PDA

View Full Version : Stop paying taxes?

BFranklin
03-16-2008, 08:28 PM
In response to the post below about the man who was found not guilty of tax evasion.

I work a 40hr a week job and they take out taxes automatically. How can I prevent them from taxing out the taxes? Do I tell them to not take it out and that "Ill pay them at the end of the year"?

How does it work, I know that if you work on your own you just dont file.

Kludge
03-16-2008, 08:30 PM
Depends who it is. A lot of employers will pay you under the table. If you pay at the end of the year, I still think the employer has to hold on to the money, at least my mom did when she ran a social-working-type firm.

GoPaul08
03-16-2008, 08:34 PM
Again..he was found not CRIMINALLY guilty. He still has to pay taxes. With penalties and interest. With those penalties, he can pretty much expect to be bankrupt now. So, if that is your plan for yourself, then by all means, do it.

Kludge...what kind of job do you have that you thnk that "a lot" of employers will pay your under the table. Honestly, if you have experienced that kindof emplyer more often than not, you need to get yourself a better job. No PROFESSIONAL job is going to be paid under the table.

Phantom
03-16-2008, 08:41 PM
There are some great videos about income tax on google video (http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=FEDERAL+INCOME+TAX&sitesearch=).

Ones I recommend are as follow:

Tom Cryer, the Shreveport Lawyer who has taken on the IRS, who explains why most Americans are not liable for the income tax.

FEDERAL INCOME TAX (http://www.youtube.com/v/6KjBy_qp4Zc) Part 1

FEDERAL INCOME TAX (http://www.youtube.com/v/tKCEkcfeNTQ) Part 2

FEDERAL INCOME TAX (http://www.youtube.com/v/30RQ2FHsCYg) Part 3

FEDERAL INCOME TAX (http://www.youtube.com/v/W0FV0T_9ReQ) Part 4

An historical documentary explains how international bankers gained control of America.

The Money Masters - How International Bankers Gained Control of America (http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=-515319560256183936)

The misrepresentation and misapplication of the United States federal income tax constitutes the largest acquisition of wealth by way of deception in history.

Theft By Deception - Deciphering The Federal Income Tax (http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=7521758492370018023)

Joe Banister, former gun-carrying, IRS Criminal Investigation Division (CID) Special Agent exposes how the IRS is robbing you! He quits his $80,000/yr. Job because the IRS failed to show him that filing & paying Income Tax is mandatory. He will tell his story and his latest efforts for restoring honesty in government.

IRS Agent Exposes IRS Fraud!! (http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=-2930250138065184536)

By Sherry Peel Jackson, Certified Fraud Examiner and Ex-IRS agent. She Challenges all citizens to demand answers from congress about the legality of Federal Income taxes and the Federal Reserve. This is a 2 hour lecture about some of the inner secrets of the IRS, and the fundamental lack of juridical framework that supports it.

Sherry Peel Jackson - Breaking The Invisible Shackles Of The IRS (http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=1658315558785013776)

Determined to find the law that requires American citizens to pay income tax, producer Aaron Russo ("The Rose," "Trading Places") set out on a journey to find the evidence.

America Freedom to Fascism (http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=5355374476580235299)

Barely seen video. Originally aired during the time of the raid on Irwin Schiff's Freedom Books, and just before the trial started. It was shown on a cable station hosted by Rolando, of the Las Vegas Tribune, but never before on the internet. Feel free to download it and make cds. Cindy wanted her message to get out there so lets help her do it. She's sacrificed everything by standing on the truth. This video might contain too much truth for those that make unlawful determinations regarding the peoples unalienable rights.

IRS Show Me The Law -Cindy Neun on Face the Tribune From Las Vegas (http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=1862980777415834396) (Rare Video)

There are quite a few other films online that may interest you. Click the google video link at the top of this thread and do your own search.

Enjoy!

BFranklin
03-16-2008, 08:48 PM
Ok scrap that idea....lol

Kap
03-16-2008, 09:02 PM
In response to the post below about the man who was found not guilty of tax evasion.

I work a 40hr a week job and they take out taxes automatically. How can I prevent them from taxing out the taxes? Do I tell them to not take it out and that "Ill pay them at the end of the year"?

Isn't there a form your required to fill out when you first start a new job? I forget the name of it, but I know you have to figure out how much money you make yearly. That's how the goverment determines how much money to take out of your check.

Don't take my word for it at all. I just remember filling one out a few months ago and wondered myself.

Edu
03-16-2008, 09:09 PM
Don't forget the company that paid people in pre 1964 silver coins and won! Face value is 50 cents. You earn minimum wage but live like a CEO.
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=21651

Would it be better to just ask them if you are a "taxpayer"?
http://www.irsdetermination.us/

ionlyknowy
03-16-2008, 09:18 PM
Hehe, you guys are funny.

The charges against this guy were criminal charges. You have a right to a jury in a criminal proceeding, and when you are acquitted from the charges by jury, then you cannot be tried again. It's called double jeopardy.

The whole deal is that the criminal law says that you must "Willfully not file a return"

And tax protesters get off on criminal charges sometimes because they are able to prove that they relied on the information provided by the tax movement therefore their not filing an income tax return was not "Willful" which under the Model Penal Code equates to "Knowledge" of the conduct, attendant circumstances, and result.

BUT, like W. Snipes, this guy was acquitted of criminal charges but still owes the money to the IRS. You think that you might be able to hide your money in a trust or a tenancy by the entirety. But you would be wrong.. The IRS can access your money where other creditors cannot.

A jury acquittal in a criminal proceeding, is never precedent because it can never be appealed. Only appellate or Supreme Court decisions are precedent.

It's really funny how everyone tries to be a lawyer, but when confronted with information from people in law school such as myself and "Mr. White" we are mostly dismissed.
We study this stuff every day. We know what we are talking about. Believe me, we know, we eat,sleep,breathe, touch, smell, and piss it...

Mr. White
03-16-2008, 09:24 PM

The charges against this guy were criminal charges. You have a right to a jury in a criminal proceeding, and when you are acquitted from the charges by jury, then you cannot be tried again. It's called double jeopardy.

The whole deal is that the criminal law says that you must "Willfully not file a return"

And tax protesters get off on criminal charges sometimes because they are able to prove that they relied on the information provided by the tax movement therefore their not filing an income tax return was not "Willful" which under the Model Penal Code equates to "Knowledge" of the conduct, attendant circumstances, and result.

BUT, like W. Snipes, this guy was acquitted of criminal charges but still owes the money to the IRS. You think that you might be able to hide your money in a trust or a tenancy by the entirety. But you would be wrong.. The IRS can access your money where other creditors cannot.

A jury acquittal in a criminal proceeding, is never precedent because it can never be appealed. Only appellate or Supreme Court decisions are precedent.

It's really funny how everyone tries to be a lawyer, but when confronted with information from people in law school such as myself and "Mr. White" we are mostly dismissed.
We study this stuff every day. We know what we are talking about. Believe me, we know, we eat,sleep,breathe, touch, smell, and piss it...

What's fun though ionly, is that because we seek to be lawyers, we're part of the evil BAR that they feel have been oppressing the sovereign people for so long. We're snakes and liars to them. It's standard practice, make a claim and then denounce those who contradict you.

ionlyknowy
03-16-2008, 09:24 PM
I hope you all realize how dangerous and wrong it is to influence people, like the above poster, to stop paying taxes knowing full well that it will ruin the individual financially.

You have a moral obligation to warn people before proceeding in civil disobedience of the problems that will arise from such behavior.

If you go around saying there is no law to make you pay income taxes... people will believe you like the above poster. If you continue to misinterpret case law, and pass it off as a "victory" making it ok to stop paying taxes, then you risk being held criminally liable yourself as an accomplice.

If you persuade, aid or abet in another's criminal activity then you could be held criminally liable. Something to think about.

ionlyknowy
03-16-2008, 09:30 PM
What's fun though ionly, is that because we seek to be lawyers, we're part of the evil BAR that they feel have been oppressing the sovereign people for so long. We're snakes and liars to them. It's standard practice, make a claim and then denounce those who contradict you.

When you argue with someone like that, then in their eyes they always win!

It kinda makes me wonder... Ron Paul has views that are common sense.. but those same views parallel many "movements". And members of these "movements" attached themselves to Ron Paul, and may have given the reputation of 'kook' and 'crazy' which the MSM deems to be synonymous of Ron Paul and all of his supporters.

GoPaul08
03-17-2008, 12:35 AM
Don't forget the company that paid people in pre 1964 silver coins and won! Face value is 50 cents. You earn minimum wage but live like a CEO.
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=21651

Would it be better to just ask them if you are a "taxpayer"?
http://www.irsdetermination.us/

Yawnnnn...here we go again, for the slow witted...The were found NOT GUILTY OF THE CRIINAL CHARGES of WILLFULLY evading.

They DID have to pay their taxes plus interest, plus penalties.

It seems like we have been over this before, yet you still don't get it.

One more time...NOBODY has won the argument in the court of law that you don't have to pay taxes on your income. Nobody. Zero people. Ever.

And anyone who believes that irsdetermination.us site deserves to be scammed out of their money. Let me ask you, EDU, do you also send your bank account information to Nigerian princes who e-mail you telling you he wants to give you millions? Becuase this site that you are linking to is as obvious a scam and the Nigerian prince scam. Yet you are falling for it.

The very fact that they are charging $1200 for the information would give anyone whose brain actually functions enough informaiton to determine that it is a scam. The fact that the website looks like it was made by a 13 year old girl in 1996 years ago, on Geocities is another clue. All it needs are dancing babies and flying toasters.

I suggest you look at this page, which mentions that they are not even a law firm. They do say that they are not, but they sure don't make it obvious in most of their site. But again...you are just taking the words of people with absolutely NO expertise on the subject who want you to send tham $1200 for information that they will not stand behind or anything if you get audited (which you would) and lose (which you would). Granted, you would not go to jail because you could easily prove that you are too dumb to realize that this site was not legit. But you will owe back taxes and penalties and interest.

http://www.quatloos.com/taxscams/contrusts.htm

And no offense, EDU, but this is absolute PROOF of why no one should take anything you say seriously. It is proof that you don't think for yourself. You just take anything you read on the internet as gospel truth without doing any research to validate the claims. Actually, maybe you will take offense to that. But I stand by it. simply regurgitating an obvious scam site as a legit site is proof.

ClayTrainor
03-17-2008, 12:54 AM
Swiss Bank accounts are key :)

ValidusCustodiae
03-17-2008, 03:10 AM
No PROFESSIONAL job is going to be paid under the table.

That's not true, coming from a professional cab driver. =)

BigRedBrent
03-17-2008, 03:53 AM
If you go around saying there is no law to make you pay income taxes...

Law or no law, they can destroy you regardless, so at least let people know that much before you state facts to others about tax law.

And I think labor taxes are in fact illegal, I will still pay them if required though. I can not afford to fight a battle.

I Am Weasel
03-17-2008, 04:15 AM
Yawnnnn...here we go again, for the slow witted...The were found NOT GUILTY OF THE CRIINAL CHARGES of WILLFULLY evading.

They DID have to pay their taxes plus interest, plus penalties.

It seems like we have been over this before, yet you still don't get it.

One more time...NOBODY has won the argument in the court of law that you don't have to pay taxes on your income. Nobody. Zero people. Ever.

http://www.quatloos.com/taxscams/contrusts.htm

It isn't easy, it isn't without stress and it IS ongoing. But it CAN be done, I personally know people who have and continue to NOT pay OR FILE.

I take a STRONG offense at you posting a link to quatloos here. I compare it to posting a damn NEO CON site for Guilliani, Hannity or FOX news and saying it's the truth and that's all there is, so accept it.

That site is FULL of people wanting to justify the blatently illigal income tax. If you're a willing loving potentially NON LIABLE tax payer willing to part with your money to fund our monstrous empire, then sit back and shut up and shuffle up to your sheep trough and eat up and continue feeding the system. Otherwise for those who would rather live without fear by knowing the truth, they can delve deeper into how much we've been lied to.

As I stated in the other thread, read about the tax, and all about it. Or you can go for the damn koolaid via quatloos...

For the rest of you wanting the TRUTH, go here.

http://famguardian.org/Subjects/Taxes/taxes.htm

GoPaul08
03-17-2008, 04:39 AM
It isn't easy, it isn't without stress and it IS ongoing. But it CAN be done, I personally know people who have and continue to NOT pay OR FILE.

I take a STRONG offense at you posting a link to quatloos here. I compare it to posting a damn NEO CON site for Guilliani, Hannity or FOX news and saying it's the truth and that's all there is, so accept it.

That site is FULL of people wanting to justify the blatently illigal income tax. If you're a willing loving potentially NON LIABLE tax payer willing to part with your money to fund our monstrous empire, then sit back and shut up and shuffle up to your sheep trough and eat up and continue feeding the system. Otherwise for those who would rather live without fear by knowing the truth, they can delve deeper into how much we've been lied to.

As I stated in the other thread, read about the tax, and all about it. Or you can go for the damn koolaid via quatloos...

For the rest of you wanting the TRUTH, go here.

http://famguardian.org/Subjects/Taxes/taxes.htm

Do you think I care that YOu take offense to me quoting an accurate site, and then to prove me wrong link to a ridiculous anti-everything, wacko conspriacy site? Of COURSE you take offense to an accurate site that prints FACTS rather than your crazy bullshit. Facts have no place in your life.

You lose, sir. No one will ever take you seriously when you do that. Hence, you will NEVER spread the message to others. What is next, rense.com? Maybe voxfux? Those would be GREAT sites to have on your side too. It is more than a little sad that whenever there is a site that doesn't back you up, you automatically whine like a little girl about how the site is part of the big conspiracy. Just realize that most people (hell, even most people on THIS FORUM) will laugh at you.

How about you refute anything from the site I linked to? With FACTS. Not crap that you regurgitate (again, since you too are a 15 year old who doesn't think for yourself.) from ultra wacko websites thatdo ANYTHING to be against the establishment.

Go ahead...don't file. Don't come crying when your life is ruined. and those people that you claim to know (which I don't believe you about since you are 15) WILL get caught eventually. and then they are bankrupt.

Call me crazy, but instead of not paying taxes in order to have some extra cash, I chose to BETTER myslef with a post graduate degree. And now, I have plenty of money and absolutely no concerns that I will be hit with a $200,000 tax bill and costly trial.

But, you choose to live your life any way you want. But again...just know that when you do act like you live on a differnet planet/reality, that people rightfully ignore you. If that is what you wish for in life, then so be it.

I'll say this again until I am blue in the face..here is why you are worthless to Ron Paul's cause...Actually, not just worthless, but SEVERELY detrimental. When you try to convert others, and say crap like "Ron Paul is still going to be the Republican nominee!" or "We don't have to pay taxes" no only does ZERO PERCENT of people pay attention to what you have to say after, but people lump ALL Ron Paul supporters in with you. And that is NOT a group that people want to be in. When I talk about the message, snce I am intelligent, and rational, and live in THIS reality, people listen. Maybe they don't all agree, but they do not automatically tune me out. And they go away thinking "Well, at least not all of them are crazy lunatics."

GoPaul08
03-17-2008, 04:53 AM
And my god...the site you linked to is the FUNNIEST site I have ever seen. You must use Internet Explorer 4.0 or higher? You are now linking to a site that hasn't been updated in TEN YEARS! And when sites talking about taxation starts quoting the Bible, you know it is time to run the other way. (Unless you are after a nice hearty laugh..then this site is PERFECT.) If your brain had any capacity for rational thought, you would never have linked to that site. Your brain would not allow you to embarrass yourself like that.

The 16th Amendment was legally ratified. The Supreme Court has interpreted that it includes income and has upheld it several times. It exists, and it legal and it is Constitutional. You CLEARLY are not the expert on the Constitution, so don't act like it. There has not been ONE single case where a tax evader was tried, and found not only not guilty, but not liable to pay his back taxes. Zero cases in hundreds tried have ended up with the defendant being not only free from jail time, but also allowed to keep his unpaid taxes. (The RATIONAL site that I linked to has several examples of this...I noticed you were not able to give even one from any of your silly web sites.)

But...if you feel so strongly, then don't pay your taxes. But don't be a pussy about it. It you are sending a message, then let it be known to the government that you are not paying taxes. And when you go to court, give the judge the link to famguardian.org. After he laughs at you, you will be found too stupid to know any better and found not guilty as far as jail time. But you will still owe taxes and penalties.

The ball is in your court. Stand up for yourself and tell the government that you are refusing to pay your taxes.

Luft97
03-17-2008, 04:56 AM
If you do not file your taxes be prepared to get one of these:
http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj25/luft97/taxes.gif

I have removed the names so as not to.. well you get the picture..

BigRedBrent
03-17-2008, 05:05 AM
I'll say this again until I am blue in the face..

Regardless if I agree with you or not, you seam like you have an agenda.

I do not think taxes on labor is legal, but I have never told others not to pay taxes. Those who have any intelligence what so ever know that you will feel the wrath of the IRS by doing so.

I do feel that peaceful resistance should be the choice of the individual if they are fully prepared to face the consequences of such actions.

Legal or not, I would still be opposed to forceful taxation on wages earned in compensation for services rendered. The IRS has had it coming for a very long time now. I feel no sympathy for them, as I am sure most Americans also do not.

I Am Weasel
03-17-2008, 05:07 AM
ok, have you read the Creature from Jeckyll Island? Or no?

Any tax case below the supreme court can not be used in conjuncture with another tax case against an individual.

And I haven't told anybody to NOT pay, only to learn.. Even the IRS refuses to tell anybody what law states we have to pay taxes. To them it's just a "fundamental duty". But I suppose that doesn't matter to you. Since I'm only 15 and am here to gloat on conspiracy theories.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pu0iSxAKxT0&feature=related

If you honestly are gonna sit there and think that there isn't ANYTHING at all being covered up by our government, then you seriously need an eye opener. Is not paying taxes easy? NO! Can it ruin your life? YES! Is it advisable for people just wanting to make more money? NO!

YOU have to make the determination as to whether or not you're a tax payer. Not Quatloos, not famguardian. The only difference is, famguardian states clearly if you're a tax payer then go to www.irs.gov and do what you have to. Quatloos determines that everybody is a tax payer.

You really should read title 26 of the IRC in its entirety and all the definitions for which the title was written. The IRC is a code, and a CODE for a reason.

Phantom
03-17-2008, 06:05 AM
The Creature from Jekyll Island in MP3 format. Click the link to play it or right click it and save target as to download it.

Jekyll (http://www.spielbauer.com/Jekyll.mp3) (172 mb)

Ninja Homer
03-17-2008, 07:46 AM
The 16th Amendment was legally ratified. The Supreme Court has interpreted that it includes income and has upheld it several times. It exists, and it legal and it is Constitutional.

Would you mind posting those Supreme Court cases?

I find this one interesting:
Stanton v. Baltic Mining Co., 240 US 103 (1916) (http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/scripts/getcase.pl?navby=case&court=US&vol=240&invol=103)

"...by the previous ruling, it was settled that the provisions of the 16th Amendment conferred no new power of taxation but simply prohibited the previous complete and plenary power of income taxation possessed by Congress from the beginning from being taken out of the category of INDIRECT taxation to which it inherently belonged.."

I researched the legality of income tax a couple years ago, and if I remember right, the IRS has yet to answer questions on the issue, such as, "where's the law that says you are required to pay taxes on your income?", "what's the definition of 'taxable income'?", and "how is a US Citizen qualified as a 'taxpayer' (or a 'nontaxpayer')?"

Until the IRS answers these questions, if you don't pay income taxes the outcome is uncertain. Some cases have been won, more have been lost, and most of them don't even get prosecuted. Many of the leaders of the tax freedom movement have lost their cases, and some are in jail. Peter Schiff's (economic adviser for the Ron Paul campaign) father, Irwin Schiff, probably knows more about tax code than anybody, and he has lost at least a couple cases, and I believe he's in jail right now. These people know what's at stake, and they know they can lose everything, but they feel it's a worthy cause.

In my opinion, a decision to not pay income taxes shouldn't be a decision made just to keep your hard earned money. It's a decision that should be made as an act of civil disobedience. You have to assume that you may lose everything, and decide if that's worth it for the cause.

There are several ways that a federal income tax is unethical. One is that it is almost like slavery; "you can make as much money as you want, but since we own you, we're only going to allow you to keep a certain percentage of it... hand the rest over."

Another way it is unethical is that they are taking your money, and using it to start wars and kill people. Democrats were, for the most part, voted into the House and Senate to put an end to the war. So far, they haven't done a thing about it even though they've had multiple opportunities to stop funding it. I could see a lot of people refusing to pay income tax because that's the only remaining means available to them to stop funding the war.

Personally, I find the tax freedom movement interesting, but there's no way I'll take part in it, because I have a family to provide for. Shame on you if you stop paying income tax without considering the consequences, especially if you have people that depend on you. However, if you have weighed the consequences, and decide that this act of civil disobedience is worth it, than good for you. You may be helping to lay the foundation for a freedom from income tax for everybody in years to come.

Revolution9
03-17-2008, 09:50 AM
Again..he was found not CRIMINALLY guilty. He still has to pay taxes. With penalties and interest. With those penalties, he can pretty much expect to be bankrupt now. So, if that is your plan for yourself, then by all means, do it.

Kludge...what kind of job do you have that you thnk that "a lot" of employers will pay your under the table. Honestly, if you have experienced that kindof emplyer more often than not, you need to get yourself a better job. No PROFESSIONAL job is going to be paid under the table.

Billshit.heh.. Lots of employers and contractors pay under the table.. I am a professional and only one out of three contracts i enter ever asks me to sign any chit or adhesion contract from the US gbmnt. Not being presented with such i damn sure ain't volunteering. Not everybody respects the IRS.

Randy

sratiug
03-17-2008, 10:06 AM
Do you think I care that YOu take offense to me quoting an accurate site, and then to prove me wrong link to a ridiculous anti-everything, wacko conspriacy site? Of COURSE you take offense to an accurate site that prints FACTS rather than your crazy bullshit. Facts have no place in your life.

You lose, sir. No one will ever take you seriously when you do that. Hence, you will NEVER spread the message to others. What is next, rense.com? Maybe voxfux? Those would be GREAT sites to have on your side too. It is more than a little sad that whenever there is a site that doesn't back you up, you automatically whine like a little girl about how the site is part of the big conspiracy. Just realize that most people (hell, even most people on THIS FORUM) will laugh at you.

How about you refute anything from the site I linked to? With FACTS. Not crap that you regurgitate (again, since you too are a 15 year old who doesn't think for yourself.) from ultra wacko websites thatdo ANYTHING to be against the establishment.

Go ahead...don't file. Don't come crying when your life is ruined. and those people that you claim to know (which I don't believe you about since you are 15) WILL get caught eventually. and then they are bankrupt.

Call me crazy, but instead of not paying taxes in order to have some extra cash, I chose to BETTER myslef with a post graduate degree. And now, I have plenty of money and absolutely no concerns that I will be hit with a $200,000 tax bill and costly trial.

But, you choose to live your life any way you want. But again...just know that when you do act like you live on a differnet planet/reality, that people rightfully ignore you. If that is what you wish for in life, then so be it.

I'll say this again until I am blue in the face..here is why you are worthless to Ron Paul's cause...Actually, not just worthless, but SEVERELY detrimental. When you try to convert others, and say crap like "Ron Paul is still going to be the Republican nominee!" or "We don't have to pay taxes" no only does ZERO PERCENT of people pay attention to what you have to say after, but people lump ALL Ron Paul supporters in with you. And that is NOT a group that people want to be in. When I talk about the message, snce I am intelligent, and rational, and live in THIS reality, people listen. Maybe they don't all agree, but they do not automatically tune me out. And they go away thinking "Well, at least not all of them are crazy lunatics."

Statistics compiled by the Law School Admission Service show that 94,200 people applied for 44,000 seats in the 1991 entering class of the nation's 176 American Bar Association-approved law schools.

Rantings like yours are uncalled for. You are part of an organized monopoly. The antithesis of Ron Paul philosophy.

slamhead
03-17-2008, 10:24 AM

You can claim S-9 on your W-4 without your employer notifying the IRS. This would result in the smallest amount of taxes being withheld. You can try to claim exempt from withholding but your employer will have to notify the IRS of your reason for claiming exempt.

sratiug
03-17-2008, 10:26 AM

In 1767, a young Scotch minister came to live with the Marshalls for a year while he was being "tried out" by the congregation. This provided John with his first bit of formal education. In 1772 he received his second time of formal education at the academy of Reverend Archibald Campbell but perhaps more importantly, Blackstone's "Commentaries" was published in America and Thomas Marshall bought a copy, not only for his own use, but specifically for John to read and study.

The Marshalls had long before decided that John was to be a lawyer. The last time of formal education came in 1780 during a six week stay at William and Mary College where he attended the law lectures of George Wythe.

Perhaps you are familiar with this guy, John Marshall? The longest serving Chief Justice in American history? Seems I don't see an ABA approved law degree on his resume. It only took him one book and a six week class. Funny?

j650
03-17-2008, 10:30 AM
The law says you have to pay taxes. You may get acquited by a jury for tax evasion, but you'll still have to pay. Go ahead and try it! The IRS will ruin your life. If you still refuse to pay, they'll garnish your wages or put liens on your property. They'll get their money.

JMann
03-17-2008, 10:50 AM
Pay your taxes. Those of us that pay are already paying for the po people that pay no taxes and the criminals that get paid under the table don't need to be making up for your slack ass too.

Work to change the law but not paying taxes isn't the answer. Even if you some how get around paying some income tax if you fill out your W-4 form incorrectly you have committed perjury and can spend some vacation time in a federal prison just for that offense.

MrKoffee
03-17-2008, 11:43 AM
Imagine millions of Americans refusing to hand over their extortion payments to the IRS. What are they gonna do, arrest everyone? There's a point where the jails just can't hold anymore. I can only dream of this happening in the land of the sheeple, but i pray it becomes a reality one day. Perhaps when Americans have to choose between "paying their fair share" or eating we may see this pan out.

Also, my hats off to all of you who have found away around the tax system. You are the patriots of our day.

sratiug
03-17-2008, 01:25 PM
Pay your taxes. Those of us that pay are already paying for the po people that pay no taxes and the criminals that get paid under the table don't need to be making up for your slack ass too.

Work to change the law but not paying taxes isn't the answer. Even if you some how get around paying some income tax if you fill out your W-4 form incorrectly you have committed perjury and can spend some vacation time in a federal prison just for that offense.

And since an American is not required to testify against himself, the 5th Amendment guarantees that no law can require you to fill out your tax return. Your taxes have aided killing around a million people in the last 5 years.

Mr. White
03-17-2008, 02:31 PM
I'm not responding to each post, I'll simply say this:

You are required by the United States Code to pay taxes on your earned wages as they constitute income.
Should you fail to pay, the IRS will charge you in two ways:
1. Criminally
2. Civilly

Civilly, no tax protestor has won, criminally some have.

Getting an acquittal in Criminal court happens because the statutory language requires that you commit tax evasion knowingly.If you can show that there is a question of material fact as to whether you knew or not, you can make it to a jury. That jury can either acquit or convict. Should they acquit, that acquital has no bearing on the law, it is simply a determination made by a group of your peers. Note, that jury can acquit you legally for whatever the hell they want. If they are a bunch of tax protestors that think the law is wrong or illegal or whatever, they can acquit you and no one would be the wiser. The jury's choice to willfully ignore the law when making their determination is called jury nullification and is entirely legal. Jurors are not legally bound to consider the law when they pass judgement.

No civil tax evasion charge has been dismissed for the reasons stated on any number of those websites provided. The civil tax evasion charge does not require that you knowingly failed to pay, only that you failed to pay. Therefore there is never cause to go a jury unless you can provide a question of material fact that you did pay. None of the tax protestor arguments have gotten to trial because based on the law, no judge has held them to have any legal value.

In sum, if you want to evade your taxes, go for it. Don't delude others or yourself into thinking that what you're doing is legal, it is not. Morally, ethically, or any other way you'd like to characterize it is fine, but your actions themselves are illegal. If you want to encourage others to change the law, by all means let's do it, I'm with you, but trying to convince people that the law is illegal or unconstitutional or what-have-you will not accomplish that end. Moreover it's incorrect.

ionlyknowy
03-17-2008, 05:23 PM
I'm not responding to each post, I'll simply say this:

You are required by the United States Code to pay taxes on your earned wages as they constitute income.
Should you fail to pay, the IRS will charge you in two ways:
1. Criminally
2. Civilly

Civilly, no tax protestor has won, criminally some have.

Getting an acquittal in Criminal court happens because the statutory language requires that you commit tax evasion knowingly.If you can show that there is a question of material fact as to whether you knew or not, you can make it to a jury. That jury can either acquit or convict. Should they acquit, that acquital has no bearing on the law, it is simply a determination made by a group of your peers. Note, that jury can acquit you legally for whatever the hell they want. If they are a bunch of tax protestors that think the law is wrong or illegal or whatever, they can acquit you and no one would be the wiser. The jury's choice to willfully ignore the law when making their determination is called jury nullification and is entirely legal. Jurors are not legally bound to consider the law when they pass judgement.

No civil tax evasion charge has been dismissed for the reasons stated on any number of those websites provided. The civil tax evasion charge does not require that you knowingly failed to pay, only that you failed to pay. Therefore there is never cause to go a jury unless you can provide a question of material fact that you did pay. None of the tax protestor arguments have gotten to trial because based on the law, no judge has held them to have any legal value.

In sum, if you want to evade your taxes, go for it. Don't delude others or yourself into thinking that what you're doing is legal, it is not. Morally, ethically, or any other way you'd like to characterize it is fine, but your actions themselves are illegal. If you want to encourage others to change the law, by all means let's do it, I'm with you, but trying to convince people that the law is illegal or unconstitutional or what-have-you will not accomplish that end. Moreover it's incorrect.

Good job on the above... It is so beautifully worded and accurate that I am going to copy and paste it for future use. Hope you dont mind. :)