PDA

View Full Version : Something stinks on Wallstreet

mcgraw_wv
03-17-2008, 06:54 AM
March 13th, the Federal Reserve gives Bear Sterns an "undisclosed" amoutn of financing, just 2 days after the CEO said their liqudity issues were simply rumors and they had plenty of cash.

Then Monday, JPMorgan pays 2.00 a share for Bear Sterns, which totals 286 million for the company.

This feels like another JPMorgan organized crash and buy up economy. They caused and benifitted from the crash in 31, and here we go again.

The Federal reserve gives what ive heard rumored up to 3 billion in funding, then 2 days later, JPMorgan buys it 286 million.... which is 1% of the "value" of bear sterns just 16 days ago.

Either way, many people across the country just lost their retirements, their wealth, their everything. Many 401ks are heavy on companies like Bear Sterns.
Many people are going to be really feeling the pain of the market, and investments, the dollar is worthless, and everything is crumbling...

With JPMorgans hands in almost every piece of financial bad news in every facet of American history, I woulnd't doubt here is another play to launder undisclosed amount of federal reserve money into JPMorgans coffers...

The Fereral Reserve was put in place to prevent things liek this, and they aren't doing their job, it IS time to remove the federal reserve from our country.

OptionsTrader
03-17-2008, 07:02 AM
If the market opens like this, there are going to be margin calls hitting and it will feed on itself dragging everything down, even stocks the most far removed from banks imaginable.

Great day to be a daytrader. Sucky day to be a 401k prisoner.

A Ron Paul Rebel
There is a master strategy there and I'm seeing
more and more of it...

Damn it! Now my mind is going to be working on how
to take down and combat this empire too!

Everyone, keep offering details so we can educate
ourselves about this. If so, I guarantee you that we
can come up with a free market strategy to bankrupt them!!! :eek::cool:

p.s. bankrupting JP Morgan would be an epic undertaking, I know.
Nonetheless, the natural course of evolution and the natural
result of a free market guarantees us that it is possible and
will happen!

Fields
Stinky poo.

acptulsa
03-17-2008, 07:11 AM
The Securities and Exchange Commission is much more directly charged with stopping this sort of thing. They've basically been asleep at the switch for nearly a decade and a half. They are not earning their fat salaries.

As for JP Morgan, they're just living up to their name. This sort of maneuver is exactly what made old Morgan rich back in the day. Ruthlessness is their modus operandi, and it always has been. He practically invented buying on margin, not so he could do it but so he could screw those who did. That's how he created panic after panic--he'd loan on a note he could call without warning, and he'd do just that at will. And since he knew they were coming (since he was creating them), he could clean up.

The nature of the beast hasn't changed. We've just let the beast change the rules of the game.

mcgraw_wv
03-17-2008, 07:20 AM
CNBC calling today's opening bell the most important opening of the 21st century...

mcgraw_wv
03-17-2008, 07:28 AM
Great break down of what has happened over the weekend
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sZCNlPwG8o

Ties in how the federal reserve and it's private owners basically just stole everything from the share holders and the people... He even screams that we ( Americans ) didn't vote for Ron Paul, and that this is what we get.

Ethek
03-17-2008, 08:26 AM
Great break down of what has happened over the weekend
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sZCNlPwG8o

Ties in how the federal reserve and it's private owners basically just stole everything from the share holders and the people... He even screams that we ( Americans ) didn't vote for Ron Paul, and that this is what we get.

that stings

Revolution9
03-17-2008, 09:26 AM
There is a master strategy there and I'm seeing
more and more of it...

Damn it! Now my mind is going to be working on how
to take down and combat this empire too!

Everyone, keep offering details so we can educate
ourselves about this. If so, I guarantee you that we
can come up with a free market strategy to bankrupt them!!! :eek::cool:

p.s. bankrupting JP Morgan would be an epic undertaking, I know.
Nonetheless, the natural course of evolution and the natural
result of a free market guarantees us that it is possible and
will happen!

The Carlysle Group is biting the dust. Who would have predicted that even six months ago. JP Morgan can go down.. There is financial warfare in the background. The pirates are being targeted.

Best
Randy

Truth Warrior
03-17-2008, 09:54 AM
Didn't JP Morgan have something like 50 stories leased in the former WTC?

torchbearer
03-17-2008, 09:56 AM
whoa, i just sent that to everyone in my email list.

Sarge
03-17-2008, 10:30 AM
I agree it stinks, even though I benefited due to a couple of our mutual funds having large positions in JPM.

I feel for those investors that lost a ton in the mutual funds that had large positions in BSC.

The Fed needs to let the market work the problems out.

torchbearer
03-17-2008, 10:37 AM
That 30 billion loans to JPMorgan, is that also "new credit" printed out of thin air?

Feelgood
03-17-2008, 01:48 PM
And history repeats itself...