedule.

WRellim
03-20-2008, 10:41 AM
Do they really still have 5.5 on hand?

Not only are they not shipping RP to PA, they also are not sending any funding whatsoever.

According to the report filed by the campaign with the FEC, they still had $5,570,164.63 in cash on hand as of end of day 2/29/2008.

Go LOOK at the breakdown here: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=129419

Or directly at the source: http://query.nictusa.com/cgi-bin/dcdev/forms/C00432914/327711/

durden0
03-20-2008, 10:52 AM
Yea, well if RP didn't have a book that is coming out next month, I would have assumed he had other things more important to do like...voting in Congress, but considering he has a book coming out next month, I would like to know how he has had time to write a book with his busy schedule.

This is bigger than just the campaign. That book is important to the movement going forward. As has been revealed, there are plans in the works for the next phase of the revolution. Visiting Pennsylvania just simply isn't as important as continuing on to the next step at this point in time.

coffeewithchess
03-20-2008, 10:57 AM
This is bigger than just the campaign. That book is important to the movement going forward. As has been revealed, there are plans in the works for the next phase of the revolution. Visiting Pennsylvania just simply isn't as important as continuing on to the next step at this point in time.

Yea, this is bigger than the campaign, but the fact is the campaign had over $5 million at the end of February...if RP is staying in the race, he should act like it. If he wants to start a revolution, drop out and go direct it(even better, buy an island with the money, and start a nation, at least then we can say the revolution created a new nation and the campaign would have something to show for all the money they spent)...I just hope none of his main staffers are in charge of helping with the revolution.

tangent4ronpaul
03-20-2008, 11:03 AM
umm - maybe because he's in his 70's and has been working the equivalent of 16 hour, 7 days a week shifts for the past year+? The guy is not a rag doll you drag around! He needs time to rest and recuperate! - give him a break, it's called BURNOUT!

-n

mountaineer
03-20-2008, 11:11 AM
umm - maybe because he's in his 70's and has been working the equivalent of 16 hour, 7 days a week shifts for the past year+? The guy is not a rag doll you drag around! He needs time to rest and recuperate! - give him a break, it's called BURNOUT!

-n

QFT. This has been a do-it-yourself campaign from day one. Dont expect any big surprises from HQ, as they are probably packing their stuff. I look forward to Ron's new book, but Im not really looking forward to his expected 5% haul in PA.

Good luck tho.

tangent4ronpaul
03-20-2008, 11:20 AM
Dont expect any big surprises from HQ, as they are probably packing their stuff.

The reality is somewhere in the middle, but I can't say more till I get an OK...

You may be happily surprised!

That OK may never come, too - and you'll just have to take this "hint" and wait it out to see what happens. It's not as bleak as you paint it!

-n

VoteForRonPaul
03-20-2008, 11:21 AM
.........He does have a job as a Congressional Representative though, so I don't know how much time he will spend there............

For you to say this statement as a supporter or a grassroots activist is another proof of the failure of this campaign, simply because it failed to communicate with the supporters and and failed to let them know how much time their candidate has in order to campaign in the coming state.
30 days and PA's primary is going to start and we the grassroots do not know anything about the secretive plan of the so called official campaign. This is a shame on them! If they do not know how to operate a successful campaign then please leave it for those people who know!

Last month I created a poll to test if the people trust the official campaign. Take a look at the results (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=113968).

tangent4ronpaul
03-20-2008, 12:50 PM
I did see something about his going to PA, but Congress is on vacation, I believe. Give the guy a vacation!

I think he will be up there when he's in the area - 2+ weeks from now, but before the primaries.

-n

VoteForRonPaul
03-20-2008, 12:55 PM
I did see something about his going to PA, but Congress is on vacation, I believe. Give the guy a vacation!

I think he will be up there when he's in the area - 2+ weeks from now, but before the primaries.

-n
I would love from the heart to see Ron Paul on a vacation!
But at the same time look what McCain is doing. He is allover the world. And we are helping him in doing so because our intelligent campaign chose to keep everything quite PERIOD

coffeewithchess
03-20-2008, 01:04 PM

-n

If John McCain wasn't over 70 and the fact he is probably in worse health conditions than RP for his age, I would agree with you...the fact is that RP visited states far fewer times than John McCain did.

tangent4ronpaul
03-20-2008, 02:21 PM
I would love from the heart to see Ron Paul on a vacation!
But at the same time look what McCain is doing. He is allover the world. And we are helping him in doing so because our intelligent campaign chose to keep everything quite PERIOD

Yeah VACATION!!!! - Paul DESERVES IT!!!!!!!!!!!

McCain is in the middle east... I'm not going to say another word about this beyond he's an IDIOT for fear of ending up in a DHS internment camp with no charges filed...

> the fact is that RP visited states far fewer times than John McCain did.

How many votes did McCain miss? and Paul? Some one has their priorities messed up and some one does not. Paul is not the one that has them messed up!

-n

GoPaul08
03-20-2008, 06:45 PM
I call bullshit on that number. He had $6 million on hand on February 1st. Do people really believe that he spent less than $1 million in all of February? Including the pre-Super Tuesday stuff? Because he has raised less than $1 million since that day.

And if he spent that little in February, he is basically stealing the money at this point.

ross11988
03-20-2008, 07:13 PM
I just got off the phone with the campaign. He was suppose to come last week but the national campaign screwed that up. He is suppose to be coming to Gettysberg and perhaps Penn State.

WRellim
03-20-2008, 09:18 PM
I call bullshit on that number. He had $6 million on hand on February 1st. Do people really believe that he spent less than $1 million in all of February? Including the pre-Super Tuesday stuff? Because he has raised less than $1 million since that day.

And if he spent that little in February, he is basically stealing the money at this point.

And I am sick of "bullshit slingers" who really do NOT have a clue what they are talking about. You are WRONG on all points.

Campaign had $5.5 MILLION on hand as of 2/29/2008.

How do I know... latest report by the campaign to the FEC:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=129419

Bro.Butch
03-20-2008, 10:52 PM
It's time you stopped drinking the kool aid people...

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=128370&page=26
03-16-2008, 06:14 PM

schvenzlerman
New Member About:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanBydlak
I don't have an answer to this question. Your best bet is to call the campaign and ask what his schedule will be in the coming weeks... 703-248-9115.

Ron's PA organization asked him just recently to visit PA. They scheduled a series of speeches and dinners, some of them geared toward fundraising for purchase of sample ballots for the delegate and alternate delegate candidates. Lew Moore declined all but a nostalgia visit to Ron's uber-liberal alma mater, Gettysburg College, and possibly Penn State. These will be small affairs and they'll do nothing whatsoever to help elect delegates.
Lew gave up right after NH, didn't he?

Why did Lew and Kent not step down in Aug. or Sept. and replace themselves with more competent persons? They were way over their heads, having had no experience whatsoever running anything remotely this large.
((***))== = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = == = = = = == = == ==

ALL Kool Aid drinkers please realize

This was the worse run campaign this cycle and one of the worst of all time. :confused::(:mad:
Moore and Snyder should have been fired the day after NH voted !:o:o:o
They should go down in infamy in all your minds as the two men most responsible for squandering the greatest grassroots effort in the history of the FREEDOM movement.:mad::(:mad:

VoteForRonPaul
03-21-2008, 07:39 PM
Bump, Why RP is not in Pennsylvania?

heartless
03-21-2008, 07:50 PM
bump

VoteForRonPaul
03-24-2008, 12:22 AM
Bump Bump Bump

Knightskye
03-24-2008, 01:21 AM
Hopefully his new book will get him some coverage - maybe another Colbert segment. :D Huckabee was on Colbert twice (once for each of his books; one titled: Stop Digging Your Grave With a Knife and Fork).

coffeewithchess
03-24-2008, 04:07 AM

Why did Lew and Kent not step down in Aug. or Sept. and replace themselves with more competent persons? They were way over their heads, having had no experience whatsoever running anything remotely this large.

This was the worse run campaign this cycle and one of the worst of all time. :confused::(:mad:
They should go down in infamy in all your minds as the two men most responsible for squandering the greatest grassroots effort in the history of the FREEDOM movement.:mad::(:mad:

Some people don't think that Lew Moore and Kent Snyder have done anything wrong...I'm of the opinion that if a campaign is doing poorly, the blame starts at the top. Even Hillary Clinton's Campaign Chairman or Manager stepped down(or was asked to step down) after Hillary's poor performance after Super Tuesday...

VoteForRonPaul
03-28-2008, 11:25 PM
Is Ron Paul there yet? :confused:

Midnight77
03-29-2008, 10:49 AM

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=128370&page=26
03-16-2008, 06:14 PM

schvenzlerman
New Member About:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanBydlak
I don't have an answer to this question. Your best bet is to call the campaign and ask what his schedule will be in the coming weeks... 703-248-9115.

Ron's PA organization asked him just recently to visit PA. They scheduled a series of speeches and dinners, some of them geared toward fundraising for purchase of sample ballots for the delegate and alternate delegate candidates. Lew Moore declined all but a nostalgia visit to Ron's uber-liberal alma mater, Gettysburg College, and possibly Penn State. These will be small affairs and they'll do nothing whatsoever to help elect delegates.
Lew gave up right after NH, didn't he?

I echo your sentiments entirely. After we were told that we would tip over the apple cart in New Hampshire, and then coming in 5th place, and actually doing better in Iowa? Give me a break.

It starts at the top. Kent and Lew need to be held accountable and Ron should be held accountable for not holding them accountable. The fact that Ron took no action at any time, when he realized how poorly he was doing, makes me question whether or not he truly wanted the Presidency.

MozoVote
03-29-2008, 11:48 AM
The fact that Ron took no action at any time, when he realized how poorly he was doing, makes me question whether or not he truly wanted the Presidency.

I've come to the same conclusions... Ron didn't really want to win. He always has been a reluctant candidate. I think he took it for granted that he'd get a sliver of the votes and his ideas would be carried on "Goldwater Style" to another presidential race.

He did say that "All of the money raised will be spent" - and I do hope he keeps his word after this convention, by helping other candidates.

Roxi
03-29-2008, 03:39 PM
Ron will be speaking at Penn State on Friday, April 11, 5:30 PM

CurtisLow
03-29-2008, 04:08 PM
Ron Paul is tentatively scheduled to attend IUP (Indiana, Pa) on
Thursday, April 3, 2008 for a rally/speech. Please spread the word!
This is very last minute, and we want to make sure we have a large
crowd to show our support for Congressman Paul. Please attend if you
can, and encourage others in the area to do so as well, especially
(but not limited to), undecided Republican voters (and Republicans
unsatisfied with McCain...).

More details to follow!

(IUP students: Please get ready to plaster the campus with flyers and
spread the word around Indiana! Talk to your professors and fellow
students. Contact the Penn, and the Indiana Gazette.)

Map:
http://www.mapquest.com/maps/Indiana+University+of+Pennsylvania:1011+South+Dr+I ndiana+PA+15705-1046/#a/search/l::1011+South+Dr:Indiana:PA:15705-1046:US:40.616767:-79.158771:address:Indiana+County/m::6:40.669206:-79.065925:0:0:/so:Indiana+University+of+Pennsylvania:::d::25:::::/e