PDA

View Full Version : The Ron Paul Postmortem Part II - Autopsy of a Revolution

amy31416
03-19-2008, 12:21 PM
Very well done article, good lessons, good analysis:

http://www.americanchronicle.com/articles/55799

acptulsa
03-19-2008, 12:40 PM
That is interesting. I hope both his use of the word postmortem and his desire to wrap it all up in part three are premature, but it is a good analysis so far. Sure is useful to help us see some of what we're up against.

Revolution9
03-19-2008, 02:30 PM
A point brought up was all the people who get work via the military industrial complex. What needed some focus was that bringing home the troops would make alot of economically defunct areas be revitalised as bases reopen, soldierds man them, sopend their paycheques locally and have suppliers of perishables and basic hard goods come from the local ecopnomies. This wouild keep all the locals employed, which they feared unemployment if the war effort stopped. The arms companies would still be moving cash as they resupplied bullets and vehicles, ships etc. The petroleum companies would have to learn to get along with folks if they want to do business instead of acting like psychopathic pre-pubescents.

Best
Randy

amy31416
03-19-2008, 03:09 PM
That is interesting. I hope both his use of the word postmortem and his desire to wrap it all up in part three are premature, but it is a good analysis so far. Sure is useful to help us see some of what we're up against.

We are up against a lot. I, personally, don't agree with the title of the articles, because I believe this to be the beginning of things, not the end.

He is premature in his autopsy of this movement, but he is correct in the challenges we face. We ain't dead, and we have to fight divisiveness in this movement.

amy31416
03-19-2008, 03:13 PM
A point brought up was all the people who get work via the military industrial complex. What needed some focus was that bringing home the troops would make alot of economically defunct areas be revitalised as bases reopen, soldierds man them, sopend their paycheques locally and have suppliers of perishables and basic hard goods come from the local ecopnomies. This wouild keep all the locals employed, which they feared unemployment if the war effort stopped. The arms companies would still be moving cash as they resupplied bullets and vehicles, ships etc. The petroleum companies would have to learn to get along with folks if they want to do business instead of acting like psychopathic pre-pubescents.

Best
Randy

I dig you Randy. You nailed it in regards to the petroleum companies.

Highstreet
03-19-2008, 03:15 PM

Best
Randy

I think this is something that Paul should have hammered on more during speeches and debates also. Great info that most of the media completely missed.

New York For Paul
03-19-2008, 03:46 PM
I agree with most of the article that Ron Paul would have had more dirt thrown at him the higher he went in the polls and that would have pushed him back down in the polls.

The consultant James Pinkerton is a great researcher and did work for Bush in 1988, but Ron Paul doesn't need a great researcher or issues man to keep track of items. That may have been the strongest part of the Ron Paul campaign. He has books on issues and is well organized on what he believes.

Ed Rollins won with Reagan in 1984. However, whoever managed Reagan in 1984 was going to win. Reagan was that good of a campaigner and story teller and was well liked even if you disagreed with him.

LEK
03-19-2008, 04:13 PM
The "surge" reduced violence in Iraq and that helped to freeze Republican support for the war. As a military strategy the "surge" was fairly dubious. As a political strategy, it worked brilliantly.

Amazing how a lie, propagated by a corrupt media, can gain so much evil ground. Let the Republicans have their wars - it will be their downfall. And if they attempt a draft, I fear the peaceful revolution will arm itself. It will not be pretty.