PDA

View Full Version : Will there be a race riot if the super delegates nominate Hillary?

klamath
03-19-2008, 05:35 PM
I hadn't thought of this at all until my brother mentioned something about it today. If the Rodney King trial could trigger a riot how about if the vast majority of the black democratic voters feel their votes were stolen? The race between Hillary and Obama is getting pretty bitter.

Dr.3D
03-19-2008, 05:37 PM
Probably!

New Governor Of Alaska
03-19-2008, 05:45 PM
Of course.... I am moving to Canada tomorrow.....

DAFTEK
03-19-2008, 05:49 PM
What about: Will there be a race riot if the super delegates nominate Obama?

Banana
03-19-2008, 05:50 PM
Well, if the nomination went to Clinton because of superdelegates, we can very well expect to hear Obama's pastor to say "God Damn America" three times and divorce America.

\lame joke

DAFTEK
03-19-2008, 06:03 PM
I think we have just seen the tip of the iceberg, i expect full out race war soon because of Obama. It is slowly starting to boil and simmer, many whites are just laying low for now to see what happens...

Banana
03-19-2008, 06:16 PM
I'm not sure if superdelegates themselves are that stupid, though. If they knew that they would end up fracturing the party, they'd go with the popular support. Not to mention that they have an image as progressives to uphold.

OptionsTrader
03-19-2008, 06:20 PM
I'm not sure if superdelegates themselves are that stupid, though. If they knew that they would end up fracturing the party, they'd go with the popular support. Not to mention that they have an image as progressives to uphold.

Since it is irrelevant whether McCain, Hillary, or Obama wins because they will all maintain the same policies that are in the best interests of those that benefit from the welfare warfare state, neither party is going to jeopardize the illusion that the people have choice.

Banana
03-19-2008, 06:38 PM
Since it is irrelevant whether McCain, Hillary, or Obama wins because they will all maintain the same policies that are in the best interests of those that benefit from the welfare warfare state, neither party is going to jeopardize the illusion that the people have choice.

Oh, I do not doubt that for a second!

I was looking at this as if I was looking through democrats' lens, even though it won't make a damn difference in the end.

Time for Change
03-19-2008, 07:03 PM
It is not unreasonable to think the possibility exists.
Well...probability...the odds of incidents of random stupidity happening are pretty favorable, based on the past.

I hope people have matured since then, but if it happens the outcome is pretty basic.

Break, loot, burn, destroy, attack aimlessly and essentially ruin their entire neighborhood(s); then, cry to uncle sam about hardship and how the taxpayers must pay to rebuild everything they destroyed...because it was such a tragedy.
Jesse Jackson will say racisim is to blame for the entire event.
Racists burned the cities...lol...pathetic really.
I hope it never happens.

That's the way I see it because that's what happened in the past.

Nirvikalpa
03-19-2008, 10:26 PM
Absolutely. Obama supporters have already threatened/harrassed Hillary's delegates and super delegates...

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/02/29/report-black-superdelegates-supporting-clinton-face-harassment/
http://www.theminorityreportblog.com/wire/steven_foley/2008/02/29/black_superdelegates_supporting_hillary_clinton_ar e_facing_intense_harassment

sophocles07
03-19-2008, 10:28 PM
I think we have just seen the tip of the iceberg, i expect full out race war soon because of Obama. It is slowly starting to boil and simmer, many whites are just laying low for now to see what happens...

You’re fucking ridiculous.

Mach
03-19-2008, 10:59 PM
Bush, (and his brother) literally stole their votes down in Florida... why no riots then?

Banana
03-19-2008, 11:06 PM
Bush, (and his brother) literally stole their votes down in Florida... why no riots then?

You know, I've been wondering about that myself.

For last two or so years, my work was adjacent to a Federal building. On my commutes on Fridays, I would go through the throng of protesters- they're pro-Palestine anti-war anti-Bush peaceniks. They've been gathering there every Friday for the whole time I was employed, and presumably longer than that. Now, mind, they get lots of honks and supports from locals but... they're just not pissed off. They're not angry. They're protesting for sake of protesting.

I don't see them marching off to DC anytime soon, and I personally think they should have just went in the White House and did a sit-in. That would have gotten attention. But for whatever reasons, they couldn't be bothered to do this. Because of this, we had 8 years of Bush.

I believe that opposition is there, but it's not as vocal as kids back then during Vietnam, IMO. In a way, they needed to had a Kent State to rivet the attention on atrocity of the war and there wasn't any.

/off-topic