08-18-2007, 02:33 PM
Is it still on?

Darren McFillintheBlank
08-18-2007, 02:37 PM

Darren McFillintheBlank
08-18-2007, 02:43 PM

ape
08-18-2007, 02:44 PM
he just said newt gingrich is principled.

Darren McFillintheBlank
08-18-2007, 02:48 PM

ape
08-18-2007, 03:03 PM
Wish we could get past liberal/conservative labels -- far too divisive and limiting.

That's what I'm hoping for in this election. Of course the MSM and "conservative" talk radio are doing everything in their power to keep the divide in this country. I think Paul's message is breaking it though.

quickmike
08-18-2007, 03:13 PM
he just said newt gingrich is principled.

Actually Newt isnt really that bad a guy. The neo-cons basically slapped him down back in 94 I think it was, because he came off as too conservative and made them look bad. He would be a good guy to have on your side on most issues. He seems a little wishy washy on Iraq, but Ive heard him say things to the effect that it was a big mess over there.

kickzman
08-18-2007, 03:16 PM
Thats the beauty of Ron Paul, he is conservative at heart, yet lets states decide on issues and is also anti-war. He definitely is the one guy who can break labels and unite the country, which he is already doing by uniting democrats, independents, conservatives, etc. I wish he would push his anti-war stance more in the debates b/c thats what makes him stand out.

quickmike
08-18-2007, 03:20 PM
Thats the beauty of Ron Paul, he is conservative at heart, yet lets states decide on issues and is also anti-war. He definitely is the one guy who can break labels and unite the country, which he is already doing by uniting democrats, independents, conservatives, etc. I wish he would push his anti-war stance more in the debates b/c thats what makes him stand out.

Hell, thats just about all he talks about in the debates. LOL Havent you watched? Just about every question asked of him he ties back to nation building and going to wars needlessly.

libertarianguy
08-18-2007, 03:37 PM
test

ape
08-19-2007, 11:39 AM
Actually Newt isnt really that bad a guy

I dislike newt because he supported NAFTA among other things, he is an open borders globalist who received a D from americans for better immigration yet talked like a tough border guy earlier this year. He also supported that Democrat cross-over who ran against Ron Paul back in the 90's, a clear violation of Reagans 11th. He is a pure hypocrite mike, I don't trust him.

angelatc
08-19-2007, 11:41 AM
I dislike newt because he supported NAFTA, he is an open borders globalist who received a D from americans for better immigration yet talked like a tough border guy earlier this year. He also supported that Democrat who ran against Ron Paul back in the 90's, a clear violation of Reagans 11th. He is a pure hypocrite mike, I don't trust him.

I have a built in morals clause, and I don't like the multiple marriage - divorce thing.

But what I really don't like is that he proudly worked with Hillary on creating the national health care database.

ape
08-19-2007, 11:47 AM
I have a built in morals clause, and I don't like the multiple marriage - divorce thing.

But what I really don't like is that he proudly worked with Hillary on creating the national health care database.

Exactly. I honestly cannot stand the man and wish he would just walk away from politics.

Scribbler de Stebbing
08-19-2007, 11:48 AM

The affair while his wife was dying of cancer wasn't good, nor was it very nice to serve her the divorce papers in the hospital. But other than that, he's such a compassionate conservative!

Just another big government conservative who misses the spotlight. They all seem to love the attention so much.

fj45lvr
08-19-2007, 11:54 AM
I wish he would push his anti-war stance more in the debates b/c thats what makes him stand out.

I disagree with that ......what he needs to push is his financial benefits of following the Constitution (as we will be 50 trillion dollars in the hole with entitlements) This is where he really shines (though war is also apart of this irresponsible fiscal over-spending).....cutting departments altogether and essentially eliminating the FEDERAL RESERVE is what makes him stand out from ANYONE in D.C. (the sellouts that they are).

FSP-Rebel
08-19-2007, 12:04 PM
The affair while his wife was dying of cancer wasn't good, nor was it very nice to serve her the divorce papers in the hospital. But other than that, he's such a compassionate conservative!

This just screams: Asshole! How can anyone from the South support such a lowlife?