PDA

View Full Version : The Dichotomy in Ron Paul Circle's beliefs: "movement" vs. "campaign"

SteveMartin
03-18-2008, 01:35 PM
I have it from people who have known and worked for RP for years that essentially Kent Snyder talked RP into running in order to build a movement and to get the message out. They succeeded. However.....

None of us who began working for the campaign as early as a year ago knew this, and thought we were in a real campaign for the Presidency. Many devoted hundreds of hours, gave money they really didn't have, quit their jobs, sold their homes, etc. only to find out later they were working for something they may not have worked as hard for otherwise. Many of us in this campaign effort have been around long enough to have seen similar "movement building" efforts succeed for awhile, shoot to brilliance for a season, and then fade.

Can we now go ahead and run a real bid to take the Presidency on behalf of those folks who gave so much? An Indy run that takes in a high profile VP like a Bob Barr could get the endorsement of all the third parties and "unite the clans" so to speak. That is how we build a movement.

Going after the Rockefeller controlled Republican Party has become an exercise in total futility despite our many successes. We MUST build a coalition of parties and rally around candidates who truly believe they can and will win---unless you believe we have 10-20 years left as a free country.

I think we may have a lot, lot less than that.

It is now or never. Are you ready for a real revolution??

acptulsa
03-18-2008, 01:40 PM
I'm here. I'm a delegate to the district convention and will be circulating a petition to get him on the ballot in my state with or without the G.O.P. Working within and without. Hoo boy am I ready! I miss my liberty.

SteveMartin
03-18-2008, 01:58 PM
Let the "movement" thrive and grow. Viva la Movement!!!

But, hey, let's run a Presidential campaign now too. Why not? What have we got to lose? We either all hang together, or we shall all certainly hang seperately anyway.

Catatonic
03-18-2008, 02:08 PM
Thats very frustrating if its true. I spent so much time arguing that Ron could win if we'd vote for him...if I knew he wasn't really trying to win I wouldn't have bothered.

SteveMartin
03-18-2008, 02:13 PM
Cat,

Exactly, that, and the fact that the HQ staff that was hired was largely made up of 20-somethings with very little experience, while hundreds of applications submitted by experienced patriots with decades of heart-wrenching struggle against the NWO were ignored, is why so many are so upset at present.

Energy
03-18-2008, 02:16 PM
Thats very frustrating if its true. I spent so much time arguing that Ron could win if we'd vote for him...if I knew he wasn't really trying to win I wouldn't have bothered.

He always has been and is trying to win. Some of those around him are questionable (inexperience, incompetence or otherwise).

SteveMartin
03-18-2008, 02:19 PM
Energy,

I'm not so sure he is now. Even Carol told me how close he came to quitting at times because of infighting, etc., at national HQ.

I think the total drying up of donations has him on the edge of just giving up completely right now.

I would hate to see that happen....

SteveMartin
03-18-2008, 04:30 PM
bump

Banana
03-18-2008, 05:14 PM
Hmm.

This discussion will get us delegates how?

Bring the message to undecided voters?

Yeah, looks like a big waste of time to me. I'd just move on over to threads about delegates, grassroots efforts and thing that actually matters.