PDA

View Full Version : What are these new words people have so deeply accepted?

rekced
03-17-2008, 07:53 PM
"Extremism!"

"Radicalism."

What are these words? (I'm not actually asking)

I'm bringing it up to vent. It seems whenever I talk to libertarian-leaning conservative friends about Ron Paul, I always here things like "Yeah, his message is OK, but he's a little bit of an extremist... McCain is basically the same but he's not as extreme. I strongly prefer him!"

People make me so frustrated I would seriously bash my head into concrete. People will accept any extreme radical actions within our government as normal and then when someone offers a truly responsible solution that reflects the ideology of the Founding Fathers, they're an extremist. They're an extremist when they bring up problems our government has had with obeying the law overseas and propping up governments that don't even share our fundamental views for dishonest motives. If you EVEN BRING IT UP YOU'RE AN EXTREMIST RADICAL! AHHHHHHHHHH!

I am so frustrated with the people in this country. I am also frustrated with the people on this forum when they talk about how they LOVE Ron Paul shortly before they say how he won't win. Doesn't anyone realize the confidence people share in our constitutional soldier is as important as the MAN HIMSELF! I remember reading people expressing their lack of confidence in him being able to win way back before Giuliani was being called a front-runner by the media.

On a more positive note, he did cure my apathy more than any other person in politics ever has. He cleared many issues that were still a little bit gray. I feel more calm and confident whenever I am discussing the issues with people. I get a lot of positive feedback from almost everyone who hears about it. Most of it is thanks to our man.

Thanks for letting me rant.

Kotin
03-17-2008, 08:34 PM
man i am with you.

if i were a man of impulse alone i would have gone on a shouting frenzy, then a shooting one.

sheep are smarter, trust me.

christagious
03-17-2008, 09:14 PM
People make me so frustrated I would seriously bash my head into concrete.

That's pretty extreme you damn radical you. :p

Kludge
03-17-2008, 11:32 PM
"Radicals for Capitalism".

Wear it with pride - or extreme sadness that everyone else is full of bullshit.

clouds
03-17-2008, 11:49 PM
a moderate politician = a politician

acptulsa
03-18-2008, 06:26 AM
Extremism is challenging the wisdom of the status quo. Radicalism is wanting to change it. The only sad part to all of this is the status quo is so far off the mark that it makes wisdom, restraint and sensibility into extremism.

OptionsTrader
03-18-2008, 06:37 AM
Doublethink. Look it up if you aren't familiar...

Mr.mark
03-19-2008, 01:02 AM
Democracy. A lot of people say it like its a good thing. Should we add it to the list?