PDA

View Full Version : Pelosi Opponent Vows to Impeach Bush & Cheney

anonymous6728
03-18-2008, 10:38 AM
Cindy Sheehan, the mother of a veteran that was killed in Iraq, is challenging House Speaker Nancy Pelosi for her congressional seat later this year. She was the woman that camped out on George Bush's ranch so that she could talk to him about the war.

She, along with Shirley Golub, a former Kucinich campaign worker, is running on a platform to impeach Bush & Cheney. Though she might not succeed in pushing the motion through if elected, she would stir things up enough to make Bush & Cheney's life hell.

Pelosi spent almost $2 million last campaign. Hopefully there are enough people who feel as strongly as she does about impeaching Bush & Cheney and will give these candidates the support they need to make their voice heard in Washington. It would make more sense to me if they worked as a team. Hopefully, they'll figure that out:)

Aratus
03-18-2008, 11:13 AM
a link... this story is ongoing.
http://www.cindyforcongress.org/

AisA1787
03-18-2008, 11:17 AM
I've heard some talk about impeaching Bush and Cheney, but don't know much about it. What are the specific charges? Just curious.

maggiebott
03-18-2008, 11:20 AM
War crimes to start with, but don't see the impeachment doing much good now.

pcosmar
03-18-2008, 11:24 AM
So, aside from the focused Pet Peeve, what other positions do they have.
Seems a rather limited platform.

Working Poor
03-18-2008, 11:33 AM
War crimes to start with, but don't see the impeachment doing much good now.

I think impeachment is still a good idea cause it would hold them accountable for starting a war without congress declaring war. Also I think it would be a good thing for future presidents who might think about exercising this kind of power.

Alawn
03-18-2008, 11:42 AM
Does nobody see the problem with this? The new person wouldn't get in until Bush goes out. What the heck is the point of her vowing anything? It would be like me running and vowing to impeach George Washington.

acptulsa
03-18-2008, 11:49 AM
Does nobody see the problem with this? The new person wouldn't get in until Bush goes out. What the heck is the point of her vowing anything? It would be like me running and vowing to impeach George Washington.

As pointed out in the other thread on this. Yes, if they won this year, they'd have a few hours to pull it off. Peh.

Working Poor
03-18-2008, 11:51 AM
Well the biggest reason is so the next president won't have the same kind of power that Bush has. Right now the President can do anything he wants to which is exactly why we are in this mess...

I don't want to see another president have the kind of power that Bush/Cheney have. If you haven't noticed Bush's veto power then you are not paying attention.

Alawn
03-18-2008, 11:53 AM
As pointed out in the other thread on this. Yes, if they won this year, they'd have a few hours to pull it off. Peh.

You wont convince congress to do anything in the last hour

HOLLYWOOD
03-18-2008, 11:55 AM

PELOSI needs to go... how that "Train Wreck Politician" got to be Speaker of the house still boggles me.

Nancy Pelosi is as corrupt McCain/FeinStein and all thier closed door dealings... they just reelection and power.

I hope Sheehan SMOKES PELOSI and they "CUFF the CRIMINALS" that have destroyed the country and caused TERROR arounf the world.

acptulsa
03-18-2008, 11:58 AM
Well the biggest reason is so the next president won't have the same kind of power that Bush has. Right now the President can do anything he wants to which is exactly why we are in this mess...

I don't want to see another president have the kind of power that Bush/Cheney have. If you haven't noticed Bush's veto power then you are not paying attention.

Bush and Cheney can be indicted for crimes they committed while in office. We have until the statute of limitations runs out on the particular crimes. That's one reason I want Dr. Paul in charge of the Dept. of Justice this time next year.

One reason of many, of course.

N13
03-18-2008, 11:32 PM
Addition by substraction. I'd take Gumbi over Pelisi.