PDA

View Full Version : Positive PA experience

N13
03-18-2008, 11:04 PM
I'll be voting for Ron Paul in PA when the time comes.

Last weekend I took an 80 mile drive through Lancaster and Chester Counties. I counted 23 Ron Paul yard signs and zero for McCain and the others.

It made me feel good to see this, expecially a section of 5 modest homes that all had Ron Paul signs posted along Route 10.

I don't know what the end result is going to be here, but I can tell you the spirit of the movement is alive and well.

SWATH
03-18-2008, 11:10 PM
23 Ron Paul signs to McCain's 0 = McCain 95% to Ron Paul's 5% popular vote. Don't you see it is perfect math.

GoPaul08
03-18-2008, 11:10 PM
Gee...could that possibly be because people who had McCain signs took them down since he already won? I mean, honestly...how many states are you going to talk about saying that Ron Paul is dominating, only to have him get 5% of the votes?

Since MArch 4, there was NO reason for any Republican candidate supporter to keep their signs up.

mczerone
03-18-2008, 11:14 PM
Not to rain to hard on your parade, but that's the same as SE Michigan. Before our Primary the only private homes to have signs that I saw were all for Paul, except one for Huckabee. There were two Romney signs placed on public property (opposite both a upper-class sub-division and a Hyundai-Kia office building) the week of the primary, and the next day there were matching Paul signs.

Only after our primary did I see my first McCain sign, and I pass the house regularly, so I think they didn't put it out until after he "won" the nomination.

My area hovered between 6% and 14% for Paul, by district.

libertythor
03-18-2008, 11:14 PM
Maybe its a good idea to keep them up to increase name recognition and get people looking into the platform? Remember that a huge segment of Americans still hasn't heard of him because many don't get their news online still.

How many positive posts have you made lately?

But yes I agree that it would be bad math to use signs as an indicator.

Gee...could that possibly be because people who had McCain signs took them down since he already won? I mean, honestly...how many states are you going to talk about saying that Ron Paul is dominating, only to have him get 5% of the votes?

Since MArch 4, there was NO reason for any Republican candidate supporter to keep their signs up.

N13
03-18-2008, 11:15 PM
Ron Paul people understand that this movement extends beyond the election. McCain will propabaly win by a landslide. Who cares, there is a war to win. I wasn't expecting any yard signs, but there they were and they said Ron Paul. I was inspired.

LibertyIn08
Bud, canvass as much as you can. Work with your meetup group. Call HQ if you need anything. Post in the Penn forum.

But most of all: CANVASS. Get out the word. Use slim jims, conversation, etc. See if you can get people in the meetup groups and myspace to donate to the PA ad run.

In short: Don't stop with signs. Convert people. Urge your friends to each get 5 people to vote Ron Paul.

Leg work is important now.

RP4EVER
GoPaul08..........go talk to a neighbor or two or ten....on second thought....go support John McCain on HIS forum