PDA

View Full Version : I'd like to teach the world to sing...?

LEK
03-18-2008, 03:46 PM
I know this is "old" news but I have never seen the explanation. He is admitting that he did not and will not cover his heart for the National Anthem.
POTUS material? Maybe for the NAU...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Obama Explains National Anthem Stance
AZCONSERVATIVE ^ | 27 Oct 2007 | John Semmens

Posted on 10/29/2007 4:38:01 PM PDT by John Semmens

Hot on the heels of his explanation for why he no longer wears a flag pin, presidential candidate Senator Barack Obama was forced to explain why he doesn’t follow protocol when the National Anthem is played.

According to the United States Code, Title 36, Chapter 10, Sec. 171, During rendition of the national anthem when the flag is displayed, all present except those in uniform are expected to stand at attention facing the flag with the right hand over the heart.

“As I’ve said about the flag pin, I don’t want to be perceived as taking sides,” Obama said. “There are a lot of people in the world to whom the American flag is a symbol of oppression. And the anthem itself conveys a war-like message. You know, the bombs bursting in air and all. It should be swapped for something less parochial and less bellicose. I like the song ‘I’d Like to Teach the World to Sing.’ If that were our anthem, then I might salute it.”

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-bloggers/1918119/posts

Deborah K
03-18-2008, 03:49 PM
What a true patriot!! A man who truly loves and is dedicated to his country, her traditions, and her values!!

Globalist PIG who won't even acknowledge his whiteness! How many of his followers even know that his mother is white?!

pinkmandy
03-18-2008, 03:50 PM
Well he should go be their President if he can't "choose" a side. If he can't even wear our flag then he has NO business trying to lead our country. That pisses me off.

LEK
03-18-2008, 03:53 PM
I would say he is anti-American...why is this not front page news? Oh, yeah, the press is anti-American too...sorry, silly me.

You know - I wonder what our Veterans would think of this little bit of information - our flag divides, the National Anthem is parochial and bombastic.

this is really quite inflamatory...

LEK
03-21-2008, 09:20 PM
I know this is "old" news but I have never seen the explanation. He is admitting that he did not and will not cover his heart for the National Anthem.
POTUS material? Maybe for the NAU...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Obama Explains National Anthem Stance
AZCONSERVATIVE ^ | 27 Oct 2007 | John Semmens

Posted on 10/29/2007 4:38:01 PM PDT by John Semmens

Hot on the heels of his explanation for why he no longer wears a flag pin, presidential candidate Senator Barack Obama was forced to explain why he doesn’t follow protocol when the National Anthem is played.

According to the United States Code, Title 36, Chapter 10, Sec. 171, During rendition of the national anthem when the flag is displayed, all present except those in uniform are expected to stand at attention facing the flag with the right hand over the heart.

“As I’ve said about the flag pin, I don’t want to be perceived as taking sides,” Obama said. “There are a lot of people in the world to whom the American flag is a symbol of oppression. And the anthem itself conveys a war-like message. You know, the bombs bursting in air and all. It should be swapped for something less parochial and less bellicose. I like the song ‘I’d Like to Teach the World to Sing.’ If that were our anthem, then I might salute it.”

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-bloggers/1918119/posts

I had to look up the word parochial to see how Obama was using in this statement (I was used to it applying to Catholic school).

1 : of or relating to a church parish
2 : of or relating to a parish as a unit of local government
3 : confined or restricted as if within the borders of a parish : limited in range or scope

Shouldn't a country's National Anthem be limited to it's Nation???
This man is unashamedly a globalist, a blatent puppet of the shadow government. I am amazed at how easily he is being embraced by the masses. We are seeing the result of collectivism as taught in the public school system. It would be a fascinating study if it weren't so tragic for the United States of America.