PDA

View Full Version : Robert Kiyosaki - Tools to explain Ron Paul's take on economics?

Catatonic
03-17-2008, 03:37 PM
My wife was flipping through the tv channels yesterday and she stopped on a video of Kiyosaki giving a lecture on investment.

I was already familiar with the information as I read a few of his books as an intro to investing before I got into more advanced material. The interesting thing is, he did a lot of talking about how coming off the gold standard and the inflation caused by fiat money makes it a bad idea to just stick your money into a savings account. It was a lot of the same things Ron Paul talks about, but put into layman's terms. He even pulled out a graph to show visually whats happened to the value of the dollar over time, and the price increase of gold and real estate, in general terms. He even went so far as to say "the value of gold isn't going up, the value of the dollar is just going down, gold isn't worth any more than it was".

The difference with Kiyosaki is that after explaining this, he will advise you to start buying real estate, or possibly gold, rather than push for political reform like Dr. Paul. However, I got to thinking that perhaps Kiyosaki's books, or excerpts from them at least, could have some useful info or serve as tools for educating people.

Experienced investors tend to shy away from Kiyosaki because a lot of what he says, while I won't say inaccurate, doesn't give the whole picture. However I would argue that Kiyosaki writes for people who have no experience in this sort of thing. His goal is to ease the transition from the employee paradigm to the investor paradigm.

I think his material could be very useful as an intro for getting people to understand what Ron Paul is talking about regarding economics. Rich Dad Poor Dad is easy to read and not especially technical, the first two or three chapters could get the gears in people's heads turning at least to the point that they want to learn more. What do you think?

Phantom
03-17-2008, 04:24 PM
Google video - Robert Kiyosaki
Rich Dad Poor Dad (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2656319605051856249)

Rich Dad Poor Dad Robert Kiyosaki’s Prediction For 2008 (http://www.embraceinternetwealth.com/?p=88)

Rich Dad Poor Dad (http://w14.easy-share.com/3643891.html) by Robert Kiyosaki eBook (Scroll half way down the page and on the left side there is a box that says: Please enter code: Type in the code provided and you can download the PDF file)

FrankRep
03-17-2008, 04:27 PM
Robert Kiyosaki is a big fan of Ron Paul.

clintontj72
03-17-2008, 04:27 PM
You really need to watch Kiyosaki's predictions for 2008 that Phantom posted. I had watched it before...he is bullish as hell on silver and has been buying a bunch of it.

http://www.embraceinternetwealth.com/?p=88

Catatonic
03-17-2008, 04:36 PM
You really need to watch Kiyosaki's predictions for 2008 that Phantom posted. I had watched it before...he is bullish as hell on silver and has been buying a bunch of it.

http://www.embraceinternetwealth.com/?p=88

If I remember correctly he put out a couple newsletters advising people to seriously consider looking into buying gold/silver at the end of 2006. I believe it was called "all booms bust".

asheville4paul
03-17-2008, 04:54 PM
I read a book of his a few years ago and I recall he encouraged using leverage and speculation to purchase real estate. He most definitely targets neophytes to purchase his products. He makes alot of money from books and lectures. Can I have a source that he supports Paul? I don't think he is a con man but he is a slick salesman. Many took his advice and overextended themselves with purchasing RE on spec. Many of those people are screwed but its there own fault.

Catatonic
03-17-2008, 05:41 PM
I read a book of his a few years ago and I recall he encouraged using leverage and speculation to purchase real estate. He most definitely targets neophytes to purchase his products. He makes alot of money from books and lectures. Can I have a source that he supports Paul? I don't think he is a con man but he is a slick salesman. Many took his advice and overextended themselves with purchasing RE on spec. Many of those people are screwed but its there own fault.

He's definatly a salesman, and he's good at it, I think thats part of the reason his content could be useful. He's good at explaining this stuff in a way that gets people interested in learning more. I'd think it would be a good idea to not use the parts pushing for investing in real estate and instead push Ron Paul's political reform.

I don't think Kiyosaki has endorsed Ron Paul outright but he may have said some favorable things about him. I think its more likely people get this idea because so many of Kiyosaki's ideas mirror Ron Paul. Kiyosaki has made a fortune on the current setup so he might not really want to change it even though he knows how backwards it is.

I just thought, with so many people complaining that Ron Paul is not good at or unwilling to alter his message so people can understand it, this is where Kiyosaki could come in. Use Kiyosaki's info as an opener to get people interested and hopefully wanting to know more, and then instead of selling them on real estate investment, bring in Dr. Paul.

I've found that a lot of people aren't interested in talking about economics because they either find it too boring(american idol loving types) or they feel its so far over their head that they'll never get a grasp on it anyway.

FrankRep
03-17-2008, 06:38 PM
Can I have a source that he supports Paul? I don't think he is a con man but he is a slick salesman. Many took his advice and overextended themselves with purchasing RE on spec. Many of those people are screwed but its there own fault.

Does Robert Kiyosaki support Ron Paul? Yes
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=125796884&MyToken=e4e55e4d-8433-45dc-a957-35d7a0195c55

I've read all of Kiyosaki's books and he absolutely does NOT support buying Real Estate on speculation. He calls it gambling and real investors don't gamble.

The people you are talking about didn't read his books.