PDA

View Full Version : *HOT* Participate in Big Name poll

CJP
08-18-2007, 04:28 PM
*(see update below)

I am a regular participant in a poll-by-email from a major polling company. Not all the polls are presidential-campaign-related, but I just got one that was and completed it. (It also had a lot of questions about the Iraq war.)

I was also asked if I would like to invite others to participate. I don't know if someone I invite now will be eligible for this poll, but there will surely be more to come and you will be eligible for those. I also don't know how many I can invite until I try it, but I'll try to find out ;) .

So, anyone who would like to join the ranks of poll-participants, please send me a private email*. I don't want to say anything more here and get accused of spamming.

Also, in general, if you do get polled by someone, please keep in mind how they determine who a "likely republican primary voter" is. If you say you're a Libertarian or Independent, or say you didn't vote in the last electipon, etc., your opinion will likely not count. This is why Ron Paul's crossover support and interest from new and previously-disinterested voters is not showing up in the polls. This means that they are basically counting only the opinions of proven neocon robots for this primary race.

Perhaps we can help counter this built-in lack of "fairness and balance" in polling. Thanks.

Patriot
08-18-2007, 04:49 PM
Only one poll really counts, the one on March 7th. Do you have a link to this company's web site?

CJP
08-18-2007, 05:04 PM
*(see update below)

Patriot, I'm not sure if we're talking about the same poll, because you don't see the results of these polls for a few days. This is a polling company whose name starts with "Z".

If you aren't already a participant in these polls, you must email me now*. This is not an open web poll, it is an poll-by-email by a scientific polling company -- that's why this is a great opportunity to get like-minded folks on the list of people they use, for this and for future polls.

Right now, I've got the window open where I can fill in the emails of others I want to invite. So I need to hear from some folks soon.

CJP
08-18-2007, 05:30 PM
Ok, I only got two emails :confused: -- and the window where I could enter the email address of people to invite has timed-out. Not to worry though, I have a friend who can fill in her survey and use it to invite you two.

If anyone else wants to participate, go ahead and send me your email in a private message, but please do it soon. Thanks.

Spirit of '76
08-18-2007, 05:35 PM
I don't see any reason that we can't say Zogby here. They publicly invite people to register for their polls.

The whole thing about the poll to which you are referring is this: Not everyone who answers polls for Zogby gets the same polls. I am registered with Zogby and answer polls for them all the time, but I was not asked to participate in this poll. Just because you invite other people to sign up with Zogby doesn't mean that they will be invited to participate in this particular poll.

That said, I highly encourage everyone here to sign up with Zogby for invitations to participate in future polls.

Nihilist23
08-18-2007, 06:14 PM
This is ridiculous. Surely you can come up with something more sensible than asking for everyone who wants to participate to have to send you an e-mail.

CJP
08-18-2007, 08:30 PM
I don't see any reason that we can't say Zogby here. They publicly invite people to register for their polls.

I originally got an invitation from them "out of the blue", probably selected from some mailing list. So I assumed that was how it worked for everybody :o (I wasn't aware that they publicly invite participation). So when I saw a place to give them other peoples' email addresses, I thought this would be a good opportunity to get more of us in on it.

If you can just sign up by asking, then by all means do so! And I stand corrected.

Btw, I didn't mention their name because I didn't want them to get suspicious of spamming their polls and throw in a "multiplier" against RP.