PDA

View Full Version : Bank Of America: Stop Assisting Illegals!

WarDog
03-17-2008, 09:51 PM
Last year Bank of America started testing a program that would provide credit cards to individuals (usually illegal immigrants) that had no Social Security number or verifiable credit. The only condition was that they needed to maintain a checking account for at least 3 months, with no overdrafts.

http://www.firesociety.com/article/10570/Petition--Bank-of-America---Stop-assisting-Illegals-/

ItsTime
03-17-2008, 10:00 PM
To bad people with bad credit are not smart enough to fake their SS# and rape these asses.

apc3161
03-17-2008, 10:19 PM
I see no problem with this. I recently set up a new bank account with Etrade. It took me roughly 1 hour before it was finished.

They wanted my name, SS#, address, phone number, drivers license, birth certificate, etc etc.
I asked why they needed this and they said it was federal law and the patriot act. They had to disclose information to the feds about what I was doing with my money.

The process should go like this. I give them money, they give me a bank account number, and we agree upon some form of security whether it be a password or whatever to ensure my money is safe from thiefs.

There is no reason to legally require people to identify themselves when opening up a bank account.

With regard to "credit history" If the banks want to give cards out to people with no credit history, that is their risk.

LT for the Truth
03-17-2008, 10:22 PM
wow, I just tried to open an account with Washington Mutual (Nevada). They would not do it because I didn't have a valid phone number, no lie! I'm in the process of a move. Not only that, they didn't want to accept my social security card as formal I.D. Why the bias against its' own citizens?