PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Upset Because McCain Isn't Reaching Out To His Legions

smartguy911
03-20-2008, 02:54 AM
http://www.gather.com/viewArticle.jsp?articleId=281474977288515&grpId=3659174697241980&nav=Groupspace

Mostly because he’s a diplomatic isolationist who thinks American can remain safe by hiding within its own borders and not reaching out to the rest of the world.

I’d like to believe that Ron Paul’s followers, who aren’t insignificant in number, lined up behind him because of his feelings about limited government. But I think the simple reality is that most of them are young and terribly naive (much as Paul himself is) as to the realities of foreign policy and modern economics, among other things.

In short: Beware of ornery old cranks whining about that which is new.

:mad:

kirkblitz
03-20-2008, 03:44 AM
haha, how are those modern economics working out for him now? What a idiot.

DFF
03-20-2008, 04:46 AM
I'm a firm believer in starting unconstitutional wars, running up massive deficits, and debasing our currency until it's not worth the paper it's printed on. In short, I'm sophisticated. So that statement doesn't apply to me.

OptionsTrader
03-20-2008, 04:56 AM
I'm a firm believer in starting unconstitutional wars, running up massive deficits, and debasing our currency until it's not worth the paper it's printed on. In short, I'm sophisticated. So that statement doesn't apply to me.

http://i25.tinypic.com/fa4hhh.jpg

Geronimo
03-20-2008, 05:03 AM
I've seen a few articles saying that Ron Paul is "upset". But nowhere have I seen any quotes from him that would indicate that he's actually upset.

acptulsa
03-20-2008, 06:23 AM
Obviously, we're just not with the program. Why wouldn't we want to work dawn to dusk and lay down our lives to make oil company and Halliburton stockholders rich? Damned anti-pinkos.

pinkmandy
03-20-2008, 08:06 AM
That guy's a moron. And he should be reminded it is DR. Paul, not Mr.

I'll take the young, supposedly naive voters who actually have a stake in the world over the old, potentially senile ones who just want their benefits anyday.

mczerone
03-20-2008, 09:07 AM
That guy's a moron. And he should be reminded it is DR. Paul, not Mr.

I'll take the young, supposedly naive voters who actually have a stake in the world over the old, potentially senile ones who just want their benefits anyday.

I'll give the author the word "naive", but only when it comes to running a presidential campaign, not about foreign policy or ecomonics. The PR people at Mises need to sue, because by extension, they have been called naive.

The author is a perfect voice for those voters that don't get Ron Paul, they've been conditioned to react to him as an isolationist, as a kook, as a racist, or whatever, but whenever his name comes up, the desire to see facts goes out the window, because agreeing with Paul would make them a "crazy racist goldbug" too.

DeadtoSin
03-20-2008, 09:12 AM
http://i25.tinypic.com/fa4hhh.jpg

So yeah, I'd actually buy that shirt.

kahless
03-20-2008, 09:16 AM

You want to piss allot of people off, where it to a McCain rally and insist you are a big supporter of McCain. :D

Crickett
03-20-2008, 09:20 AM
I've seen a few articles saying that Ron Paul is "upset". But nowhere have I seen any quotes from him that would indicate that he's actually upset.

Yeah, annoyed is about as upset as he can get..

Shink
03-20-2008, 09:22 AM
You want to piss allot of people off, where it to a McCain rally and insist you are a big supporter of McCain. :D

Tell them you've liked McCain ever since you heard about him helping the North Vietnamese make propaganda videos.:D

As for being 'naive' on the war and all that bullshit: LOL. Has this guy even SEEN combat?

Carole
03-20-2008, 09:35 AM
He probably never said such a thing. It is just more journalistic manipulation to create noise. :)

Really, can anyone imagine hearing Dr. Paul say, "I'm upset with McCain." LOL

Ron Paul would be shocked if his people went over to McInSane. That would truly UPSET him as he would then know that we never believed the message.

I will never support McInSane. I refuse to waste my vote for any of those three top runners.

Vote Ron Paul.

Carole
03-20-2008, 09:38 AM
McInSane-Hail the new Caesar, (well, some people must be hailing him somewhere-maybe AQ).

dannno
03-20-2008, 10:08 AM
http://www.gather.com/viewArticle.jsp?articleId=281474977288515&grpId=3659174697241980&nav=Groupspace

:mad:

Uhhh... Did anybody click on his link at the top of the blog that says "Cry me a river." ????

:confused::confused::confused:

kigol
03-20-2008, 10:12 AM
hehe

j650
03-20-2008, 10:15 AM
McCain can't really reach out to Ron Paul's legions and he doesn't really have to. Paul's voters in the primaries don't make up more than 1% of the general election voters so it's not significant enough to make an impact. McCain isn't all of a sudden going to come out and say he's an isolationist and flip flop on staying in Iraq so Ron Paul shouldn't be too upset.

dsentell
03-20-2008, 10:24 AM
I doubt that RP is upset because McCain is not reaching out to RP supporters.

After all, what is McCain going to do to reach out to us? If he reached out to me by adopting ALL of Dr. Paul's policies, I still would not support him because I know he is a lying low life.

I don't expect McCain to reach out to us and I CERTAINLY will not reach out to him . . .

Bossobass
03-20-2008, 10:27 AM
That moron should just print the transcript of McCain's answer to Ron's question regarding the Plunge Protection Team at the GOP debate in SC.

That'll prove beyond a shadow of a doubt which candidate has a clue regarding the machinations of our "modern economy".

Just raise that national debt limit a trillion every 2 years, it's modern economics.

Bosso

durden0
03-20-2008, 11:05 AM
Lol, he called Ron Paul young. How nice of him!

hawks4ronpaul
03-20-2008, 12:38 PM
Mostly because he’s a diplomatic isolationist who thinks American can remain safe by hiding within its own borders and not reaching out to the rest of the world.

I’d like to believe that Ron Paul’s followers, who aren’t insignificant in number, lined up behind him because of his feelings about limited government. But I think the simple reality is that most of them are young and terribly naive (much as Paul himself is) as to the realities of foreign policy and modern economics, among other things.

In short: Beware of ornery old cranks whining about that which is new.

Not reaching out to world
Not a believer in small government
Economically naive
Internationally naive

That checklist describes Bush/McCain and is the opposite of RP.

It is amazing how RP bashers "explain" 180-degrees wrong.

http://hawks4ronpaul.blogspot.com/

Dreamofunity
03-20-2008, 12:45 PM
Is the take over of the republican party a possible reality?

I'm kind of hesitant to register republican.

dsentell
03-20-2008, 12:46 PM
Lol, he called Ron Paul young. How nice of him!

Okay, so there is one area in which McCain is not a lying low life . . . .

:D :D :D :D

dannno
03-20-2008, 12:50 PM
Is the take over of the republican party a possible reality?

I'm kind of hesitant to register republican.

Yes, because the Party is in it's decline.

Checkout the successes we had in Missouri

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=128628

Dreamofunity
03-20-2008, 12:56 PM
Yeah, I've noticed recent success, I just want to make sure people are going to go through with it.

Even before Paul, I never saw myself as republican, or democrat for that matter, although republican always seemed to have a more negative cogitation to me. I just don't want to register and show up only to be left alone with them.

Neither side will compromise, I hope we continue to take over.

smartguy911
03-21-2008, 01:59 AM
Uhhh... Did anybody click on his link at the top of the blog that says "Cry me a river." ????

:confused::confused::confused:

yeah i just noticed that. it links to - http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/april2006/240406thermiteidentified.htm

weirddddd i tell ya

menoname
03-21-2008, 02:12 AM

Any Ron Paul delegates going to the convention should wear that shirt. :)