PDA

View Full Version : It's time we become members of the Electoral College and vote for Ron Paul

dude58677
03-16-2008, 09:08 PM
This isn't over.

soapmistress
03-16-2008, 09:09 PM
no way is it over dude. i agree.

pepperpete1
03-16-2008, 09:10 PM
Do you know what it entails to become a member of the electoral college?

theantirobot
03-16-2008, 09:19 PM
what does it entail? what powers do members have?

VRP08
03-16-2008, 09:23 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Electoral_College

nate895
03-16-2008, 09:32 PM
Twenty Four states carry penalties for violating your pledge. I am unsure which they are, but I am almost certain we will have to pretend to be liberal Democrats to become a member because it looks to be their year.

robmpreston
03-16-2008, 09:36 PM
Who cares if they carry penalties? It would be worth it for the sake of the country.

nate895
03-16-2008, 09:39 PM
Who cares if they carry penalties? It would be worth it for the sake of the country.

I am just saying that you should be prudent.

pinkmandy
03-16-2008, 09:41 PM
RP is the ONLY candidate who can save this country. It's a matter of national security that he be put in office, whatever it takes. I don't care if all the American Idol lovers will not be "happy". They'll go back to sleep in, oh, 10 minutes. The msm needs to be taken over, too. I don't know how but the 24/7 brainwashing has to stop. If we could just take over one station for 24 hrs...

Maybe just ignore me...I just spent the last hour reading the Economics forum.

Zera
03-16-2008, 09:54 PM
I think it's much more safer to become delegates right now. Screwing with the Electoral College may not be very pleasing with the public...

GoPaul08
03-16-2008, 10:18 PM

You can say that all you want...but if you really think that a lot of people are going to go to prison just to make a point (since you will never get enough to actually give him a majority) you are insane.

Again...idiotic statements like this make you worthless to the cause. When peple have reasons to consider your a crazy lunatic (and they do if you say things like this) then it is easy to ignore you.

libertythor
03-16-2008, 10:46 PM
It could possibly happen. It would be okay to do this in states that don't mandate prison for this....or even require that the elector be faithful.

Go for it. Why not get some RP electors in there?

You can say that all you want...but if you really think that a lot of people are going to go to prison just to make a point (since you will never get enough to actually give him a majority) you are insane.

Again...idiotic statements like this make you worthless to the cause. When peple have reasons to consider your a crazy lunatic (and they do if you say things like this) then it is easy to ignore you.

Hook
03-16-2008, 11:02 PM
The whole point is moot, since the electors are chosen by the party bosses and have been DECADES long loyalists to the party. The only way you are going to get in is if the RP folks take over every level of the GOP. But if that happens, RP will win the nom. anyway, so what is the point?

robmpreston
03-16-2008, 11:15 PM

Making a sacrifice for something you believe in makes you a lunatic? Excuse me?

pepperpete1
03-17-2008, 10:39 AM
The whole point is moot, since the electors are chosen by the party bosses and have been DECADES long loyalists to the party. The only way you are going to get in is if the RP folks take over every level of the GOP. But if that happens, RP will win the nom. anyway, so what is the point?

Hook is right, these positions are not voted upon, but awarded to long standing party members, for services rendered.

Keep going after the delegate positions and campaigning for those persons who's platform is in accordance with the message.

libertythor
03-17-2008, 10:42 AM
Often some of them are decided at state conventions. Just be aware and prepared, but don't make it a primary goal. When and if the opportunity presents itself, seize it.

profg
12-20-2016, 12:14 AM
This isn't over.

Thanks for suggesting this. Sorry it took so long. :-D -- BG

Bryan
12-20-2016, 12:28 AM
Thanks for suggesting this. Sorry it took so long. :-D -- BG

:D

Jan2017
12-20-2016, 12:35 AM

Well, the penalty would probably be that the electors vote wouldn't count.

I think it's much more safer to become delegates right now. Screwing with the Electoral College may not be very pleasing with the public...
'Screwing with the Electoral College " . . . sounds like some grassroots organizin' as in mid-2007, eh?
Zeppellin days in the way . . . oops, I mean blimp

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo161/sunblush/RonPaul001.jpg (http://s372.photobucket.com/user/sunblush/media/RonPaul001.jpg.html)

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo161/sunblush/12onpaulblimp01.jpg (http://s372.photobucket.com/user/sunblush/media/12onpaulblimp01.jpg.html)

This isn't over.

profg
11-19-2017, 05:08 PM
Do you know what it entails to become a member of the electoral college?

Yes, I do. :)

profg
11-19-2017, 05:09 PM
:)

profg
11-19-2017, 05:09 PM
what does it entail? what powers do members have?

The power to vote for Ron Paul. :)

profg
11-19-2017, 05:11 PM
It could possibly happen. It would be okay to do this in states that don't mandate prison for this....or even require that the elector be faithful.

Go for it. Why not get some RP electors in there?

Yeah, why not? :)

profg
11-19-2017, 05:13 PM

Or, you could have long-time GOP "loyalists" who are Ron Paul supporters become Electors. Like I did. :)

profg
11-19-2017, 05:14 PM
Hook is right, these positions are not voted upon, but awarded to long standing party members, for services rendered.

Keep going after the delegate positions and campaigning for those persons who's platform is in accordance with the message.

Yes, keep doing those things... but also try to become an Elector. It obviously CAN be done. :)

profg
11-19-2017, 05:15 PM
Often some of them are decided at state conventions. Just be aware and prepared, but don't make it a primary goal. When and if the opportunity presents itself, seize it.

Best advice. Exactly how I did it. :)