PDA

View Full Version : Israel to hold massive emergency drill

LEK
03-18-2008, 09:54 AM
Israel to hold massive emergency drill

In the face of a possible escalation with Syria and Iran's efforts to obtain a nuclear weapon, parts of the country will shut down next month in what security officials say will be the largest emergency exercise in Israel's history.

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1205420704459&pagename=JPost%2FJPArticle%2FShowFull

Keep in mind that many of the Executive Orders that Bush has signed can be enacted due to Domestic OR International Emergencies…

raiha
03-19-2008, 04:08 AM
:eek::eek::eek:

Renegades
03-19-2008, 04:51 AM
:eek::eek::eek:

What's with the scared shit less look? Israel is holding a drill....So what?

gutteck
03-19-2008, 08:12 AM
What's with the scared shit less look? Israel is holding a drill....So what?

This means they are going to attack Iran soon. Israel is preparing for a possible retaliation.

raiha
03-19-2008, 12:49 PM
Read up on the significance of drills as smokescreens.

Renegades
03-19-2008, 03:29 PM
This means they are going to attack Iran soon. Israel is preparing for a possible retaliation.

I don't think Israel could handle an offensive war.

Nirvikalpa
03-19-2008, 04:24 PM

Ohh yes they can, because we will support them. :rolleyes:

And they take anybody, man or woman, once they reach age 18. It's mandatory to serve in the Israeli army.

nate895
03-19-2008, 04:36 PM
So what, they have drills once every so often. So does South Korea, does that mean they are going to war with the DPROK anytime soon? No, it means they have a neighbor to the north that threatens their survival, so they hold drills to make sure that everyone knows where to be in case the worst happens. Besides, An Israeli aircraft would be landing on fumes (probably in the middle of the Jordanian Desert) if they were to strike at Iran.

jpwilhelm
03-19-2008, 08:01 PM
I hope they get their asses handed to them, they have had it coming to them.

Chomsky
03-19-2008, 10:21 PM
Ohh yes they can, because we will support them. :rolleyes:

And they take anybody, man or woman, once they reach age 18. It's mandatory to serve in the Israeli army.
Israel has clearly stated that they will not attack Iran unilaterally and I believe them, its looking more and more that war with Iran will start with the pretext of protecting Israel, the international community isn't buying the atomic weapons story as much as the U.S. was hoping(the last sanctions did not pass unanimously), and the meddling in Iraq pretext just isn't going to cut it.

ryanmkeisling
03-20-2008, 01:58 AM

Maybe not but they are sitting on a society of trained soldiers and a stockpile of weapons, some of which are nuclear. I had an Israeli girlfriend for a while and you would not know it to look at her but she could kick my ass in a heartbeat. She was a trained killer at 18 years of age; her and all of her Israeli friends.