PDA

View Full Version : What does Ron himself want us to do in the elecitons ?

truthmovement2008
03-17-2008, 11:56 AM
Does he want us to write him in ?
Where should we throw our votes ?

jrich4rpaul
03-17-2008, 12:11 PM
I think for right now he wants us to keep our chins up until the convention, support Murray Sabrin in NJ, then worry about voting in November afterwards.

acptulsa
03-17-2008, 12:14 PM
Hard to know, as he could never tell us to write him in without pissing off the Republican base we're still hoping to win over. We drafted him to run, if you'll recall. We will just have to think for ourselves. Call the tune and see if he dances.

Lovecraftian4Paul
03-17-2008, 01:24 PM
Get him on the ballot in as many states as possible as an independent candidate. It's better than writing him in, because it will actually count. It also leaves the door open for him to actively run as an independent candidate, should he so desire, after the convention.

I think it either has to be this option or Ron Paul himself needs to endorse a third party candidate. I would be disappointed if he left us high and dry with no one to vote for at the top. I don't think he will. He understands none of us could ever vote for McCain or Obama/Hillary. I'm sure he also understands write-in votes are a complete waste that aren't counted or reported in most states, so let's see how he responds to us collecting ballot signatures or toward other Libertarian, Constitution Party, or independent candidates this summer.

One thing's for sure, both the LP and CP are failing miserably with giving us someone who might be a suitable stand in for Ron Paul. The Libertarians are leaning toward an interventionist slick talker, Wayne Allan Root, while the Constitution Party is thinking about selecting neo-con garbage Allan Keyes, if he runs for their nomination.

acptulsa
03-17-2008, 01:30 PM
Get him on the ballot in as many states as possible as an independent candidate. It's better than writing him in, because it will actually count. It also leaves the door open for him to actively run as an independent candidate, should he so desire, after the convention.

It will also put extra pressure on the G.O.P. as we threaten to split the conservative vote. Hear hear!

OptionsTrader
03-17-2008, 01:32 PM
If only he would personally address the grassroots in a video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rk_vVaZxTno
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryMliyeIDp4

Lovecraftian4Paul
03-17-2008, 02:45 PM
If only he would personally address the grassroots in a video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rk_vVaZxTno
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryMliyeIDp4

Seconded! That would be great.

acptulsa
03-17-2008, 03:01 PM
Seconded! That would be great.

I still say that depends on how much it would piss off the people we're trying to win over to us.

I strongly suspect things will work out best if we have faith and think for ourselves.

PaulineDisciple
03-17-2008, 03:33 PM
Become a delegate for your state!!! It is the delegates that nominate the Republican nominee not the results of the primaries. The primaries are just straw polls. Even in states that have their delegates bound, during the delegate election caucus you can vote to have your delegates to become unbound at the national convention. This is what we are trying to do here in Missouri. In our county, we got the resolution passed to unbind the delegates in the first round of voting at the national convention. The leadership fought us, but we were in the majority so they had no choice. We still have to pass this resolution at the state level but so far we have 80% Ron Paul delegates going to the state convention, so it looks like Missouri will pass this resolution with ease at the state convention. My wife and I are delegates and we will know if this passes on May 31. If it passes, I don't think that I will have to tell you about it, it will probably be big news and the MSM will try to criticize Ron Paul supporters for changing this rule after the primary has already been held here in Missouri. I am anticipating this criticism and you know what I will tell them, I will tell them that we would have changed this rule before the primary if given the chance, but these caucuses are the only time that voters are given a chance to change this rule so they should have made the delegate election caucus before the primary and not after it. Once I point this out to them, it will become obvious that they are just upset that we are taking over the Republican party at the local level and getting these unfair rules changed.

So in essence, join your local Ron Paul meet-up group, get involved at these caucuses and events and take over the Republican party in your county, state...

Once you get involved and take the training that the meet-up groups are providing, you'll be suprised how much change you can effect in your neck of the woods. The Republican's have shrunk quite a bit over the last decade and they are ripe for a take-over at the grass roots level. They make whine and complain while you are changing things but hopefully we can teach them why they need these changes, otherwise they need to go find another party.

Ron Paul knows that if this campaign is not about a top-down approach to politics and if it was, it will end just as quickly as it started. I am sure that Ron Paul wants all of his supporters to get as involved as much as possible at the local level and then it will only be a matter of time before we dominate the Republican party.

So get off your duff's and get out there and do something!!

(Please take this as a friendly call to action)