PDA

View Full Version : RP preparing the best speech ever to pull an upset victory at the convention?

StateofTrance
03-20-2008, 02:59 AM
or am I reading too much into it? You tell.

Luft97
03-20-2008, 03:01 AM

Who knows.. This is assuming that he is allowed to even speak at the convention.

Fields
03-20-2008, 03:03 AM
zzzzzzzzz

TastyWheat
03-20-2008, 01:51 PM
I'm pretty sure he gets to address all the attendees before the first ballot. Ron Paul can only survive the first ballot by getting almost every unbound vote. If he doesn't get the nomination that'll be his last speech of the year so it better be good.

acptulsa
03-20-2008, 01:58 PM
I'm thinking if he has a speech that good up his sleeve, he'd better get it heard before the convention.

TastyWheat
03-21-2008, 12:02 AM
Nobody would cover it anyway. He'll be speaking to a captive audience of delegates at the convention and those are the ones he needs to win over.

NEPA_Revolution
03-21-2008, 12:10 AM
If Ron did get the nomination, the MSM would give us an hour on TV then talk about Britney Spears and her kids.

colecrowe
03-21-2008, 12:25 AM
retarded

Banana
03-21-2008, 12:35 AM
If Ron did get the nomination, the MSM would give us an hour on TV then talk about Britney Spears and her kids.

If this was what happened, the general election would be hilarious:

"The democrat nominee, whom is running unopposed declines to debate Nader, a longshot Green hopeful."

"Nader won't steal election from Democrats this year."

"Neoconservatives divided over whether to vote for the Democrat nominee or Nader."

;)

acroso
03-21-2008, 12:56 AM
I doubt they'll let him speak.

GoPaul08
03-21-2008, 01:42 AM
The answer is YES...You are reading way too muchg into it.

Ron Paul is MUCH smarter than you. and everyone on this forum. as such, he knows that stealing the nomination with 5% of the vote would DESTROY his political career. He would lose unanimously to Obama or Hillary (Do you really think McCain's 40%+ would say "Nicely played...here is my vote for Ron Paul now.") and then word would get out that he has no problem going against the clear will of the people. And that is really not a good thing for a candidate that runs on preserving DEMOCRACY.

You'll notice that Ron Paul has NEVER recommended this tactic. Because he knows how devastating it would be. He does not want it to happen. It is ALL risk with zero chance of success.

Andrew76
03-21-2008, 02:19 AM

Ron Paul is MUCH smarter than you. and everyone on this forum. as such, he knows that stealing the nomination with 5% of the vote would DESTROY his political career. He would lose unanimously to Obama or Hillary (Do you really think McCain's 40%+ would say "Nicely played...here is my vote for Ron Paul now.") and then word would get out that he has no problem going against the clear will of the people. And that is really not a good thing for a candidate that runs on preserving DEMOCRACY.

You'll notice that Ron Paul has NEVER recommended this tactic. Because he knows how devastating it would be. He does not want it to happen. It is ALL risk with zero chance of success.

Totally! Everyone, leave Ron Paul forums now! There is no hope! We've all been fooled! Nothing to see or do here anymore, time to move on. Thanks so much for your help "GOPAUL08." Well, it was fun while it lasted everyone, but as GOPAUL has pointed out, there's nothing left to do, except perhaps to troll the RonPaulforums for naive supporters who still have an interest in the campaign.

kirkblitz
03-21-2008, 02:54 AM
i think if ron paul "stole" the election then alot of people would just be amazed. Eat that mr poo faced mccain. besides mccain would have a heart attack then and there so RP would get it anyways :D

idiom
03-21-2008, 03:10 AM
McCain would explode! He wouldn't be reachable for comment for a week while his staffers tried to keep him chained in a basement.

pacelli
03-21-2008, 06:13 AM
McCain would explode! He wouldn't be reachable for comment for a week while his staffers tried to keep him chained in a basement.

:D He'd probably end up in a corner biting himself and drooling on himself just parroting, "Henry Paulson, Jack Kemp, Phil Gramm.. PHIL GRAMM!, Pete Peterson... I personally believe that all US Americans, my friends".

Seriously though, if Ron is even permitted to speak at the convention, it will have to be more of an appeal to the delegates rather than a nationally televised campaign speech. More of an appeal to their morals. And of course in the chance that he is persuasive, something will probably end up happening in the US where Bush just suspends the general election.

nc4rp
03-21-2008, 10:49 AM
Yea Ron may be banking on "blowback" to simply get his message out while not expecting to even attend the convention.

HOWEVER if his supporters keep up support all the way to teh convention, then id bet he would not want to let them down and will follow through.

if he gets to speak at the convention though it will be one hell of a speech. and true, it will be directly into the ears of the delegates who are about to cast a vote. directly before the vote we should implement this strategy: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=129591 in coordination directly before or following his speech.

TER
03-21-2008, 10:54 AM
My guess (which isn't worth much): RP speaks, the delegates are memorized by the frank truth of his speech, then John McCain goes up next, says some stupid joke, and the majority of the delegates decide John's their man because he is their 'friend'.

A Ron Paul Rebel
03-21-2008, 11:01 AM
directly before the vote we should implement this strategy: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=129591 in coordination directly before or following his speech.

YES!!!

I've been working on some strategies for OUTSIDE the RNC too! :eek::D:)

There's 100's of 'little things' that can be done to sway dels to RP.

durden0
03-21-2008, 11:11 AM
Totally! Everyone, leave Ron Paul forums now! There is no hope! We've all been fooled! Nothing to see or do here anymore, time to move on. Thanks so much for your help "GOPAUL08." Well, it was fun while it lasted everyone, but as GOPAUL has pointed out, there's nothing left to do, except perhaps to troll the RonPaulforums for naive supporters who still have an interest in the campaign.

I don't think you read what he said. He didn't say give up. He said that ron paul winning the nomination with only 5% of the popular vote would not be good for our movement. It would stain him and our supporters with bad connotations of circumventing the will of the people.

He never said to give up that there is no hope. There is hope elsewhere in other avenues for future elections and races. Don't be foolish.

durden0
03-21-2008, 11:13 AM
As for ron paul blowing their socks off with a speech...

Ron Paul is many things. A patriot, a tireless carrier of the freedom message, and a true honest politician, but a great orator he is unfortunately not.

Kade
03-21-2008, 12:08 PM

I actually laughed out loud. The poor bastard. They aren't going to let him speak.

dannno
03-21-2008, 12:36 PM

Ron Paul is MUCH smarter than you. and everyone on this forum. as such, he knows that stealing the nomination with 5% of the vote would DESTROY his political career..

Destroy his political career?! HE'S 72 YEARS OLD AND RUNNING UNOPPOSED FOR HIS 11TH TERM IN CONGRESS! What the hell does he have to lose?

He would lose unanimously to Obama or Hillary (Do you really think McCain's 40%+ would say "Nicely played...here is my vote for Ron Paul now.") and then word would get out that he has no problem going against the clear will of the people. And that is really not a good thing for a candidate that runs on preserving DEMOCRACY.

Ron Paul has mentioned several times that Lincoln won the election with 22 delegates. Not to mention, Diebold has likely stolen hundreds of thousands of votes from him.. you want to start talking about the "will of the people" again?

I am all for free speech, but I am also all for BANNING THIS GUY. He is clearly not a Ron Paul supporter. Look at his post history!!

I recommended banning RedCard a long time ago and you guys finally did it a while back.. please please please get this guy out here!!

Paulitician
03-21-2008, 12:41 PM
What's the criteria for speaking at the convention? I wouldn't be surprised if they don't even let him speak. Also, If you think Ron Paul could win over all the neo-con delegates that will be voting for John McCain, you're delusional.

acptulsa
03-21-2008, 12:43 PM
What's the criteria for speaking at the convention? I wouldn't be surprised if they don't even let him speak. Also, If you think Ron Paul could win over all the neo-con delegates that will be voting for John McCain, you're delusional.

Another country heard from. Your avatar isn't funny, by the way. Too true to be funny, actually.

dannno
03-21-2008, 12:44 PM

Our country is undergoing a period of education as we speak. Ron Paul has been calling the economic downturn as worse than expected for, well, decades..

A lot can happen in a few months, and even neocons are people. At least the delegates..

dannno
03-21-2008, 01:02 PM

Ron Paul is many things. A patriot, a tireless carrier of the freedom message, and a true honest politician, but a great orator he is unfortunately not.

For some, ya.. I think he is a great orator, and an excellent speech writer. Checkout his book, a Foreign Policy of Freedom, or checkout his Youtube speeches to congress where he writes the speech before hand and delivers it with glasses on.. He definitely says the right things, I am not a good judge about whether he says them correctly or sounds good or whatever... I am most concerned with content..

My roommate HATES Alex Jones' voice, but she likes what he says... so I see where you are coming from..

Andrew-Austin
03-21-2008, 01:09 PM

I see what your saying to a certain degree, but preperation can easily curve that.

seapilot
03-21-2008, 05:25 PM
We passed a resolution at the Alaska State GOP convention to support Ron Paul speaking at the National Convention. The ironic thing is it was brought up by a guy who proclaimed he doesnt support Ron Paul personally, but understands the importance it is to allow him to speak at the National Convention. All we need to do is submit and pass resolutions in another dozen states at GOP conventions and its possible they will have to allow him to speak.

Thomas Paine
03-21-2008, 06:01 PM
A day late and a dollar short IMHO.