PDA

View Full Version : Sovereign Citizen Movement

ams5995
03-19-2008, 12:15 AM
The Anti-Defamation League (ADL) has an article (http://www.adl.org/Learn/ext_us/SCM.asp?xpicked=4&item=20) on extremists, fringe, and the Posse Commitatus group. What's the group's view on this?

Origins: Çirca 1970; fully developed by early 1980s
Ideology: Anti-government, some white supremacist elements
Outreach: Vigilante courts, seminars, shortwave radio, the Internet, "schools of common law"
Notable Episodes: 1996 Montana Freeman standoff; 1997 Republic of Texas standoff Tactics "Paper terrorism," including frivolous lawsuits, frivolous liens, fictitious financial instruments, fictitious automobile-related documents, and misuse of genuine documents such as IRS forms; various frauds and scams
Hot Tactic: "Redemption" (see below)

The "sovereign citizen" movement is a loosely organized collection of groups and individuals who have adopted a right-wing anarchist ideology originating in the theories of a group called the Posse Comitatus in the 1970s. Its adherents believe that virtually all existing government in the United States is illegitimate and they seek to "restore" an idealized, minimalist government that never actually existed. To this end, sovereign citizens wage war against the government and other forms of authority using "paper terrorism" harassment and intimidation tactics, and occasionally resorting to violence.

Kludge
03-19-2008, 12:19 AM
We're extremists for now... ;)

(Of course, remember that Libertarians are NOT Minarchists or Anarchists, but that Minarchists and Anarchists are libertarians ;))

soapmistress
03-19-2008, 12:19 AM
hahahaha - lol @ shortwave radio

soapmistress
03-19-2008, 12:20 AM
oh crap! it's a PAPER TERRORIST!!!

ams5995
03-19-2008, 12:20 AM
"pseudo-historical and psuedo-legal claims"

notcarljung
03-20-2008, 02:12 AM
it's really great how the article doesn't differentiate between the guys at Waco and libertarians. almost... defamatory?

boggie08
03-25-2008, 03:33 PM
This is a load of crap, just like what the ADL said about Ron Paul. I guess this should be encouraging.

Deborah K
03-25-2008, 03:47 PM
The Anti-Defamation League (ADL) has an article (http://www.adl.org/Learn/ext_us/SCM.asp?xpicked=4&item=20) on extremists, fringe, and the Posse Commitatus group. What's the group's view on this?

Origins: Çirca 1970; fully developed by early 1980s
Ideology: Anti-government, some white supremacist elements
Outreach: Vigilante courts, seminars, shortwave radio, the Internet, "schools of common law"
Notable Episodes: 1996 Montana Freeman standoff; 1997 Republic of Texas standoff Tactics "Paper terrorism," including frivolous lawsuits, frivolous liens, fictitious financial instruments, fictitious automobile-related documents, and misuse of genuine documents such as IRS forms; various frauds and scams
Hot Tactic: "Redemption" (see below)

The "sovereign citizen" movement is a loosely organized collection of groups and individuals who have adopted a right-wing anarchist ideology originating in the theories of a group called the Posse Comitatus in the 1970s. Its adherents believe that virtually all existing government in the United States is illegitimate and they seek to "restore" an idealized, minimalist government that never actually existed. To this end, sovereign citizens wage war against the government and other forms of authority using "paper terrorism" harassment and intimidation tactics, and occasionally resorting to violence.

Of course these clowns are going to paint us as anarchists, fringe, etc. ADL is run by Glen Lewy, investment banker and CFR member. The John Warner Defense Authorization Act suspended Posse Commitatus last year.

Martial Law anyone?

youngbuck
03-27-2008, 11:44 AM
oh crap! it's a PAPER TERRORIST!!!

I know man, do these people even realize what they're saying? PAPER TERRORIST?! Not too long ago that term would have been ludicrous. Now, you can just tack on the word terror, terrorist, and terrorism to anything. People are so stupid.:mad:

pinkmandy
03-27-2008, 12:07 PM
To this end, sovereign citizens wage war against the government and other forms of authority using "paper terrorism" harassment and intimidation tactics, and occasionally resorting to violence.

Govt and other forms of authority? What does that mean? Govt OF the people? Who is this authority?

Paper terrorists? Surely they are joking. Is that the best they could come up with? Paper? Please now. I'm cracking up over here. Seriously LMAO! Paper terrorist alert is on orange today! Keep an eye out for suspicious paper activity.

We are so screwed folks. Our country is officially 85% mentally deficient. Sorry, 90%. What can you do facing odds like that?

Baptist
03-06-2010, 02:07 AM
Just read this link and was wondering what others thought on the soveriegn citizen movement.
http://www.theindychannel.com/news/22729218/detail.html

muzzled dogg
03-06-2010, 02:21 AM
thought you were talking about that state nationals / 14th amendment / red amendment sovereign shit

JustinTime
03-06-2010, 04:03 PM
The ADL is nothing more than a source for smear propaganda.

pacelli
03-06-2010, 04:15 PM
LOL at "Sovereign Citizen". That's an oxymoron. You can't be a citizen and be sovereign. People that have no idea what either word means tend to call themselves, "sovereign citizens".

Isaac Bickerstaff
03-06-2010, 04:51 PM
LOL at "Sovereign Citizen". That's an oxymoron. You can't be a citizen and be sovereign. People that have no idea what either word means tend to call themselves, "sovereign citizens".

That whole story from beginning to the ignorant comments at the end is a hatchet job.
Even if you do everything absolutely right with the paperwork etc, if you accidentally slip up and call yourself a "sovereign citizen", "They" will assume jurisdiction and have their way with you.
I think the phrase "sovereign citizen" was used at least a dozen times in that article. No reason for that whatsoever except to try to guide "groupthink."

pacelli
03-09-2010, 08:24 AM
That whole story from beginning to the ignorant comments at the end is a hatchet job.
Even if you do everything absolutely right with the paperwork etc, if you accidentally slip up and call yourself a "sovereign citizen", "They" will assume jurisdiction and have their way with you.
I think the phrase "sovereign citizen" was used at least a dozen times in that article. No reason for that whatsoever except to try to guide "groupthink."

Indeed!! Not to mention all of these 'straw man redemption' scams that claim you can supposedly pay off all of your debts using your dept of commerce-issued strawman account that they supposedly issued when your parents got you a birth certificate. I wonder why all of these $500-$1000 programs that give you the forms all have the same exact account number for every single person! (Not to mention even submitting the forms is a submission to jurisdiction).

On the other hand, I don't remember when I was born, and when that occurred, I had just gone through a terrible ordeal and didn't have the ability at that time to make a consenting opinion.