PDA

View Full Version : MaryJane was de-criminalized in N.H. yesterday!

A Ron Paul Rebel
03-19-2008, 12:37 PM
Now you just get a ticket.
You can pass go, don't go to jail.

I'll post the articles when I find them.

ThePieSwindler
03-19-2008, 12:38 PM
yet another reason to move to NH

Kotin
03-19-2008, 12:40 PM
haha nice

dannno
03-19-2008, 12:42 PM
Yay!

damien88
03-19-2008, 12:43 PM
beautiful what a bunch of freedom lovers i love it i love everything

OptionsTrader
03-19-2008, 12:45 PM

http://www.nashuatelegraph.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080319/NEWS02/317402274/-1/news01

BILL AT A GLANCE
Bill No. HB 1623

SPONSORS:
Reps. Jeffrey Fontas and Andrew Edwards, D- Nashua.

DESCRIPTION:
Decriminalizes the possession of up to one quarter of one ounce of marijuana to a violation that carries a $200 fine. Currently, possession is a criminal misdemeanor that can result in up to a year in county jail and/or fines up to $2,000.

The House of Representatives approved the amended bill, 193-141.

crazyfingers
03-19-2008, 12:46 PM
Not so fast...from the Manchester Union Leader (http://www.unionleader.com/article.aspx?headline=Lynch+threatens+veto+after+H ouse+votes+to+decriminalize+pot&articleId=d749f97f-4f05-4a72-8ca1-b6d3951bda19):

The New Hampshire House voted yesterday to decriminalize possession of small amounts of marijuana, ignoring advice from the House Criminal Justice Committee.

The action quickly drew a rare veto threat from Gov. John Lynch.

Senate Majority Leader Joseph Foster, D-Nashua, said the Senate will most likely kill it.

It's definite progress, though.

hillertexas
03-19-2008, 12:46 PM
awesome!!!

Banana
03-19-2008, 12:48 PM
and just why is Mary Jane is a criminal? She seemed like a nice gal- always having fun and so sweet. She certainly knows how to have good times! Why anybody wouldn't like her? :confused:

OptionsTrader
03-19-2008, 12:54 PM
and just why is Mary Jane is a criminal? She seemed like a nice gal- always having fun and so sweet. She certainly knows how to have good times! Why anybody wouldn't like her? :confused:

Some claim that Mary Jane is a gateway girl and that it is in your best interest to have the government intervene in your personal choices so that you do not go down the path of associating yourself with Mary Jane's more promiscuous and STD infected friends.

It is for your own good, as shown in this short public service announcement.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mK-QR88yfOE

Shink
03-19-2008, 12:54 PM

Maybe Miss Jane's natural, heaping bosom is viewed jealously by some?

A Ron Paul Rebel
03-19-2008, 01:02 PM

+1

Banana
03-19-2008, 01:03 PM
Some claim that Mary Jane is a gateway girl and that it is in your best interest to have the government intervene in your personal choices so that you do not go down the path of associating yourself with Mary Jane's more promiscuous and STD infected friends.

It is for your own good, as shown in this short public service announcement.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mK-QR88yfOE

Oh, that's rubbish. We all know that Mary Jane is popular girl and easygoing so naturally everyone would be attracted to her. It's not her fault that some people who aren't as stellar as she is would want to associate with her, is it?

But, but, she's a model for other young girls to learn how to exudate self-confidence and self-esteem. That's easily 60% of her beauty, isn't it? I mean, she's a godsend for all those bulimic models with all that cravings she has for brownies and chocolates- we should be encouraging more girls to look after their health and not be so obsessed with weight.

Shink
03-19-2008, 01:08 PM
Lol, I need to get Mary Jane in my mouth. Never had her before, but I'm not opposed to people experimenting with her.

molly_pitcher
03-19-2008, 01:08 PM
bump

Banana
03-19-2008, 01:09 PM
Lol, I need to get Mary Jane in my mouth. Never had her before, but I'm not opposed to people experimenting with her.

Aha, yes, her legendary kiss. I hear she brings euphoria to everyone she kisses.

A modern day Helen of Troy, if you will.

I wonder if the big stink all has to do with Giselle being jealous of her?

A Ron Paul Rebel
03-19-2008, 01:11 PM
Giselle?

Banana
03-19-2008, 01:13 PM
Giselle?

Giselle. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gisele_B%C3%BCndchen)

Jaykzo
03-19-2008, 01:14 PM
A quarter ounce is a good start.

If you're carrying around more than a quarter, you're probably either selling it or are on a long trip away from home.

You should be able to grow on your property though, and have as much as you can fathom in the comfort of your own home.

New Hampshire is sounding more and more appealing to lifelong smoker as myself :o

RonPaulwillWin
03-19-2008, 01:16 PM
Uh, why is this in grassroots? Oh I get it :) *goes and gets lighter*

A Ron Paul Rebel
03-19-2008, 01:17 PM
A quarter ounce is a good start.

If you're carrying around more than a quarter, you're probably either selling it or are on a long trip away from home.

You should be able to grow on your property though, and have as much as you can fathom in the comfort of your own home.

New Hampshire is sounding more and more appealing to lifelong smoker as myself :o

www.freestateproject.org

about 50 of us got together last night for good times. :D

A Ron Paul Rebel
03-19-2008, 01:19 PM
Uh, why is this in grassroots? Oh I get it :) *goes and gets lighter*

Need something to liten' the mood :p

ThePieSwindler
03-19-2008, 01:23 PM
i like weed but

kill this thread :o

OptionsTrader
03-19-2008, 01:25 PM
The New Hampshire House of Representatives : a wonderful collection of budding free thinkers.

OferNave
03-19-2008, 01:30 PM
The fight ain't over - come help!

http://nhcommonsense.org/

Shink
03-19-2008, 01:30 PM
i like weed but

kill this thread :o

I guess when a plant starts sounding sexy, it's time to take a step back, ain'it?

rpfan2008
03-19-2008, 01:31 PM
for peace....

Banana
03-19-2008, 01:31 PM
I guess when a plant starts sounding sexy, it's time to take a step back, ain'it?

What plant? We're talking about a girl!
http://www.hotflick.net/flicks/2002_Scooby_Doo/Thumb/2002_Scooby_Doo_194.jpg

;)

ButchHowdy
03-19-2008, 01:33 PM
Juxtapose first for last:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=WdTYcnUBADw

<///////////////////////////////////>

ItsTime
03-19-2008, 01:39 PM
It has become common knowledge around here that the Union Leader hates freedom.

Not so fast...from the Manchester Union Leader (http://www.unionleader.com/article.aspx?headline=Lynch+threatens+veto+after+H ouse+votes+to+decriminalize+pot&articleId=d749f97f-4f05-4a72-8ca1-b6d3951bda19):

adam1mc
03-19-2008, 01:43 PM
Good Job NH.

Denver still has you beat though...

Denver votes to legalize marijuana possession
By Patrick O'Driscoll, USA TODAY
DENVER — Voters here approved making Denver the first major city to legalize small amounts of marijuana, but the mayor warned that state law still makes possession of the drug illegal.

"OK of pot issue gives new meaning to Mile High City," said Wednesday's headline in the Rocky Mountain News. The measure, which passed Tuesday with 54% of the vote, says adults 21 and older may possess up to an ounce of marijuana without penalty in the city.

A few other cities, including Seattle and Oakland, have laws that make marijuana possession a low priority for police. A dozen states, including Colorado, have decriminalized possession of small amounts but still issue fines.

Unlike Denver, the Colorado ski town of Telluride, population 2,300, narrowly defeated a measure Tuesday that would have made possession of marijuana the lowest police priority. It might be already: Just 17 citations were issued there last year for pot possession.

Don't expect clouds of marijuana smoke to fill Denver's thin air. Mayor John Hickenlooper said police will continue to arrest and charge people for marijuana because state law still makes possession illegal.

Hickenlooper said the city can adopt an ordinance that is stricter than state law on marijuana but not one that is weaker.

Bruce Mirken, spokesman for the Marijuana Policy Project in Washington, D.C., said Denver's vote will spur initiatives in other cities to legalize and regulate marijuana like alcohol or tobacco.

"It's certainly likely to energize people. This is the wind in the sails of reform," Mirken said Wednesday. "Rethinking marijuana prohibition is mainstream. This is the heart of America saying, 'Hold on, maybe our current marijuana laws don't make a lot of sense.' And the fact is, they're right."

Mason Tvert, who led the Denver campaign for legalized pot, said he will encourage people who are charged under state law to fight their arrests in court.

In Colorado, having an ounce of marijuana or less is punishable by a $100 fine but no jail time. "It's like a speeding ticket, and only a fraction of people end up going to court over it," said Tvert, founder of SAFER, or Safer Alternative For Enjoyable Recreation.

Tvert said his group also will seek a state initiative to license and regulate the sale of marijuana. His campaign argued that legalized pot is a safer alternative, considering the problems that arise from alcohol abuse such as violent crime and health risks.

The mayor said he opposed the measure because he considers marijuana a "gateway" drug that can lead to harder substances and "much more self-destructive behaviors." Hickenlooper acknowledged, however, that Denver's vote "does reflect a genuine shift in people's attitudes."

Although Denver's marijuana vote caught attention, the main issue Coloradans approved Tuesday will let the state government keep $3.7 billion in tax revenue over the next five years. The money otherwise would have been refunded to taxpayers under a 1992 constitutional amendment, the Taxpayer Bill of Rights, which has strict caps on state spending. The statewide referendum passed with 52% of the vote.
http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2005-11-03-pot_x.htm

crazyfingers
03-19-2008, 01:49 PM

I'm no fan of the UL either but it doesn't change the fact that this bill will most likely not become law.

conqst3
03-19-2008, 01:50 PM
Good job Free staters. I was following this, and did not think it would go through the house. It's not over yet. But, it's a victory non the less.

Porcfest here I come!

ItsTime
03-19-2008, 01:51 PM
agreed

I'm no fan of the UL either but it doesn't change the fact that this bill will most likely not become law.

OptionsTrader
03-19-2008, 01:51 PM

That is a pretty broad brush. Some said that about the entire state after the primary. "The Die State" and other such nonsense.

Aratus
03-19-2008, 01:59 PM
cooool... this deserves a celebratory trip over the border, eventually!

crazyfingers
03-19-2008, 02:03 PM
That is a pretty broad brush. Some said that about the entire state after the primary. "The Die State" and other such nonsense.

I don't know, the UL is pretty bad. I remember last year they published a front page, above the fold story about a local police department's prostitution sting (initiated through craigslist). It had a large picture and all of the names of those arrested, basically ruining their lives for no good reason.

They did publish my LTE about it, though -- so I'll give them credit for that. Still it was a pretty slimy and unnecessary thing to do.

Oh and I don't engage in prostitution or anything like that. :D I just really dislike moral crusaders.

Joseph Hart
03-19-2008, 02:31 PM
Its a step

Agent CSL
03-19-2008, 02:31 PM
Lolscoobydoo

Well, this is progress! :D

Revolution9
03-19-2008, 02:39 PM
I' Trying To Buy an Eghth ( To the tune of I'm Henry The Eighth)

I'm trying to buy an eighth I am
Trying to buy an eighth I am I am
I bought a quarter from the dealer next door
He only sells seven grams or more

(chorus)
And all I wanted was en eighth (an eighth)
I didn't want a quarter or an ounce (an ounce)
I am eighth kinds guy or I'm ornery

etc.

Best
Randy

No1ButPaul08
03-19-2008, 02:41 PM

Any paper that endorses McCain and "forgets" to run 2 RP ads in the week leading up to the Primary hates freedom. Also, either the publisher or editor was on C-Span that week. He said he didn't believe that RP got more money from the troops than McCain. The paper should be called the Uneocon Leader.

darkdruid
03-19-2008, 02:42 PM
Good Job NH.

Denver still has you beat though...

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2005-11-03-pot_x.htm

In Denver possession of Mari Jane has been voted as the LOWEST priority that police should have. They will be giving out J-Walking tickets before anything relating to it, lol. I don't smoke it but I think it's everyone's choice.

kaleidoscope eyes
03-19-2008, 03:20 PM
I' Trying To Buy an Eghth ( To the tune of I'm Henry The Eighth)

Trying to buy an eighth I am I am
I bought a quarter from the dealer next door
He only sells seven grams or more

(chorus)
And all I wanted was en eighth (an eighth)
I didn't want a quarter or an ounce (an ounce)
I am eighth kinds guy or I'm ornery

etc.

Best
Randy

Second Verse same as the First! (uh, but maybe a bit slower and a smidge less coherent)

ok, couldn't help myself. sorry. :rolleyes::p;)

adam1mc
03-19-2008, 03:45 PM
In Denver possession of Mari Jane has been voted as the LOWEST priority that police should have. They will be giving out J-Walking tickets before anything relating to it, lol. I don't smoke it but I think it's everyone's choice.

Interesting enough.. Even after Denver voted to legalize marijuana, AND after Denver voted to make marijuana enforcement the 'lowest law enforcement priority' arrests have still increased.

Our stubborn mayor just will not listen to the will of the voters.

ryanmkeisling
03-19-2008, 04:01 PM
I am glad this finally happened; it is about time. Hopefully Mass. will be soon to follow, there have been resolutions passed by the voting public on the books for years there, but the legislature fails to act because they are non-binding. New England is a real hot bed for this: Rhode Island a few years back, Conneticut almost, Maine and Vermont a while ago...this is very good news for people in N.H. I often wanted to move there when I was living in Boston before I came to California, real estate is very affordable and the White Mountains are amazing. Jobs are not as easy to find (this really depends on what you do) as some places in New England but it really is a special place. Way to go N.H.!

tpreitzel
03-19-2008, 04:34 PM
Now you just get a ticket.
You can pass go, don't go to jail.

Due to the perversion of power in Washington, D.C. where legislators declare their illegal wars on drugs, crime, poverty, terrorism, etc. and usurp power by doing so, states now feel obligated to right some of the wrongs and this process is totally bass ackwards from the intended one. States should NOT have to grant rights which the federal government has denied. States should be allowed to restrict rights IAW their state constitutions, however, as long as such restrictions conform to the requirements of the federal constitution. Our crazy, screwed-up relationship is solely due to the abuses of power in Washington, D.C.

CurtisLow
03-19-2008, 05:03 PM
Some freedom state with Gov. John Lynch at the wheel.. Not!

The United States incarcerates more people than any other country in the world and for the first time in the nation's history, more than one in every 100 American adults is confined in a prison or jail, according to a report released on Thursday. The report by the Pew Center on the States said the American penal system held more than 2.3 million adults at the start of the year.

Record-High Ratio of Americans in Prison By N.C. Aizenman
CN Source: Washington Post February 28, 2008 Washington, DC
More than one in 100 adults in the United States is in jail or prison, an all-time high that is costing state governments nearly $50 billion a year, in addition to more than $5 billion spent by the federal government, according to a report released today. With more than 2.3 million people behind bars at the start of 2008, the United States leads the world in both the number and the percentage of residents it incarcerates, leaving even far more populous China a distant second, noted the report by the nonpartisan Pew Center on the States
http://cannabisnews.com/news/thread23719.shtml

This is a good time to remind folks graphically of whats going on.

The United States has 5% of the world's population...
... but 25% of the world's prison population.
We dramatically lead the entire world in incarceration rates.
http://blogs.salon.com/0002762/images/2006/12/01/prisonpop.jpg

http://blogs.salon.com/0002762/images/2006/06/05/incarceration-rates2.gif

http://boards.marihemp.com/boards/culture/media/5/5149.jpg

ValidusCustodiae
03-19-2008, 05:07 PM
Our stubborn mayor just will not listen to the will of the voters.

call me crazy but it sounds like time to vote him OUT if thats the case.

MikeStanart
03-19-2008, 07:30 PM
Just what we need.

Another reason to make RP supports look like pot-heads.

Move the thread, please.

Jaykzo
03-19-2008, 07:57 PM
In case you didn't realize ^, no one cares about sterotyping us Ron Paul supporters anymore.

CNN isn't visiting us anymore, FOX doesn't bother slandering against us anymore, and there are no presidential debates where RP can be asked ridiculous questions regarding our conduct.

So I don't think you need to be worried about a little discussion regarding a PLANT (yes, thats what we are talking about) here on this message board.

JosephTheLibertarian
03-19-2008, 08:05 PM
Wow. Now I really would like to move there.

coastie
03-19-2008, 08:15 PM
What a bunch of pot heads....

Nice...What's with the name-calling? W:rolleyes:ho are you supporting again, Hitlery?

JosephTheLibertarian
03-19-2008, 08:22 PM
Marijuana is a great thing. It's just perfect, really.

coastie
03-19-2008, 08:32 PM
Marijuana is a great thing. It's just perfect, really.

QFT...too bad I cant smoke right now:mad:

2 more years and the enlistment is over, I'll be saying goodbye to 8 1/2 years of (voluntary) enslavement to the gubmint, and hello to freedom...or what's left of it.:eek:

Knightskye
03-19-2008, 08:36 PM
Trying to redeem themselves after giving McCain their delegates. I'll take it, but I want more, 'Lived free, now I'm done'. :D

OferNave
03-19-2008, 08:53 PM
Trying to redeem themselves after giving McCain their delegates. I'll take it, but I want more, 'Lived free, now I'm done'. :D

We're not on vacation. We get stronger every day. Won't you join us?

BuddyRey
03-20-2008, 02:54 AM

My gosh, the talk is about lightening up on folks who are carrying around a piddling 1/4 ounce of cannabis, and you may just as well tell the Law & Order types that you're trying to legalize the sale of crack cocaine to Kindergarteners.

Why are so many people so scared of freedom?!

Dr.3D
03-20-2008, 03:09 AM
This is a good time to remind folks graphically of whats going on.

The United States has 5% of the world's population...
... but 25% of the world's prison population.
We dramatically lead the entire world in incarceration rates.

That's because we have so darned many stupid laws.

Sometimes I think they make up laws to fill prisons owned by the people making up the laws.

ryanmkeisling
03-20-2008, 03:35 AM
My gosh, the talk is about lightening up on folks who are carrying around a piddling 1/4 ounce of cannabis, and you may just as well tell the Law & Order types that you're trying to legalize the sale of crack cocaine to Kindergarteners.

Why are so many people so scared of freedom?!

Freedom is foreign to most Americans even within our ranks. I was at a meetup some months ago and drugs came up. I pointed out that under Ron Pauls principles people should be able to purchase whatever drugs (crack, meth, heroin, lsd, etc.) they wanted right from the pharmacy without any oversight from the government whatsoever; I went on to point out how much better the quality would be in comparison to the black market stuff available now. Some were in agreement but a MAJORITY of the people in the room thought I was absolutely crazy to support such an idea and one older gentlemen got really angry and told me Ron Paul would never support such an idea! The disconnect is huge having lived under oppression for so long some people expect the government to regulate even the most trivial parts of their lives. Drug hysteria runs so deep that some people, within our ranks, have this crazy idea that the legalization of all drugs would cause society to fall apart. They act as if the world would end if people were allowed to take what they wanted! It was then that I realized that most people are just not ready for true freedom; so much so that they cannot even imagine it without the sky falling. It was amazing to me that they would blame drugs which are inadament substances for the addictive short comings of human beings and essentially not take responsibility for themselves or there fellows. Sadly, freedom is popular but only to a degree.

OptionsTrader
03-20-2008, 03:40 AM
The disconnect is huge having lived under oppression for so long some people expect the government to regulate even the most trivial parts of their lives.

That sentence cuts to the heart of the matter. The people have been programmed over time to believe this way, and it will take much time to reverse the damage.

ryanmkeisling
03-20-2008, 03:53 AM
That sentence cuts to the heart of the matter. The people have been programmed over time to believe this way, and it will take much time to reverse the damage.

It was only then that I came to realize this and I carried my jaw all the way home. I learned that I have a lot to learn about what has been done to us.

RSLudlum
03-21-2008, 10:59 PM
Just heard Barney Frank announce on Bill Maher that he's submitting a bill to legalize marijuana. Anybody know anything more about this bill??

ValidusCustodiae
04-07-2008, 09:58 AM
That's because we have so darned many stupid laws.

Sometimes I think they make up laws to fill prisons owned by the people making up the laws.

You're just figuring this out?

JosephTheLibertarian
04-07-2008, 10:54 AM
Just heard Barney Frank announce on Bill Maher that he's submitting a bill to legalize marijuana. Anybody know anything more about this bill??

He also said that the free market can't work on Bill Maher's show. I always knew he was a commie bastard!