PDA

View Full Version : Chicken or egg

Jennifer Reynolds
08-18-2007, 06:05 PM
///

MozoVote
08-18-2007, 06:11 PM
I don't know how to advise on the voting rumor, but we should certainly communicate when we locate people who would like to vote, but don't feel like making the trip. We might total up a vanload in large metros, and it would be worth taking up a collection to pay for a charter to take them.

Lord Xar
08-18-2007, 06:12 PM
Well, did those who say they wouldn't go for Ron Paul, or just people in general who did not tell you who they were voting for.

I haven't heard this at all.. BUT, are they using the DIEBOLD machines in Texas too?

How is this Straw Poll conducted, in terms of counting the vote?

Btw... Your diligence and dedication to calling and getting that "College Push" out there is commendable... many many kudos

Jennifer Reynolds
08-18-2007, 06:15 PM
///

UtahApocalypse
08-18-2007, 06:16 PM
Yay for the Sunshine people!! they helped as much as many of us said they would!

LibertyEagle
08-18-2007, 06:17 PM
I tried calling Texans all day. No luck. They were all a four hour drive away and after talking forever and convincing some of them to vote for RP they were in no way willing to go that far on Labor day weekend. All my folks were in Fort Worth.

Up in the stickied threads, you said all the people you called were in San Antonio. That's the case, right? Because the Straw Poll is in Fort Worth.

LibertyEagle
08-18-2007, 06:18 PM
I sure hope those folks running the phone banks are doing this in geographical order.

If you want to know, call them and ask them. I gave you 2 numbers up in the stickied threads. I would assume so, because these guys are pretty organized, but one ever knows, right?

Jennifer Reynolds
08-18-2007, 06:20 PM
///

Jennifer Reynolds
08-18-2007, 06:20 PM
///

Jennifer Reynolds
08-18-2007, 06:24 PM
///

Lord Xar
08-18-2007, 06:24 PM
By the way, I got attacked today for sending out the Operation Campus project on Facebook anonymously. I asked for volunteers to help me send the post to all the facebook groups and no one could do it. So I did it all myself. But there are 498 groups and you can only join 200 at a time. So after I posted messages I had to leave the group so I could move on to the next group and post it there. (You can't post until you join the group, then you can unjoin the group.)

Also, it seems the little tykes don't like folks who don't like to post all their most intimate details on their site. So I also got yelled at for not having pictures of me up and personal details up.

I just don't understand this generation.

well, I can modify your photos a bit so you can post them and still retain anonymity... personally, I don't trust people who contact me that DO NOT have photos.....

LibertyEagle
08-18-2007, 06:28 PM
Thanks XAR.

It was hard to say. Some were RP supporters, but I doubt it would matter anyway. They were too far away, this is Labor day weekend and they were not about to make a four hour trip to and a four hour trip from just for a fake poll. Can you really blame them?

I don't care if you flew them there, it would still take them all day, and it is smack in the middle of their three day weekend.

I sure hope those folks running the phone banks are doing this in geographical order.

LOL! Jennifer and I were both on the phone with Robert at the same time. He told me that they have people who are willing to drive all the way from West Texas to attend the straw poll. So, it is possible. Yes, we're going to have a harder time getting the ones further away, but we still need to contact them and try. If they are willing, transportation will be provided, if that is necessary.

Keep on knocking out the calls.

LibertyEagle
08-18-2007, 06:32 PM
Anyway, here is what the title is about. I spoke to a few people who said they had heard and been discussing the fact that they heard that the straw poll in Texas may be rigged and so they were refusing to go on moral grounds of not wanting to validate a rigged process.

So, are the Sunshine folks or whatever they are calling themselves the ones creating this rumor with their actions, or are their actions because of this rumor.

No one could tell me who was supposed to be the winner. But several people who would have gone to support RP said they would not be a part of this poll because they heard it was rigged.

I don't know anyone else who is suggesting that this poll will be anything but honest. Does anyone know anything?

Are we shooting ourselves in our own feet?

Oh God, I hope these people are not calling the Texas delegates! :mad:

Man from La Mancha
08-18-2007, 06:42 PM
It could be planted by people that want to disrupt on purpose. As most know I hate these machine votes but the logic not to go makes no sense. Every person that votes for Ron should tell the sunshine monitors. The most sensible thing to do is people have to show and vote in such numbers that it is harder to fake. Tell the people this and to bring more people too, we have to overwhelm with overwhelming numbers of troops.

I tried calling Texans all day. No luck. They were all a four hour drive away and after talking forever and convincing some of them to vote for RP they were in no way willing to go that far on Labor day weekend. All my folks were in Fort Worth.

Anyway, here is what the title is about. I spoke to a few people who said they had heard and been discussing the fact that they heard that the straw poll in Texas may be rigged and so they were refusing to go on moral grounds of not wanting to validate a rigged process.

So, are the Sunshine folks or whatever they are calling themselves the ones creating this rumor with their actions, or are their actions because of this rumor.

No one could tell me who was supposed to be the winner. But several people who would have gone to support RP said they would not be a part of this poll because they heard it was rigged.

I don't know anyone else who is suggesting that this poll will be anything but honest. Does anyone know anything?

Are we shooting ourselves in our own feet?

I have no answers only questions and relaying what I was told today on the phone.

LibertyEagle
08-18-2007, 06:45 PM
You may very well be right, but I'm not going to raise the issue unless they do.