PDA

View Full Version : What's up with Misourri?

acroso
03-17-2008, 06:05 PM
Can anyone give me a summary. I read through that Missouri Caucus thread and none of it made it sense. People were talking about replacing county chairman and passing bylaws county by county. Sorry I'm lost, and need a summary..

Mr. White
03-17-2008, 06:07 PM
As a former resident, I'll just say that we kick ass. I can't give you any more specifics.

nate895
03-17-2008, 06:30 PM
We got 75+% of the delegates from counties we have info from.

soapmistress
03-17-2008, 06:32 PM
woot!

acroso
03-17-2008, 06:32 PM
"
We got 75+% of the delegates from counties we have info from."

How do yo come up with a number like that, and why does it matter?

acroso
03-17-2008, 06:43 PM
This is an interesting article..light on specifics tho. (http://primebuzz.kcstar.com/?q=node/10514)

Zera
03-17-2008, 06:45 PM
I believe we basically have 75% of the state to us. Meaning, Missouri belongs to Paul now.

Nevada is also basically like this. We have the two biggest counties in that state, and as you know, the state doesn't have many counties or people aside from those two counties (Clark and Washoe or something). We can also assume we got the fourth highest, since it was a county that Paul won during the state's primaries. So, I think we can say that we have Missouri and Nevada now.

nate895
03-17-2008, 06:46 PM
"
We got 75+% of the delegates from counties we have info from."

How do yo come up with a number like that, and why does it matter?

It matters because we can change the rules, and it was in the Missouri thread we have mentioned.

acroso
03-17-2008, 06:50 PM
So if we get a 2/3 control of the delegates that are assigned during the caucuses, we can unbind the delegates...won't they still be McCain delegates though>

Zera
03-17-2008, 06:53 PM
So if we get a 2/3 control of the delegates that are assigned during the caucuses, we can unbind the delegates...won't they still be McCain delegates though>

Being unbound to a delegate means nothing. Nobody who you are unbound to, you can vote for anyone you wish. Missouri and Nevada most likely will have 2/3 of the state convention, and can then pass a resolution to make the delegates in their states unbound. They can then nominate and make Paul supporters to national delegates, and BAM! All those delegates are Paul's.

nate895
03-17-2008, 06:54 PM
Being unbound to a delegate means nothing. Nobody who you are unbound to, you can vote for anyone you wish. Missouri and Nevada most likely will have 2/3 of the state convention, and can then pass a resolution to make the delegates in their states unbound. They can then nominate and make Paul supporters to national delegates, and BAM! All those delegates are Paul's.

Well, they weren't bound in NV to begin with.

Zera
03-17-2008, 06:56 PM
Well, they weren't bound in NV to begin with.

Two were to McCain another two to Paul. Rest were Romney's, but we need all the delegates we can get. Missouri was given to McCain though, and has a whopping 58 delegates. We can assume those are Paul's now because of all the Missouri news.

nate895
03-17-2008, 06:58 PM
Two were to McCain another two to Paul. Rest were Romney's, but we need all the delegates we can get. Missouri was given to McCain though, and has a whopping 58 delegates.

Those were true estimates from Nevada. The delegates had it all along.

kigol
03-17-2008, 07:01 PM
hehe

derdy
03-17-2008, 08:15 PM
I believe we basically have 75% of the state to us. Meaning, Missouri belongs to Paul now.

Nevada is also basically like this. We have the two biggest counties in that state, and as you know, the state doesn't have many counties or people aside from those two counties (Clark and Washoe or something). We can also assume we got the fourth highest, since it was a county that Paul won during the state's primaries. So, I think we can say that we have Missouri and Nevada now.

MO doesn't belong to Paul unless we are able to change the standing rules at the State Convention to unbind the delegates. Otherwise, we are bound to vote for McCain on the first vote and are released to vote for whom we like after that, should there be a broken convention.

Zera
03-17-2008, 08:43 PM
MO doesn't belong to Paul unless we are able to change the standing rules at the State Convention to unbind the delegates. Otherwise, we are bound to vote for McCain on the first vote and are released to vote for whom we like after that, should there be a broken convention.

If there is seriously a 75% of Paul supporters there, why COULDN'T you change the rule? Someone just has to propose it, you take a vote, and if the majority is Paulites (75% is more than 2/3), then it will pass and you will all be unbound.

runderwo
03-17-2008, 09:52 PM
If there is seriously a 75% of Paul supporters there, why COULDN'T you change the rule? Someone just has to propose it, you take a vote, and if the majority is Paulites (75% is more than 2/3), then it will pass and you will all be unbound.

Have you ever read the Art of War?

What is certain is that there is no certainty once your enemy becomes aware of you.

runderwo
03-17-2008, 09:53 PM
Otherwise, we are bound to vote for McCain on the first vote and are released to vote for whom we like after that, should there be a broken convention.

I like the idea of a broken convention. Who will fix it?

wgadget
03-17-2008, 10:04 PM
Here's a media report:

http://www.kansascity.com/news/politics/story/535453.html

acroso
03-17-2008, 10:21 PM
That Kansas City article of the year!~!!!!!!

hahahaha loved it.