PDA

View Full Version : YouTube Removes Ron Paul from Election Page

wowabunga
03-17-2008, 05:01 PM
The home page for "YOU CHOOSE 08" no longer has Ron Paul listed... just McCain. This is so wrong.

http://youtube.com/youchoose

Here is a direct link to their comments form to send them some lip:
http://www.google.com/support/youtube/bin/request.py?contact_type=general

My goodness we just can't seem to get a break. So we'll need to make our own...! What do you think of going back to the door to door boots on the ground canvasing to get the message out. We'll need a flashy newspaper and dvds. We need to do something quick. Oh... the message and production quality of the materials needs to rock. Far better than anything we've yet produced ( aka Rising Tide raised the quality bar up where it should have been... lets move it ).

OptionsTrader
03-17-2008, 05:04 PM
Contact Steve Grove:
citizensteve@youtube.com
http://www.youtube.com/citizentube

Gravel is annoyed as well:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V61xhz7_dec
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=128680

yongrel
03-17-2008, 05:17 PM
oh FFS...

Zera
03-17-2008, 05:20 PM
Stuff like this makes me wonder how every type of media will respond or try to if Paul gets the nomination...

OptionsTrader
03-17-2008, 05:22 PM
Stuff like this makes me wonder how every type of media will respond or try to if Paul gets the nomination...

Paul who?

*chirp* .......... *chirp* .......... *chirp*

latkinson6
03-17-2008, 05:23 PM
been that way for a while.:mad:

RonPaulwillWin
03-17-2008, 05:36 PM
That's really sad because Paul was the king of youtube

j650
03-17-2008, 05:38 PM
Youtube didn't remove Ron Paul. Ron Paul removed Ron Paul. Didn't get enough votes. Thanks for playing! Try again in 4 years.

Zera
03-17-2008, 05:40 PM
Youtube didn't remove Ron Paul. Ron Paul removed Ron Paul. Didn't get enough votes. Thanks for playing! Try again in 4 years.

God damn it, why isn't this guy banned? All he does is go to threads and say the same exact thing. Fuck off.

Sandra
03-17-2008, 05:43 PM

HEY! Check out all this guy's posts! :p

Mr. White
03-17-2008, 05:45 PM
God damn it, why isn't this guy banned? All he does is go to threads and say the same exact thing. Fuck off.

he sticks around because you let it get you worked up.

While it's unfortunate that youtube pulled him, I don't think RP is really fighting such actions anymore. I don't think his presence in that section will have any real impact anymore.

durden0
03-17-2008, 05:47 PM

Last time I checked, getting enough votes isn't required to stay in the race unless someone has been declared an official winner. That can't happen until the convention. Try again?

Canadiandude
03-17-2008, 05:47 PM
Hahaha, wow j650, you are so subtle! Good job, you earn a star!

A Ron Paul Rebel
03-17-2008, 05:57 PM

+2 for getting rid of this ass

OptionsTrader
03-17-2008, 06:00 PM
Flag him, and PM Cowlsey.

j650
03-17-2008, 06:00 PM
I know you guys don't like to hear the truth, but that's just the way it is. If Ron Paul were still relevant in the Presidential race, he'd be up there. It's as simple as that. He hasn't even won a state and you guys are acting like he's right on John McCain's heels. I wish they wouldn't take him down either, but I understand why.

wowabunga
03-17-2008, 06:22 PM

As a favor to myself... tomorrow I will go out of my way and mention Ron Paul's name to 10 total strangers. Take that stranger.

kigol
03-17-2008, 06:28 PM
:(

wowabunga
03-17-2008, 06:33 PM
:(

Don't be sad... do something. Use the Youtube form and send a message. Down load some fliers off the web and hand them out.... simple photocopies will work... the "message" is all that matters... get the "message" out...

I Am Weasel
03-17-2008, 08:11 PM
I know you guys don't like to hear the truth, but that's just the way it is. If Ron Paul were still relevant in the Presidential race, he'd be up there. It's as simple as that. He hasn't even won a state and you guys are acting like he's right on John McCain's heels. I wish they wouldn't take him down either, but I understand why.

Yeah, he wasn't relevant in Missouri. whatever... guess you're gonna vote for Obama since it'd be beneath you be against the blatant slandering of him now?

mketcher
03-17-2008, 09:02 PM

Ron Paul is still in the race, because he's raised the money to stay in it. All the others are out, because they ran out of money. He may not have gotten a lot of votes in some primaries -- after being smeared and ignored by the press -- but he has substantial grassroots support and still has money to continue. No other candidate can make that claim, including McCain, who has virtually no grassroots support, but who has name recognition, and substantial free press coverage. All the other ex-candidates have run out of money (except Romney who tired of spending his own money).

Joseph Hart
03-17-2008, 09:06 PM
Youtube Contact:
650-253-0000
Steve Grove:
+8 then 47683#78383
PLEASE BE KIND AND PEACEFUL.
Explain that we are disappointed and that neither Mike Gravel or Ron Paul have dropped out and are still in the race. We deserve equal coverage. We are the ones that pay the YouTube/Google bills. BE KIND!!!

Ex Post Facto
03-17-2008, 09:10 PM

It will be the first time in History that democrats run uncontested to presidency.

GoPaul08
03-17-2008, 11:10 PM

Why not wonder how the media will respond if tomorrow the sun turns blue? Both have the EXACT same probability of happening.

Well...let me clarify...I mean to people who exist in THIS reality they have the exact same chance of happening.

And Joeseph...how about Alan Keyes? You can't have it both ways. Either they should include everybody who hasn't officially dropped out (and therefore Alan Keyes) or they should only include people who have ANY chance of getting the nomination, in which case it is McCain, Obama and Hillary.

After all, Alan Keyes has just 16 delegates less than Gravel and Ron Paul combined. So you shouldn't be counting him out.

And MKetcher...that money is quickly running out. If you think that is why he is stil in it, then you better start donating again. Even with this weeknd's purging of the payroll, he is not getting enough in donations to cover salaries, let alone salaries, and every other expense.

And by the way...the reason why the others are out is NOT because they ran out of money. It is because the race is over. I hate to break it to you, but it is. If you really want ot do good, you would acccept that and move on to the next phase. Otherwise, no one will take you seriously ever again, and that doesn't help anyone.

wowabunga
03-18-2008, 04:25 PM
hate to break it to you, but it is. If you really want ot do good, you would acccept that and move on to the next phase. Otherwise, no one will take you seriously ever again, and that doesn't help anyone.

Last time I checked this was still a free country to do as we please... so said... I'll be spending my all Spring and Summer waking people up. If phase 2 is educating the masses (as we are told to do by Jefferson) then I'm all for the next phase.

As far as acceptance... I can't see how a populace once awakened would accept any of the likes of McCain, Hillery or even Obama. Tell me more about the next phase please... Until then I'll be waking people up. Woke up a gal today who's a mover and shaker in her profession... it was a very good day.

OptionsTrader
03-18-2008, 04:51 PM
It will be the first time in History that democrats run uncontested to presidency.

Democrat or Republican, it doesn't matter. Unless the masses wake up to reality and come to our side, this will be an election of false choice. No matter who the masses vote for, they will get the same result.

LR puts it best:

So November will probably bring another triumph of American democracy, McCain and Clinton, that is, a left-neocon against a right-neocon. The voting charade will, once again, showcase the real meaning of official democracy here and around the world--an election the neocons can't lose.

joebeeson
03-18-2008, 04:53 PM
CALL GOOGLE / YOU TUBE NOW!!! FOR RON PAUL 650-253-0000 press 0

they have censored ron paul from the you choose section...

http://www. youtube. com/youchoose

I called and this idiot lady answered and said that the user removed the videos, which is not the case... she wouldnt give her name

http://www. youtube. com/user/ronpaul2008dotcom

SHE IS CONFUSED, then got really bitchy at me, sounds like she was trying to confuse me and tell me it's the offical campaign who removed the section, this is not the case.

please back me up and call this number, just press 0 to talk to someone. they are censoring!! this is wrong. we have had enough.

call this minute!

Google/youtube 1 650-253-0000

I told her we would be calling, and she said in a sarcastic tone, "that's fine"