PDA

View Full Version : ALIPAC's Secret E-Mail (The One Your Not Suppose to See)

NeoRayden
03-18-2008, 03:08 PM
This email is intended to be a confidential report to group leaders only. Not for publication or further circulation please for the good of our movement.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fellow Immigration Enforcement Leaders:

This morning found another attack from Jim Gilchrist against ALIPAC in our e-mail box. It appears that this time he is working with the subversive "Dick Burns" which is a fake name on the net that is notorious for sending out e-mails that attack different groups in our movement. In the past, "Dick Burns" has attacked ALIPAC, FAIR, NumbersUSA and others. Now, Jim Gilchrist is weighing in with the message found at the end of this e-mail which was sent to many of you.

First and foremost, I want everyone to know that I share concerns about the mass fund raising apparatuses that raise so much money while giving little in return to our cause. I had to take a deep breath when I saw the MCDC PAC had raised over $900,000 and given only a few small donations to candidates. I will point out that PACs, like ALIPAC, can use funds for a variety of things that help our movement besides giving directly to candidates and I hope this is the case with the PAC run by Mr. Simcox and Mr. Sheldon via MCDC.

I recently discovered the PAC named Americans Against Illegal Immigration which appears to be handled by Eberle and associates. I was shocked to find they had raised $897,603 in 2006, an election year, but only $2,792 was contributed to candidates. I had never heard of this group before even though ALIPAC works extensively throughout the movement! AAII has no media presence, web presence, activists or volunteers, events, campaigns, etc...

AAII 2006 FEC Filings
http://www.opensecrets.org/pacs/lookup2.asp?strID=C00412718&cycle=2006

I am not surprised to see Mr. Gilchrist on the attack again. After all, about 90% of the in fighting and turmoil in our movement has emanated from Mr. Gilchrist and his small cell of operatives over the last few years. He is eager to distract from the fact that most of the groups in our movement will no longer work with him after the Hucakbee debacle where he endorsed a pro amnesty candidate and helped that candidate gather up the anti illegal immigration vote clearing the way for a McCain win in the primary.

Let me state for the record that every penny ALIPAC has ever raised or spent has always been a matter of public record via our reports to the Federal Elections Commission (FEC). We could have easily chosen another form of incorporation where our finances would be less visible, but we took this route to practice maximum openness and disclosure.

With all due respect to our friends in the movement, we are certain that ALIPAC is near the top of the scale in productivity and effectiveness per dollar raised. We have accomplished amazing things on a relatively shoe string budget compared to our million dollar adversaries.

Our FEC records can prove to each of you what I am going to say next.

ALIPAC has NEVER engaged in the kind of mass fund raising Mr. Gilchrist is accusing us of. We have built up our donor base year after year one American at a time.

While Mr. Gilchrist may believe that Minuteman 1, in April of 2005, is the center of the Universe, we disagree. ALIPAC was founded on 9/11/2004 and while we played a strong role in the success of Minuteman 1, so did many other leaders and groups beside Jim Gilchrist. Without our collective efforts, Jim Gilchrist would have been sitting on the border with less than 100 people. It is unfortunate that Mr. Gilchrist has offered our movement nothing but infighting and accusations since 2005.

ALIPAC raised around $130,000 last year. Our fund raising, web traffic, volunteer base, and volunteer staff growth has doubled each full year of operation. We build and manage the largest archive of information on the topic of illegal immigration in existence at www.alipac.us We manage the 3-4th largest volunteer base in the movement.

ALIPAC works with MCDC and many other groups. In fact, while not every group likes or supports ALIPAC, we hold the friendly record for coalition efforts in the movement with over 100 groups working together in our boycott coalition.

Mr. Gilchrist did not join the boycott coalition because Minuteman Project does their banking with Bank of America and we are boycotting BofA because they give credit cards to illegals. See www.bankofamericaboycott.com and www.illegalimmigrationboycott.com

While ALIPAC does not engage in mass fund raising, Jim Gilchrist's Minuteman Project does. Jim hired and worked with Diener and Associates in 2005 when he was running for Congress. After splitting with Diener, Jim Gilchrist and his assistant Steve Eichler setup their own mass fund raising apparatus patterned after MCDC/Diener. While you can easily see all of ALIPAC's finances, good luck getting your hands on Jim Gilchrist's data.

One of the prior members of the Minuteman organization told me that Minuteman Project was raising almost $30,000 per month these days through mass fund raising. God I hope not. Minuteman Project has not had a single significant operation for the benefit of our cause since their "Operation Sovereignty" fell apart in La Redo, TX back in 2006!

When Gilchrist and Simcox parted ways, they agreed that Chris Simcox would continue border operations while Jim Gilchrist would go after employers that hired illegal aliens in the interior of the US. Jim called this "Operation Spotlight".

Most of the leaders on this list can tell you that we never saw any interior enforcement push materialize from Jim Gilchrist. The Arizona Star reported on August 11, 2006 "Gilchrist's interior enforcement mission has fizzled"

Jim Gilchrist is quick to go around pointing fingers at others about finances when he is the one that had to declare bankruptcy in 1993, has been fired by his board of Directors of Minuteman Project "amid allegations of fraud and financial mismanagement"

Wiki
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Gilchrist

In fact, mass fund raising is one of the key factors that got Gilchrist in hot water with his board members. According to the Washington Times ('Minuteman Project In Turmoil Over Financial Allegations', March 13, 2007) Gilchrist hired the now defunct HSP Direct company and raised $750,000 of which only around $100,000 made it to the Minuteman Project and of that what have we seen in return?

Most of us that have donated to Jim in the past regularly receive his latest appeals for funds in the mail.

So in closing, ALIPAC does not mass fund raise and we do get a great deal done for what little funds we raise from our hard built donor base. Our donors are obviously content with our performance or they would not continue to donate.

Mr. Gilchrist, on the other hand, does engage in mass fund raising, soaks up large amounts of money from concerned citizens, while providing very little back to our cause other than trouble. He constantly finds himself in the middle of in fighting and allegations of financial wrong doing. Since he has no significant or successful projects of his own he is constantly trying to lay claim to the work of others. Just ask the San Diego Minutemen, they were shocked when Jim Gilchrist recently sent out a copy of the New York Times article about their Highway cleanup project debacle. Gilchrist removed the name San Diego Minutemen and quotes from the group's leader Jeff Schwilk, replaced their name with "Minutemen" and used the article to raise funds via email!

If anyone on my leadership list has any remaining doubts, please visit Brook Young's Immigration Watchdog website at this link for more details on how Gilchrist raises money but produces very little.

http://www.immigrationwatchdog.com/?cat=83

ALIPAC has no need for the Minuteman Project or Jim Gilchrist and it is sad to see that our original investments of time and funds TO JIM GILCHRIST have been wasted by poor leadership or worse.

William Gheen
www.alipac.us
Americans for Legal Immigration PAC (ALIPAC)

PS: Is it possible that "Dick Burns" is one of the latest manifestations of the many faces of Jim Gilchrist like the fake names he uses to put out material like "Jack Sharp" and "Perry Emmerson"? Gilchrist was busted earlier for sending out a press release under a fake name with fake quotes that Huckabee did not make. Huckabee had to apologize in the Washington Times for this.

----

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jim Gilchrist has weighed in with his own first hand observations on the
professional fund raising industry. His insights contribute to this
thread and I pass them on for your benefit.

Dick
================================================== ====================

Century21Minuteman
To:
Subject: RE: Minuteman PAC revenue $902,000 - overhead eats up over 95%

Detective Burns,

This is no surprise to me. The Diener/MCDC group, in conjunction with the
ALIPAC group, has been riding the coattails of the Minuteman Project for
three years now, raking in millions from naïve donors. They have the
resources, the donor money, and the manpower to continue fleecing the
public in an effort to make even more money. Actually, MCDC is apparently
wholly owned by fund raiser Diener Consultants. Chris Simcox is only a
puppet used to attract more donors.

I launched the Minuteman Project from scratch, even turning away donations
for the first six months. I remember a couple people trying to shove
hundred dollar bills into my hands and I would politely thank them for
their generosity, but then hand it back to them, saying this is not about
money, it's about sincerity and a passion to save our nation.

The Minuteman movement has come a long way since Oct. 1, 2004, but not for
the moral good. Now, it is all about professional fund raising companies
launching direct mailer after direct mailer in an effort to cash in on
gullible donors who think their $50 is going to the crusaders in the
movement. Only about $1 of that $50 (if any at all) makes its way to the
troops most of the rest is kept by the fund raising company.

A perfect example of how greed (both ego and financial) has infected this
movement can be found at my web site under the FAQ button. There you will
find an anatomy of an attempted hijacking and piracy of the Minuteman
Project, with the motives being strictly greed and envy, but mostly greed.

Most unfortunately, the consequence of the greed factor is that
professional fund raising companies like ALIPAC and Diener/MCDC earnestly
work to exterminate any competitors (like the Minuteman Project) so that
they will have access to 100% of the donor base.

You see, to a professional fund raising company, jumping on a trend, it is
all about making money, not at all about saving a nation crafted in the
vision of our Founding Fathers. It makes me wonder if some of those I
have been fighting for are of less character and integrity than the
pro-illegal alien fanatics I have been fighting against all these years.

Cheers,

Jim Gilchrist, BAJ, BSBA, MBA, CPA - Founder and President

Jim Gilchrist's MINUTEMAN PROJECT, INC. (DBA The Minuteman Project)

- A multi-ethnic, immigration law enforcement advocacy group.

- Operating within the law to support enforcement of the law.

- The power of change through the power of peace.

In Response to Jim Gilchrist and "Dick Burns" e-mail

runderwo
03-18-2008, 05:09 PM
If you want this to be private, you've posted it in the wrong place.

-lotus-
03-18-2008, 05:23 PM
i think that was the point

idiom
03-18-2008, 05:54 PM
Good alias.

Lord Xar
03-18-2008, 07:20 PM
alipac is a stand up organization and william gheen has done a ton of positives for the movement to secure our borders and enforce the laws. just like our own government, many groups have been infilitrated to work "against" what they propose to work for.. ala, the groups mentions (raising near a million, yet NOTHING is spent)...

Alipac is one of the few honest and productive groups.