PDA

View Full Version : RPPCC March FEC Report just filed (2/1..2/28)

WRellim
03-20-2008, 01:58 AM
Felt this deserved it's own thread... and NOT be shoved into the "Vent" (It is simply public information after all).

http://query.nictusa.com/cgi-bin/dcdev/forms/C00432914/327711/

1. Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign Committee
3461 Washington Blvd Suite 200
Arlington, Virginia 22201
2. FEC Committee ID #: C00432914
4. Report Type = MAR MONTHLY
5. Covering Period 02/01/2008 Through 02/29/2008
6. Cash on Hand at BEGINNING of the Reporting Period...... 6,002,188.18
7. Total Receipts This Period............................. 1,818,999.54
8. Subtotal (6 + 7)....................................... 7,821,187.72
9. Total Disbursements This Period........................ 2,251,023.09
10. Cash on Hand at CLOSE of the Reporting Period......... 5,570,164.63
11. Debts and Obligations Owed TO the Committee........... 0.00
12. Debts and Obligations Owed BY the Committee........... 0.00
13. Expenditures Subject To Limitation.................... 0.00
14. NET Contributions (Other than Loans).................. 34,157,697.94
15. NET Operating Expenditures............................ 28,735,134.35

RPPCC Still had $5.5 MILLION on hand as of 2/29.

Here's a breakdown of major expenses (categories over $10K) for FEBRUARY:

Television Spot Expense/Production............... 559,195.00
Telecommunications............................... 290,586.22
Reimbursement Expenses........................... 215,152.61
Freight/Shipping Expenses........................ 165,676.47
Salaries......................................... 161,427.52
Payroll Tax Expense.............................. 161,320.07
Credit Card Contributions Processing Fee......... 148,527.50
Airline Travel................................... 91,979.99
Consulting-Political Field Work.................. 82,374.74
Bulk Mail Printing/Processing/Postage............ 77,504.40
Print Advertising................................ 50,000.00
Travel-Hotel Accomodations....................... 45,369.61
Petition Coordination............................ 43,433.61
Signs/Sign Supplies.............................. 42,595.47
Books/Magazines.................................. 40,000.00
Rent Expense..................................... 31,588.32
Ballot Access Coordinator........................ 27,633.43
Petitioner....................................... 24,849.75
Travel-Car Rental................................ 24,419.13
Food Expense..................................... 22,004.86
Telephone Expense................................ 21,902.43
Mileage Expense.................................. 16,045.48
Catering......................................... 15,342.53
Political Field Work............................. 14,127.00
Office Supplies.................................. 13,031.57
Media Expense.................................... 13,009.14
Accounting Services.............................. 10,833.45
Radio Spot Expense............................... 10,288.60
Credit Card Payment.............................. 10,004.52

Since the campaign has done very little for major expenditures during the month of March (that we are aware of anyway); i.e. virtually no events, essentially no advertising (other than some minor in Texas that looks like it was paid for in late February), and has trimmed staff substantially (by comparison, January salaries were 227,262.98, and February still included Feb 5th personnel)... can't imagine how it would even be possible for March expenses have been more than $500K.

...which means they OUGHT to be sitting on a cool $5 MILLION (or thereabout).

Question of the day is: Will it be spent on the Presidential campaign? Or will it sit until the convention and then be transfered somewhere else?

Dequeant
03-20-2008, 02:19 AM
It would be nice if he spammed national ads DURING the convention. That would be too late to help him seek the nomination, but it would do more than anything else to further our cause IMO. It's basically the best way to introduce EVERY republican that cares to Ron Paul's views, and the views of our movement in general. Not to mention, depending on the ads, people actually will realise there IS a movement that is not limited to this presidential election.

5 Million should be able to lock up the TV ads during the convention with RP/Revolution ads.

VoteForRonPaul
03-20-2008, 02:22 AM
That is an amazing find!
Thank you!
I think we have been so nice to this campaign for quite a while right now!
I am so sick of it!
I wonder how many people are working officially for this campaign?

devil21
03-20-2008, 02:23 AM
It would be nice if he spammed national ads DURING the convention. That would be too late to help him seek the nomination, but it would do more than anything else to further our cause IMO. It's basically the best way to introduce EVERY republican that cares to Ron Paul's views, and the views of our movement in general. Not to mention, depending on the ads, people actually will realise there IS a movement that is not limited to this presidential election.

5 Million should be able to lock up the TV ads during the convention with RP/Revolution ads.

Nice research OP! Good to see that much still in the bank.

Why bother with convention ads? They won't matter by then. I hope the campaign starts spending money to attack McCain as the liberal Republican nominee while rallying the delegates. They have already raised up in several states.

WRellim
03-20-2008, 08:10 AM
shameless self-bump (for benefit of the daytime crew.)

d03boy
03-20-2008, 08:27 AM
That is an amazing find!
Thank you!
I think we have been so nice to this campaign for quite a while right now!
I am so sick of it!
I wonder how many people are working officially for this campaign?

This has already been addressed. When one of the campaign members pays for something (like a plane ticket) with their own credit card, they get reimbursed through their salary. Don't jump to bad conclusions.

Scribbler de Stebbing
03-20-2008, 08:39 AM
So frickin what? The credit card processing fees are almost the same as salaries. In other campaigns, I can assure you, the salaries take a much bigger percentage. Much bigger.

VoteForRonPaul
03-20-2008, 09:16 AM
This has already been addressed.
Where and what happened? Who addressed it?

When one of the campaign members pays for something (like a plane ticket) with their own credit card, they get reimbursed through their salary. Don't jump to bad conclusions.
I am asking you not to jump to good conclusions.
Where did you get your information from? And do you have details of the expenses?
How many people are working for the campaign? How many people use planes?
This campaign has been a total failure and that is why there is no reason for me to trust it exactly as I do not trust this government!

Melissa
03-20-2008, 09:22 AM
This campaign has been a total failure and that is why there is no reason for me to trust it exactly as I do not trust this government!

Wow you must not be a delegate. and if this how you feel why you still here as you complaine about where this money is going and how it is a "failure" I have people all over my state working hard and getting in line to be delegates so unless you run a meetup group and the delegate process in your state not sure you have the right to say who or what is a failure. The message is spreading how can that be anything but wonderful

Banana
03-20-2008, 09:23 AM
VoteForRonPaul, In the thread Jonathan Bydlak started- it's in vent now. He explained about how FEC doesn't break out the salaries from reimbursement expenses there.

Sandra
03-20-2008, 09:28 AM
I think the campaign has been astoundingly frugal with the spending. We are the only Republican grassroots still in the running out of the final 2 campaigns.

VoteForRonPaul
03-20-2008, 09:31 AM
VoteForRonPaul, In the thread Jonathan Bydlak started- it's in vent now. He explained about how FEC doesn't break out the salaries from reimbursement expenses there.
So this means that nor you nor me are aware of the expenses. Right?

Banana
03-20-2008, 09:35 AM
Um, no.

If you go over to that thread, you'll get the answer in more details.

The gist of this is that FEC reports does not show everything in details. What it reports as "salary" is actually salary plus reimbursement.

VoteForRonPaul
03-20-2008, 09:45 AM
Wow you must not be a delegate. and if this how you feel why you still here as you complaine about where this money is going and how it is a "failure" I have people all over my state working hard and getting in line to be delegates so unless you run a meetup group and the delegate process in your state not sure you have the right to say who or what is a failure. The message is spreading how can that be anything but wonderful
This campaign when it started was not only about delegates.
Delegates is a one thing but not everything like you seem to believe.
Could you tell me why we do not see new Ads for a while?
Why Ron Paul is not in PA?
Could you tell me why the campaign is giving Mccain a good time? And why the warmonger is living in peace?
If you are living in a primary state; How many Ads you have seen lately? And what are they?

Listen, do not try to mix between the official campaign and the grassroots!

Melissa
03-20-2008, 09:52 AM
This campaign when it started was not only about delegates.
Delegates is a one thing but not everything like you seem to believe.
Could you tell me why we do not see new Ads for a while?
Why Ron Paul is not in PA?
Could you tell me why the campaign is giving Mccain a good time? And why the warmonger is living in peace?
If you are living in a primary state; How many Ads you have seen lately? And what are they?

Listen, do not try to mix between the official campaign and the grassroots!

Yes but some people do not really get Dr. Pauls message of personal responsiblity and that is not me confusing things instead of worring about what they are doing go do for yourself make ads put them on air talk to people run a meetup go to your GOP. If you really understood the message then you would not be here yelling what the official campaign is doing. But as I see you dont really get the message

MikeSmith
03-20-2008, 09:55 AM
Since the campaign has done very little for major expenditures during the month of March (that we are aware of anyway); i.e. virtually no events, essentially no advertising (other than some minor in Texas that looks like it was paid for in late February), and has trimmed staff substantially (by comparison, January salaries were 227,262.98, and February still included Feb 5th personnel)... can't imagine how it would even be possible for March expenses have been more than $500K.

Question of the day is: Will it be spent on the Presidential campaign? Or will it sit until the convention and then be transfered somewhere else?

Winning is now up to supporters becoming delegates, unbinding themselves from voting for McCain, and showing up en masse. The campaign believes advertising will do very little now. They are mostly correct, however, I think running the high tide ad once would be a worthy effort, as it would galvanize supporters, bring new people to research Paul, and help to change some of the pre-conceived perceptions of others. I believe they will send the left-over funds to a PAC, which could finance Ron Paul Republicans and maybe start a new organization or something.

WRellim
03-20-2008, 10:05 AM
This has already been addressed. When one of the campaign members pays for something (like a plane ticket) with their own credit card, they get reimbursed through their salary. Don't jump to bad conclusions.

Um, NOPE "doeboy" -- the dollars under the category "Salaries" are exactly that... "Salaries" meaning paychecks for hours worked (at least technically).

What YOU are referring to is "Reimbursement Expenses" which would be the line two whole lines ABOVE the "Salaries" category.

Which this time around amount to nearly 10% of the money the campaign spent in February (and MORE than the $160K spent on salaries); and sadly we don't really know what it was spent on. (The FEC gets itemized listings, but AFAIK those don't get published on the intertubes).

WRellim
03-20-2008, 10:10 AM

Ummm... do any of you actually bother to LOOK at and READ something before you comment?

Look just TWO little lines above the "Salaries" listing in the breakdown and you will see the "Reimbursement Expenses" as a separate category.

Jeepers, some of you are as bad as the Congressmen who vote for bills like the USAPATRIOT Act... just knee jerk reactions.

Crickett
03-20-2008, 10:26 AM
Dunno, but I have still been donating, and expect to again on April 1..I hope they figure out a really newsworthy way to use the money..

VoteForRonPaul
03-20-2008, 10:32 AM
Look just TWO little lines above the "Salaries" listing in the breakdown and you will see the "Reimbursement Expenses" as a separate category.
Thanks for the clarification!

Bro.Butch
03-20-2008, 09:56 PM
If they don't spend the money on this campaign and just stretch it out to collect their overpaid salaries for six more months it is FRAUD and I will lose much respect for Ron Paul for allowing it to happen.:o:o:o

This was the worse run campaign this cycle and one of the worst of all time. Moore and Snyder should have been fired the day after NH voted ! They should go down in infamy in all your minds as the two men most responsible for squandering the greatest grassroots effort in the history of the FREEDOM movement. :confused::(:mad:

Now in selfish mode, they sit on millions given to carry the campaign to the nation ! Fraud shear FRAUD if it isn't used on this POTUS campaign.:mad:

devil21
03-21-2008, 03:14 AM
If they don't spend the money on this campaign and just stretch it out to collect their overpaid salaries for six more months it is FRAUD and I will lose much respect for Ron Paul for allowing it to happen.:o:o:o

This was the worse run campaign this cycle and one of the worst of all time. Moore and Snyder should have been fired the day after NH voted ! They should go down in infamy in all your minds as the two men most responsible for squandering the greatest grassroots effort in the history of the FREEDOM movement. :confused::(:mad:

Now in selfish mode, they sit on millions given to carry the campaign to the nation ! Fraud shear FRAUD if it isn't used on this POTUS campaign.:mad:

Well thats not a concern since RP will be speaking on a bunch of radio shows shortly. The money is getting spent now.

Bro.Butch
03-21-2008, 03:50 PM
Well thats not a concern since RP will be speaking on a bunch of radio shows shortly. The money is getting spent now.

LOL-Friend, I'm not wanting a fight with any supporter in here, or to discourage a single person here, but you have to be realistic.

A radio show can be done by phone from his office in D.C. or by poolside at his TX home. It don't cost a penny ! Now if he was running radio "ADS" in PA, NC & IN and YES television "ADS" in these states it would be costing money. And "SPREADING the message" to the voters yet to vote. An interview to a TX station is fine, but did I miss something didn't TX already vote or not (DuH)? :confused::(:confused:Ads cost money, having radio interviews NOT a single penny...

I wish Dr. Paul would remove the TWO top staffers, hire someone of the calibur of an Ed Rollins (working for Huckabee with less than half Ron's Money Rollins got 10+ times return on the investment than Ron's BOOB two got) and keep this campaign going until Nov.4. It doesn't have to be Rollins, just someone of his ability. Not amatuers as we have now, but a professional ! Didn't this R(3VOl)ution deserve a professional strategist stategizing the campaign, not what we got ?

VoteForRonPaul
03-21-2008, 08:23 PM
Bump for a change!

ArmandoP
03-23-2008, 06:22 PM
I know Im a newb here, but how many of you that are criticizing those expense reports have actually run a business??? Those reports look fine to me. If anything, overly conservative. What I do find issue with is the fact that payroll and payroll tax expense are almost identical. Must suck to be an employer in Virginia...

WRellim
03-23-2008, 09:06 PM
I know Im a newb here, but how many of you that are criticizing those expense reports have actually run a business??? Those reports look fine to me. If anything, overly conservative. What I do find issue with is the fact that payroll and payroll tax expense are almost identical. Must suck to be an employer in Virginia...

Ummm, my personal gripe is that the campaign is NO LONGER spending the money they raised for the campaign doing ACTUAL CAMPAIGNING any more.

You see the problem is that the campaign is NOT buying ANY ads in current primary states (and, other than Texas near the 14th Congressional District, has not done ANY advertising AT ALL in ANY states since February 5th), nor is any active campaigning going on in any other sense (events, candidate trips, etc).

Yet THAT is the premise that money was raised under -- for advertising and active campaigning FOR PRESIDENT.

If the intentions ARE to spend it... but said intention is to NOT spend it on the presidential campaign and instead said intention is to spend it forming some type of "foundation" or PAC or some other entity...

Well... if they want to raise money for a "foundation" or some PAC or some other entity, then the money should be CLEARLY designated for that and separate mechanisms set up to do that -- rather than doing so under a fraudulent "umbrella" of a presidential campaign.

Otherwise it becomes a "bait and switch" tactic, and IMHO while it *may* be "legal" to the letter of the law, and it may be quite"frugal" it is nevertheless also completely UNethical, is tantamount to fraud, and is most troubling.

VoteForRonPaul
03-24-2008, 12:11 AM
Bump Enough is Enough!

rodo1776
03-24-2008, 09:15 AM
bump

angelatc
03-24-2008, 09:35 AM
So frickin what? The credit card processing fees are almost the same as salaries. In other campaigns, I can assure you, the salaries take a much bigger percentage. Much bigger.

Indeed. I saw Debbie Hopper post her salary here and it was $60,000 per year. That's a fair salary.

angelatc
03-24-2008, 09:40 AM
[
Otherwise it becomes a "bait and switch" tactic, and IMHO while it *may* be "legal" to the letter of the law, and it may be quite"frugal" it is nevertheless also completely UNethical, is tantamount to fraud, and is most troubling.

With all due respect, just shut up until something happens. You're all fired up over something that hasn't even happened yet.
Stop being so paranoid. Ron Paul isn't the enemy.

buffalokid777
03-25-2008, 10:58 PM

Hopefully it will be transferred to the Ron Paul for president 2012 campaign.....

I expressed this on other threads.....only to have the trolls.....say RP will be too old....I dont think he will.....

Peter Schiff seems to think a 2012 Run is the smart thing, thinking the sheep will be willing to listen to RP then........

I think schiff is a VERY smart person......He has been right time after time in his advice these past several years........

I sure hope RP gives it one more shot in 2012.........Our country will be ready then for some good sense.......

AJ Antimony
03-25-2008, 11:09 PM
Maybe they're saving $5 mil for national March advertisements? Hey I can be optimistic...

AJ Antimony
03-25-2008, 11:10 PM
Hopefully it will be transferred to the Ron Paul for president 2012 campaign.....

I expressed this on other threads.....only to have the trolls.....say RP will be too old....I dont think he will.....

Peter Schiff seems to think a 2012 Run is the smart thing, thinking the sheep will be willing to listen to RP then........

I think schiff is a VERY smart person......He has been right time after time in his advice these past several years........

I sure hope RP gives it one more shot in 2012.........Our country will be ready then for some good sense.......

We will have a much better assessment once the media starts talking about McCain's age. If they rip him a new one for his 71 years, imagine what they'll do to the anti-establishment 76 y/o Paul in 2012...

Suzu
03-25-2008, 11:39 PM

Then why are there separate entries in the report for salaries and reimbursement expenses?

It's right at the top:

qh4dotcom
03-26-2008, 12:26 AM
We will have a much better assessment once the media starts talking about McCain's age. If they rip him a new one for his 71 years, imagine what they'll do to the anti-establishment 76 y/o Paul in 2012...

Ron Paul will turn 73 later this year....which means that in November 2012 he will be 77 years old.

Banana
03-26-2008, 12:44 AM
Then why are there separate entries in the report for salaries and reimbursement expenses?

Good question, but we'd have to ask Jonathan about that. I don't have any clue about FEC reports. One also can ask FEC directly to ask how they define each line, and how it adds, and whether it could be duplicated.

m72mc
03-26-2008, 12:57 AM
Felt this deserved it's own thread... and NOT be shoved into the "Vent" (It is simply public information after all).

http://query.nictusa.com/cgi-bin/dcdev/forms/C00432914/327711/

1. Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign Committee
3461 Washington Blvd Suite 200
Arlington, Virginia 22201
2. FEC Committee ID #: C00432914
4. Report Type = MAR MONTHLY
5. Covering Period 02/01/2008 Through 02/29/2008
6. Cash on Hand at BEGINNING of the Reporting Period...... 6,002,188.18
7. Total Receipts This Period............................. 1,818,999.54
8. Subtotal (6 + 7)....................................... 7,821,187.72
9. Total Disbursements This Period........................ 2,251,023.09
10. Cash on Hand at CLOSE of the Reporting Period......... 5,570,164.63
11. Debts and Obligations Owed TO the Committee........... 0.00
12. Debts and Obligations Owed BY the Committee........... 0.00
13. Expenditures Subject To Limitation.................... 0.00
14. NET Contributions (Other than Loans).................. 34,157,697.94
15. NET Operating Expenditures............................ 28,735,134.35

RPPCC Still had $5.5 MILLION on hand as of 2/29.

Here's a breakdown of major expenses (categories over $10K) for FEBRUARY:

Travel-Hotel Accomodations....................... 45,369.61
Petition Coordination............................ 43,433.61
Signs/Sign Supplies.............................. 42,595.47
Books/Magazines.................................. 40,000.00
Rent Expense..................................... 31,588.32
Ballot Access Coordinator........................ 27,633.43
Petitioner....................................... 24,849.75
Travel-Car Rental................................ 24,419.13
Food Expense..................................... 22,004.86
Telephone Expense................................ 21,902.43
Mileage Expense.................................. 16,045.48
Catering......................................... 15,342.53
Political Field Work............................. 14,127.00
Office Supplies.................................. 13,031.57
Media Expense.................................... 13,009.14
Accounting Services.............................. 10,833.45
Radio Spot Expense............................... 10,288.60
Credit Card Payment.............................. 10,004.52

Itīs 5 months until the convention, so he will spend it wisely.

Suzu
03-26-2008, 12:08 PM
Good question, but we'd have to ask Jonathan about that.

I already did. He said that he didn't have a clue.

Banana
03-26-2008, 02:18 PM
Aha. Missed that then. My apologies. I suppose the next step is to call FEC office and ask for definitions, and how they are computed to see if this shines any light.

I know nothing about FEC but I do know that you can't always get the right information by looking at a financial report, especially if they have some peculiar definition or classifications leading to duplicating or needlessly hair-splitting things. *shrugs*

VoteForRonPaul
03-28-2008, 11:23 PM
Aha. Missed that then. My apologies. I suppose the next step is to call FEC office and ask for definitions, and how they are computed to see if this shines any light.

Call who? Everything is so obvious and explained in details and you seem to be the only one struggling to swallow it. Therefor you should be the one who calls the FEC and no one else!

Banana
03-28-2008, 11:39 PM
Call who? Everything is so obvious and explained in details and you seem to be the only one struggling to swallow it. Therefor you should be the one who calls the FEC and no one else!

Hmmm... I suppose you don't know anything about honey and vinegar?

Ever consider the possibility that I might be thinking, "Gee... those people sure hold a grudge.. there must be more than they want to tell me?"