PDA

View Full Version : Candidate Bomb?

notcarljung
03-18-2008, 10:43 PM
This is probably an idea that's unrealistic at best, but I'll throw it out there anyway. ;)

I think it's a safe bet to say there is at least one Ron Paul supporter in every state district in the United States. If a few people in each area would go around encouraging qualified individuals (or really anyone who likes RP) to run for various state legislatures, it could get widespread media attention.

In addition to this, it gives local Ron Paul activists another reason to keep spreading the basic ideas behind the Revolution.

Even if every campaign failed, the amount of supporters gained from active campaigning could prove to very beneficial to future efforts.

It couldn't be nationwide as some states aren't having too many elections this year. Also, the fees associated with running might are another obstacle to what would surely be very small groups.

Thoughts? Brilliant? Insane? Morbidly Obese?

boggie08
03-19-2008, 02:59 PM
I think in 2010 we could definitely pull this off. This year, we have to make do with the candidates we have.

nate895
03-19-2008, 04:00 PM
I think in 2010 we could definitely pull this off. This year, we have to make do with the candidates we have.

If it is for 2010, I'd participate if we did it in early 2009 (up until May), otherwise I'll need to start my campaign a bit earlier than that.